DJI refusing refund after 4 days w/o a flight
2555 28 2015-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

I had to buy my phantom 3 standard from a authorized dji dealer that was on Amazon because dji refuses to ship the Alaska. When I got the bird I update the firmware and the gimbal tilt didn't work. I call dji support and did all the calibrations they told me to do  ( more them once) and so today I call dji and they won't give me a refund because I didn't get it directly from them. What kind of scam if any are they trying to pull here? They wouldn't sell me one because of my location and they won't give me my money back because I didn't buy it from them. I love the phantoms and all of there products. With my refund I was planing on just giving back to dji and then some with the purchase of a p3p. Anyone else have this happen to them?
2015-10-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why would DJI refund you for something you didn't buy form them? You need to go through Amazon/Dealer to get any refund..
2015-10-5
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

They probably have no shipping arrangements set up for this.   When a big company sets up a shipping arrangement there are contracts set up that cover service agreements, costs and insurance.    Clearly they don't have that for Alaska
2015-10-5
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Amazon is very easy to work with.
2015-10-6
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I'm with splooge on this one, should be a Blinding Flash of the Obvious you need to go through Amazon.
2015-10-6
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Just start a return through Amazon.  If it is unused then no problem.  
2015-10-6
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Returned lots of things through Amazon. Great to work with.
2015-10-6
Use props
ksunsingh
lvl.2

United States

Amazon is awesome ... DJI should take note of this: DJI forum, Amazon praise. why? customer service!

dont want to suppose, but what were all the calibrations you did?
2015-10-6
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-10-6 09:35
Just start a return through Amazon.  If it is unused then no problem.

The OP says it didn't fly, but he did attempt to install the firmware.

Has to go back to Amazon as they were the ones to handle the sale.

Sorry the OP had problems with the quad, but DJI didn't sell the quad, Amazon did.
2015-10-6
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-10-6 13:42
The OP says it didn't fly, but he did attempt to install the firmware.

Has to go back to Amazon a ...

Could have sworn that is what I said.  "Just start a return through Amazon".....  Yes I totally agree.
2015-10-6
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-6
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-10-6 19:55
Even if its used and defective you can get a refund/replacement if its within a set amount of days ...

Yes I have never had a problem returning something through Amazon.  It should not be a problem for him.
2015-10-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-10-7 08:58
Yes I have never had a problem returning something through Amazon.  It should not be a problem for ...

i tried to return an xbox1 to DJI and get a refund but they refuse to give me my money back. i think thats disgraceful!
2015-10-6
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

When I call the seller on Amazon said I needed to send it to dji or I could send it back to them but I would eat the shipping both way ( just to get it it was $70 bucks) and a restocking fee. That's y I call dji. I know what everyone's going to say now. How is that dji. Well if the only way I can buy from them then I have to deal with there authorized distributors.
2015-10-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

eaton2001 Posted at 2015-10-7 11:17
When I call the seller on Amazon said I needed to send it to dji or I could send it back to them but ...

you dont use the dealer to return. use amazon return, easy and no hassle, promise!
log in to your account then go to your orders, bring up the order for the p3 and start a return, they will issue you an rma together with a shipping ticket. print, box it up and return. once they receive it money will be deposited into your account.
2015-10-6
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

Thank you so much!! I will do that then. I don't buy off amazon very often and have never returned anything before.
2015-10-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

eaton2001 Posted at 2015-10-7 11:41
Thank you so much!! I will do that then. I don't buy off amazon very often and have never returned a ...

if you need any more help with amazon return just reply to the post and i'll help you
2015-10-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

eaton2001 Posted at 2015-10-7 11:41
Thank you so much!! I will do that then. I don't buy off amazon very often and have never returned a ...

and do yourself a huge favor buy at least the advanced. you will be much happier, again, promise!!!!
2015-10-6
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

Thank you guys for the help and yeah I'm getting a pro this time around
2015-10-6
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-10-6 21:11
i tried to return an xbox1 to DJI and get a refund but they refuse to give me my money back. i thi ...

Ray, you meant return it to Amazon right?  Yes, that was disgraceful.  I have returned 3 things.  And I think that a lot of it has to do if it was shipped by and handled by Amazon or if it was shipped by the seller.  2 of the items I returned was shipped and handled by Amazon and It was no charge shipping returnetc.  But to return the other item that I returned I did have to pay the shipping which I (like this OP) did not like because it was defective (and should not have to) and did not even want a replacement.   If the seller will not pay shipping when replacing a defective Item that is not right.  But not giving your money back that is down right theft!
2015-10-7
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

eaton2001 Posted at 2015-10-6 23:27
Thank you guys for the help and yeah I'm getting a pro this time around

When you get it make sure you post some videos of beautiful Alaskan scenery.
2015-10-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-10-7 17:37
Ray, you meant return it to Amazon right?  Yes, that was disgraceful.  I have returned 3 things.   ...

No, I was being silly! I was jabbing! Lol
2015-10-7
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-10-7 06:46
No, I was being silly! I was jabbing! Lol

Well I was had!  Nicely done.
2015-10-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-10-7 20:12
Well I was had!  Nicely done.

Your air2 barely fits in the holder, right? I'm thinking of getting the pro 128gb when it's released. It's about 2" wider and 2.5" taller. And 1/2 pound heavier! Do u think there's a way to jerry rig it to stay on the holder? I know of those 3d printed gizmos where u can extend the holder but my main concern is the weight?
2015-10-7
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

It fits perfect.  Even with the hood on.   I thought it would be too big but it is not.  I love it.  Open device all the way up and put the air in bottom first and then just a gentl push puts it in place. Then press down on top of holder to snug it up.  My mini 2 is a little thicker than the air 2 and when I put it on the holder with the hood it takes me longer to secure it.    I would think you would have to get a device holder for it.  Not sure how to take it apart.  Have not looked at it closely.  Will have to when I get back home.
2015-10-7
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

Update: so I ended up having to send it to the seller on Amazon because Amazon didn't do the shipping on it. I called the seller today because I tracked the package and seen they received it. They told me that I was getting charged 15%($115.00) restocking fee if I wanted a refund. So I'm out $115 and $70( for the shipping). How that's not theft idk! Someone please if I have any recourse let me know. Thanks in advanced
2015-10-8
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

eaton2001 Posted at 2015-10-8 12:51
Update: so I ended up having to send it to the seller on Amazon because Amazon didn't do the shippin ...

probably a late advice, but i always buy thru Prime Amazon, shipped and handled by amazon. returns handled by amazon. try talking to amazon Customer Service and see if they can do anything. sorry about your experience
2015-10-8
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

Thanks good advise lesson learned
2015-10-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rayrokni Posted at 2015-10-7 23:49
Your air2 barely fits in the holder, right? I'm thinking of getting the pro 128gb when it's releas ...

I would not use a 3D printed anything to hold a screen onto the contro0ller, the materials used in 3D printing are not as robust as people think. I would be more inclined to get a metal holder to take the device, much safer.
2015-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules