Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 v. X3 v. GH4 side by side Comparison by Aerial Media Pros
3654 7 2015-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yogi123
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=82&v=S2i0TjTKjAc

2015-10-6
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Good find!

The GH4 and X3 look way sharper than the X5, but it will be interesting to see how the X5 looks when sharpening is added to match the other cameras.
2015-10-6
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I don't trust camera tests by non camera professionals so I wouldn't make any hard decisions based on this.   With better cameras comes much more responsibility, knowledge and experience to get the best results.

The biggest takeaway point is that the X5 is not in the point-and-shoot category so best to ignore all but the best operators when it comes to test footage.
2015-10-7
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

jimhare Posted at 2015-10-7 10:27
I don't trust camera tests by non camera professionals so I wouldn't make any hard decisions based o ...

Well I dont have the time to postprocess my videos. I have learned to do footage a way its useable with minimum effort. Its nice if I can get much more out of it if I buy a Mac and use Final Cut Pro but the camera should also be better out of the box without all postprocessing.

I would not care of the cost if I really would get much better videos then with the X3 but thats not the case.
2015-10-7
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-8 09:05
Well I dont have the time to postprocess my videos. I have learned to do footage a way its useable  ...

Sounds like the X3 is perfect for you.    I love the X3, and as you say it's easy to get a great image instantly.  

It's not even about post processing though.   The X5 requires more knowledge and experience to get the shot right in the first place.   If you get the shot right you don't require post processing, problem is most won't get the shot right.
2015-10-7
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

jimhare Posted at 2015-10-8 00:48
Sounds like the X3 is perfect for you.    I love the X3, and as you say it's easy to get a great i ...

In the video comparison above - what knowledge and experience was the maker of this video missing that the X5 video looks so awful?

Lets say he would have changed focus or aperture I still dont see how the landscape video could have gone much better with different settings.

PS: I know all camera settings I didnt say I want a uncomplicated camera I want a camera which saves me the time for postprocessing. What I would buy is a 4K/50p camera with 100 Mbps (if the rest of the camera is also ok).
2015-10-7
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-8 10:02
In the video comparison above - what knowledge and experience was the maker of this video missing  ...

The biggest challenge with a larger sensor is focus, which is virtually impossible to gauge on a phone or tablet screen.    If the image is soft everything falls apart from there.  

Beyond that they either go to the time to perfectly color the image in camera (which they clearly didn't do) or grade properly in post (which I'm hoping they didn't do because they didn't do a good job of it.)

So basically you have an always-sharp and bright X3 image next to a soft and dull X5 image and it's easy to see why people would prefer the X3.   

But ultimately the X5 is capable of creating a MUCH nicer image than the X3, just requires experience.
2015-10-7
Use props
sfaulk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 956535 ft
United States

Well said...
2015-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules