Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ground Station Weirdness
1380 6 2014-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

We did a little experiment today, the idea was to set a waypoint as close to the phantom as we could so that it would clime to our mission altitude quickly and avoid potential problems with other mission in the future, this was bough about by the fact we nearly hit some trees once while it was ascending to waypoint 1 in an earlier mission.

So we set waypoint 1 to be at 300ft in 15 ft distance (to test climb rate) and did a little mission over some woods.  All went fine until waypoint 3 where the phantom seems to get confused, turns as if compass baring was lost, turned back to the correct heading - then turned back to the previous heading, before 'rebooting' ? signal loss for a second, big jerk left - reconnect and back on track.

Do you think the relatively low tension wires below could have caused it ?  Its not like they are 1000's of KVolts, but could they be the cause ?

2014-12-17
Use props
Jstic
lvl.1

United States

That's very typical when making a turn in GS that exceeds 180 degrees. Nothing to worry about. You should download the modified app and use the bank and curve feature, it removes the stopping at waypoints and flies right through them.
2014-12-17
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Modified app ? Where do I get that ?
2014-12-17
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.3

Germany

umpa Posted at 2014-12-17 22:53
Modified app ? Where do I get that ?

I dont know, if he means
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25244 ,

but I'm happy yet with the original version, which let me feel more comfortable

Happy Landings
2014-12-17
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Thanks I bet thats it.  Thing is I don't know if I dare use it....

Android apps are dodgy at the best of times, not to mention hacked apps from 3rd parties.  but god the temptation..........
2014-12-17
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Jstic Posted at 2014-12-17 22:43
That's very typical when making a turn in GS that exceeds 180 degrees. Nothing to worry about. You s ...

True for Phantom as well as the full featured iOS Ground Station.
It does seem to happen more when the turn is large.
Several pilots have concluded that the FC can't decide the shortest rotational distance...
2014-12-17
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-12-18 02:39
True for Phantom as well as the full featured iOS Ground Station.
It does seem to happen more when ...

Do you know why we have to create an account  and sign in to use the app or get updates - I wonder what data we send to  DJI ?
2014-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules