BBC Reports on dangerous quadcopter flying incidents
1469 7 2014-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30446136

Just a matter of time before our hobby gets banned because of these brainless stupid inept cretins.
CAA rules, DONT fly any where near airports, or with in 50 meters of a building, person or vehicle.

Mines a quadcopter NOT a drone. It looks nothing like a male "bee".

2014-12-17
Use props
palmerguy06
lvl.1

United States

idiots are going to ruin hobby for us all :@
2014-12-17
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm happy for mine to be called a drone, because thats what it is.  Drone is not a dirty word its a word that describes the autonomous part of the system.

Anyway - this thing is going to happen and it will get worse before it gets better.  The chances are there will be different classifications of   'drone - multi rotor'  whatever you choose to describe it.  If I am not mistaken our Phantoms are hardcoded with airport and no fly zones in the hardware, so when the banning starts perhaps ours will still be allowed.

One thing is for certain the authorities will clamp down on this behaviour.
2014-12-17
Use props
mh
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Idiots will be idiots. I am sure when RC Heli's first came out there was an influx of people buying, flying and then crashing them before moving on to something else. What i imagine we will be left with are those of us who fly sophisticated equipment that isnt capable of heading into no fly zones. Because of the onboard programming, i cant see that the CAA here in the UK will ban these outright, they will just make them so that you cant mess with ceilings or no fly zoning etc. There are obviously already rules in place governing these UAV's but unfortunately, twats will be twats. Fortunately for us as we can see on Youtube these people are crashing  faster than Parrot can turn units out!
2014-12-17
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

[size=14.3999996185303px]Birmingham University warned the use of drones in the UK would rise over the next 20 years, raising "significant safety, security, and privacy concerns".

Me  :- What is this based on - affordability?  The use of also cars will continue to rise - there that's my warning.

The airline pilots' association Balpa has demanded better protection for the public against the risks.

Me :- They are not so clean - flying under the influence - lack of good sleep - long hours etc.
2014-12-17
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2014-12-17 17:44
I'm happy for mine to be called a drone, because thats what it is.  Drone is not a dirty word its a  ...

Personally I think  the word drone has negative connotations. Nearly everybody who has approached me when I fly, says" oh, is that a drone,  to spy on people ?"  Our efforts to Change the description might help  curb negative public opinions.
2014-12-17
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

tonyphantom147@ Posted at 2014-12-18 02:24
Personally I think  the word drone has negative connotations. Nearly everybody who has approached  ...

Thats the media for sure, the problem is whenever anything bad happens it seems they use a picture of a Phantom. So for me, I would rather educate them what a drone actually is - rather than denying its a drone - they won't believe you anyway as there are to many sources telling them it is one.
2014-12-17
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

:@Stand and be counted - so no to drone
2014-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules