Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question on Fail Safe vs. Battery
1770 12 2014-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allbritt
lvl.3

United States

Just got a new ph2 vison+ (ver 3) and have had a several flights.  Took it up for a short flight in the back yard with the drone battery still showing 2 solid green lights.  About 45 seconds later, klaxon sounded on the smartphone and failsafe notice came up.  (phantom was about 50 ft up and 100 feet in front of me.  It came back and hovered.   I flipped S1 out of GPS mode and landed it.  Battery light was on last led and flashing green.       Did it do this due to low battery or did I lose RC connection with the phantom triggering the failsafe?

2014-12-17
Use props
jarek33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466696 ft
United States

looks like battery was almost done, did you have red lights flashing on the phantom ? thats also indication of low battery
2014-12-17
Use props
allbritt
lvl.3

United States

jarek33@hotmail Posted at 2014-12-17 23:25
looks like battery was almost done, did you have red lights flashing on the phantom ? thats also ind ...

Yes the red lights started flashing.   Scared me so I regained control and landed.  
2014-12-17
Use props
jarek33
lvl.1
United States

allbritt@verizo Posted at 2014-12-17 23:45
Yes the red lights started flashing.   Scared me so I regained control and landed.

Battery for sure then!! be careful with that
2014-12-17
Use props
jarek33
lvl.1
United States

also check your battery u should be able to fly at least 15 min at full speed
2014-12-17
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

My first ever flight lasted 10 mins, before auto emergency landing, battery was showing 25% left.  After a recharge it has worked as advertised every time since.
2014-12-17
Use props
allbritt
lvl.3

United States

Thanks umpa and Jarek33.  This was the first charge cycle of the battery and adding up all the short flights was maybe 8 or 10 minutes.  Li Ion batteries take a couple of cycles to reach their full potential.  Thanks for the advice.  I will surely watch it.  
2014-12-17
Use props
rod
First Officer

New Zealand

Also remember that under the new software setup, you cannot set the safety buffer: the software now calculates safe remaining power to get home based on how much power is going to be needed: ie how high and far away you are from the RTH point. Makes a lot more sense than a flat 20-or 30% which may not be enough if flying great heights and distances.
2014-12-17
Use props
allbritt
lvl.3

United States

Thanks Rod
2014-12-19
Use props
afbigfish
New

United States

I have a related question.  What happens if your Phantom (vision+) is in fail safe mode and does not have enough battery power to make it all the way back horizontally to the home point?  Will it automatically try and land somewhere along the route at a particular voltage or will it keep trying to make it to the home point and crash if it cannot make it?
2014-12-19
Use props
mickeymja
New

Jamaica

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-12-18 11:36
Also remember that under the new software setup, you cannot set the safety buffer: the software now  ...

Hey Guys, got my phantom 2 v2.0 on December 12 and i'm loving it. Everything  works great, I bought it without Gimbal and Camera and  for now  its a learning  process, I have been paying attention to the forum reviews. Thanks guys because of you all i have learnt a lot, i'll keep posting my findings has I learn. Michael (Jamaica)
2014-12-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

mickeymja@gmail Posted at 2014-12-20 10:53
Hey Guys, got my phantom 2 v2.0 on December 12 and i'm loving it. Everything  works great, I bough ...

Just don't let it get out of your sight without a camera onboard.  You can lose orientation very quickly.
2014-12-19
Use props
mickeymja
New

Jamaica

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-20 11:05
Just don't let it get out of your sight without a camera onboard.  You can lose orientation very q ...

That is true I notice that, thanks for your advic: handshake
2014-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules