Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello guys
i am travelling to USA next week and i am planning to take my Inspire 1 with me....
Could anyone tell me if i can use it to my vacations and what restrictions there is ?

Best regards
Nik
2015-10-7
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

Anybody please ?
2015-10-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Nikolao,

Although I am not from the USA, I suspect you need to at least give the forum members in the USA an idea of where you will be travelling, which state etc..  For example New York - this will be a absolute no.  

You will need to be super careful and safe now anywhere in the USA.  Just read some posts about an operator being fined $1.3million by the FAA for flying in congested areas.

Perhaps though if you indicate where you intend to travel you may get more response and feedback from  the guys.
2015-10-7
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

Hello guys i am going to San Fransisco , San Jose , Las Vegas , and probably Los Angeles... and the areas around...
Thanks in advance...

2015-10-8
Use props
Tanner5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104524 ft
United States

nikolaospaschal Posted at 2015-10-8 06:48
Hello guys i am going to San Fransisco , San Jose , Las Vegas , and probably Los Angeles... and the  ...

http://www.faa.gov/uas/

You can find all of the information on this site. Be careful of no fly zones and airports. You may not use your Inspire for commercial purposes unless you have a waiver and pilots license.

https://www.airmap.io/

Check the airmap website for the 5 mile radius of ariports (they are everywhere). Good flying!
2015-10-8
Use props
JasonA
lvl.2

United States

Keep in mind there are now 7 states with their own STATE LAWS regarding drone/uav use and some can be very restrictive.  Meeting the federal regulations is not only the lowest common demoninator, and you will have to be up on state laws as well.  

The latest drone360 magazine had a good write up, I dont have it handy but you should do a state law search for every state you plan on visiting.

For example, just two days ago CA just enacted a law saying its illegal to fly a drone over private property with the intent of taking photos or videos.  You will need to secure permission from the property owners in advance.  Horrible law as it was passed but state legislators in CA have included anti-drone riders in just about every type of legislation that hit the governers desk in the past two weeks.  Theyre foaming at the mouth to get drones banned in basically all usuable forms except flying it in your own backyard.  
2015-10-8
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

Tanner5 Posted at 2015-10-8 14:27
http://www.faa.gov/uas/

You can find all of the information on this site. Be careful of no fly zon ...

Hi guys
am a little confused with airmap ...
Is it ok to fly in area of national parks (like Hoover dam or Grand Canyon).If you need a special licences where you can ask /issue ?

Thanks again for your help
2015-10-8
Use props
JasonA
lvl.2

United States

UAVs and drones were banned from all National Parks across the country last year.  The ban is supposedly temporary until the FAA develops permanent rules regarding uavs.
2015-10-9
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

I would say the ban will be permanent. The airspace directly overlying most national parks is restricted to most aircraft, not just drones. I doubt they will make an exception for drones.

The restricted airspace can be seen on sectional charts and on websites like skyvector.com.

Take a look at the Grand Canyon area for a really clear example of these restrictions. Similar restrictions can be found over most state / national parks / wildlife refuges, etc.
2015-10-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

nikolaospaschal Posted at 2015-10-8 22:06
Hi guys
am a little confused with airmap ...
Is it ok to fly in area of national parks (like Hoov ...

JasonA is correct, you cannot fly inside the National Parks. I was able to fly my Inspire for one flight with the Park Rangers approval. It was limited and no people can be around the area I was flying. This was a day park with the Rogue River in the background.

Do not expect to fly in these areas.. you will be arrested and the equipment impounded.

Rich
2015-10-11
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

That's crazy that you can't fly your inspire 1 over a state park and to think you can fly a small 2 seater aircraft and film or take photos. I don't get it.
2015-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules