no fly zones website vs drone
1754 7 2015-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooter4n
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1509055 ft
United States

SO I am near the troutdale oregon airport, about 2.5 miles away.
If I look on the dji website no fly zone map, red circle is one mile around airport, far from me.
When I start my drone, on my ipad map no fly zone is all the way to my house, about few hundred yards from it.2-3 times  bigger than whwat it's showing on the dji website.
that happened after 1.4 firmware update.

anyone noticed same probolems with larger than normal no flyzones?
DJI, any comments?

2015-10-7
Use props
merazilestudios
lvl.1
United States

Same thing happened to me today.  I noticed this happened after the update.  It is definitely larger then the circle it show on the map.
2015-10-8
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

They enlarge their no flyzones to please regulations authorities - initially they were to small you are nowhere allowed to fly within 1 mile of an airport. I think with airports this is ok the problem will start when they outdraw each city from the map where a insane major just declares it to a nofly zone.  
2015-10-9
Use props
scooter4n
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1509055 ft
United States

should DJI website match hat we see on our ipads???
Problem is this. I am planing to go fly somewhere, I never been there, so I check DJI website for no fly zone and see that I will be ok, I get there to find out that I am not and can not fly...
See the problem?

DJI are you going to comment on this? Or have nothin to say to this glitch
2015-10-9
Use props
budguinn
New

United States

I have the same basic problem.  I am in Oregon with an uncontrolled airport nearby.  It is not on the no fly list, but I get the no fly message and can't take off.  I have the permission of the local FBO/airport manager..I am a licensed private pilot and I carry a handheld transceiver.  But, the app won't let me fly with no apparent reason.
2015-10-14
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Databases are ruled by ONE reason; Garbage in, Garbage Out. As an Exemption Holder and Pilot able to request and receive permission to fly pretty much anywhere except Class B airspace, I STRONGLY suggest that DJI clean up their GARBAGE input. Secondly, There should be a simple "encrtpted key" tha can be applied to unlock the flight parameters.
So, I look to other manufacturers for an alternative when DJI does their face plant.
My registered Exemption birds are: DJI Inspire 1; DJI S1000+; 3DRobotics X8+
2015-10-14
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

budguinn Posted at 2015-10-14 16:32
I have the same basic problem.  I am in Oregon with an uncontrolled airport nearby.  It is not on th ...

You could try this.....
This web site offering up no fly zone unlock request
http://www.heliguy.com/blog/2015/08/19/dji-go-no-fly-zones/
https://www.heliguy.com/pg/Opportunities/override-no-fly-zone
I have seen it posted several places, but I don't know if it works.

I have never seen any feedback
2015-10-24
Use props
fans796fb84e
New
Flight distance : 63924 ft
Sweden

I'm sorry I have to work with the google translater, my English is not good!

Hej,

after i have updated my Mavic Pro a few days ago i get warnings that I want to fly into a no fly zone, or my return flight pass over a no fly zone.
Actually my flightarea and hometown is in any direction more than 50 km away from any no Fly zones (DJI map, swedish kontrollzones http://daim.lfv.se/echarts/dronechart/)

I sent screenshots to DJI because because they told  me that in the online chat and then they  suggested to send the drone for repair.

Unfortunately until now i was not able to sent it,, because the online form can not convert my special characters in my hometown adress and that makes it unable to transmitted my address correctly.

I contacted the support again for help but so far no response received!
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules