Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin rocks! Need accessories!
6266 13 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob
New

United States

I am loving the Ronin gimbal but as a one man shop have the need for the thumb controller ASAP. There are gigs I cannot do with the full remote. Also would love to buy more QR mounts and an extra battery. What about an adapter for a steadicam arm? Lots of ways to use this amazing tool if the accessories were available! Anything else people could think of needing?
2014-9-17
Use props
jwillowecreativ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52441 ft
United States

Oh its killer for sure! The thumb controller is a must,  and I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about it whatsoever really.  

As for the steadicam arm,  there is a startup that is making some awesome accessories for the ronin.  Seems like they're working on alot of new stuff as well. They started out by making a quick release adapter so you can put the Ronin on tripods and anything else you can mount it to.  

Definitely worth checking it out. cinemilled.comwww.cinemilled.com
http://cinemilled.com/

Hope that helps some.

2014-9-17
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.3

China

jwillowecreativ Posted at 2014-9-17 22:55
Oh its killer for sure! The thumb controller is a must,  and I'm surprised there hasn't been any tal ...

HI Sir.We are working on the thumb control and wireless follow focus system now
2014-9-18
Use props
rob
New

United States

Great to hear the thumb control is being worked on... Any ETA?

Also, I have the Cinemilled plate and tried to order the Steadicam adapter but cinemilled went unresponsive. Kinda weird as I want to give them money and have already purchased and received stuff. I think they bit off more than they could handle!
2014-9-19
Use props
Paulo
Captain
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Cinemilled adapter are great and a must this days for film production but I hope Dji come with something simillar.
We all know that using RONIN on a professional environment without a vest with strong arms its impossible. (To heavy)
Cinemlilled come with a great idea. I really hope to see something like this come out from Dji.
2014-9-20
Use props
sonu2c
New

Canada

Just got my Ronin it is great but i'm only one shooter so definitely needs a THUMB CONTROLLER  when will we see this? Other things is it has no android Software i had to borrow a friends iPhone to control it and no MAC desktop software You need an PC totally messed up there  , when will we see Android software and MAc desktop software ? also looking for a vest hookup for it ? which one would you recommend?
2014-9-22
Use props
sonu2c
New

Canada

and as Wedding Cinematographer definitely need more Batteries please make more batteries available
2014-9-22
Use props
awe_ronin
New

United Kingdom

Totally agree, I rent out my Ronin on jobs but for all day shoots it requires more batteries! So important please make more available.
2014-9-23
Use props
elcapitanleal
New

Mexico

want to buy the ronin, I live in mexico , near to mc allen texas  nead a dealer ,, and price
2014-9-25
Use props
matt
New

United States

I got the cinemilled adapter for it for possible rig and creative mounting. Setting it up as a secondary camera if I can get it balanced right.

I dont get why everyone says its heavy, then again my main is a BMCC with redrock rig, around 25-30 lbs generally. Something i did try out though when i was testing manually tuning it was briefcase mode. Wish you could lock it into briefcase mode because I could see shooting it all day in briefcase mode with it resting on my hip. Its real easy, even have room to hold the remote control.

Hell if you wanted to, you could move the other handle up to the top in briefcase mode so you have two handholds, use the supplied mount brackets one in the middle to hold power distributor and monitor, and the other mount bracket at the bottom. Just get a cheap chest pad rig support to screw into it and you'd be flyin hawaiin all day.
2014-9-26
Use props
troubayliss
New

New Zealand

Badiy need proportional pan \ tilt control to bring ronin up to professional  grade  
any chance of an upgrade ???????
2014-9-30
Use props
troubayliss
New

New Zealand

troubayliss@gma Posted at 2014-10-1 14:51
Badiy need proportional pan \ tilt control to bring ronin up to professional  grade  
any chance of  ...

NO point asking  questions here .....you wont get an answer  GIMBALUSER   is a good forum
2014-10-5
Use props
PeterBerglund
lvl.1

Sweden

I have not found any thumb controller at DJI yet. Is it released or not...? DJI-Julain told us 2014-9-19 that it was on its way. Not sure I like third party alternatives for Ronin, but if DJI doesn't have it, have anyone any experience regarding these third-party thumb controllers?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Roni ... hash=item2edb698c6e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joystick ... hash=item339b282e82

Thx!
2014-12-31
Use props
lvl.1

Jamaica

cinemilled
cant beat what you can get from pedro
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced