Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO Release Announcement
123Next >
18091 82 2015-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

Osmo Product Intro:

DJI Osmo – Moments

DJI Osmo – Evolution

OSMO – REIMAGINE MOVEMENT

DJI_OSMO1.jpg
Motion without blur. Action shots without shake. Perfect video even when youmove. Thanks to advanced technologies specifically designed to keep the camera flat no matter how you move it, the DJI Osmo helps you record videos and take photos like never before. It is much more than just a camera. It helps you create with more freedom than ever.

THE WORLD IN 360°
DJ_OSMO2.png
The Automatic Panorama mode makes shooting 360° panoramas easier thanever. Just hold the Osmo up above your head and tap the shutter release. The camera will rotate, capturing images as it goes while staying completely level. Don’t just get a snapshot of a piece of your travels. Make a memory of the whole scene.

POWER IN YOUR PALM
DJI_OSMO2-2.jpg
The grip on the Osmo is precisely engineered with materials selected for comfort and durability, and designed to ergonomically fit the palm of your hand. Conveniently placed buttons and controls keep important functions by your thumb for instant access.

REMOTE CONTROL
DJI_OSMO3.jpg
All of DJI's Smart Shooting modes can be controlled and triggered by remote control from within the DJI GO app on your smartphone. Mount the Osmo on a tripod,or any of the other available mounts, and take a few steps back to aposition from where you can easily overlook the scene and control the camera.

PERFECT VISION
DJI_OSMO4.jpg
The Osmo’s Zenmuse X3 camera works as one with the stabilization system. It brings you 4K video at 24, 25 or 30 frames per second so you could even shoot forthe big screen, and captures photos at 12 mega pixels in Adobe DNG RAW, openingup shots that you never thought possible before.

The Osmo is also compatible with the all-new Zenmuse X5 series of cameras, bringing you highly stabilized imaging with all the benefits of a large M4/3sensor.

ADVANCED GIMBAL
DJI_OSMO5.jpg
The technology to keeping a camera smooth in the sky has long been a core DJI technology. This expertise was pushed to its limit in creating the X3 and its gimbal, giving you a completely stable camera you can hold in your hand.

The 3-axis gimbal knows how the Osmo is moving, allowing it to correct for your movements every second. Using a network of sensors and advanced algorithms it keeps the camera perfectly level no matter how you move.

This level of precision is only possible because of the ultra-fast,custom-made processor that is unique to DJI. Operating at speeds that allow the system to compensate for motion and tilt in real-time, this processor controls motors on all three axes: yaw, tilt, and roll.

ACCESSORIES
DJI_OSMO6.jpg
The Osmo supports a number of mounts and extensions so that you can use it in almost any situation. A Tripod lets you set the Osmo down for added stability or long-distance control. The Bike Mount lets you take the Osmo for a ride and an Extension Rod opens up a range of brand new angles.

INTELLIGENT SLEEP MODE

DJI_OSMO7.jpg
Put down the Osmo, and it automatically enters into sleep mode after a set amount of time. This not only extends the Osmo’s battery life, but also increases the lifespan of its advanced electronics. When you wake up the Osmo, it’s ready to go.
2015-10-8
Use props
info.choppersho
lvl.1

United States

Will this camera work on the Inspire?
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Looks great, I'm really looking forward to adding this to my filmmaking tools.

Dave
2015-10-8
Use props
justin.mah
lvl.2

Canada

Thank you for finally announcing this! It's been a long time coming!

Few questions regarding this announcement, because I didn't go digging for more info, just based off of what I read here:
1) Is there sound capture? Or is it video capture only? I didn't see it say anything about capturing sound.
2) Are we still going to have a horizontal issue like we've had with the Inspire 1?
3) Does it sell separate without the X3 (for all existing Inspire1 owners?). How much?
2015-10-8
Use props
Fred D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Can I buy just the OSMO without the camera? I already own two X3 cameras,
2015-10-8
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The secret is public... DJI OSMO
in DJI Store : http://goo.gl/XBCved

More Info's : http://goo.gl/X3uSR5

2015-10-8
Use props
drick1804
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6371 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Just ordered 1 + the extension stick.
I'm a happy chap
2015-10-8
Use props
Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

justin.mah Posted at 2015-10-8 18:14

Few questions regarding this a ...

Description on the DJI store says it has sound capture through built in mic plus a 3.5mm jack port for an external mic.
2015-10-8
Use props
MSD17
lvl.1

United States

Just like other Inspire 1 owners...looking for cost of handle without camera. Why not have that as an option upfront???
2015-10-8
Use props
btamkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

This may be the reason....this is right off their FAQ page...

What’s the difference between Osmo’s camera and Inspire 1’s camera?

The mechanical structure of the Osmo camera is redesigned for hand held use. The 3-axis gimbal can be flattened and locked, and the orientation of the tilt motor has been changed. There are many small changes inside the camera and gimbal as well.
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

justin.mah Posted at 2015-10-9 01:14

Hi sir,
You can refer to the manual click here

1. It has the sound capture function
2. During the testing I did not find this issue.
3. I believe it will sell separate, but not sure about the price. Please wait patiently.
2015-10-8
Use props
F66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75571 ft
United States

But... They are not selling it as an add on/accessory to the Inspire 1 yet. "Available very soon" so says the pre-order help line. So if you want this right now you get to have another X3 camera. Personally I think this is a snub to the current  Inspire owners who have been waiting for this since its reveal and it may be a way of getting rid of some excess Sony sensors before moving to a new platform. Just a thought.
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

info.choppersho Posted at 2015-10-9 01:04
Will this camera work on the Inspire?

For the moment, Osmo camera cannot be used on inspire 1, but inspire 1 X3 camera can be used on the Osmo stick after updating camera's firmware
2015-10-8
Use props
photojeg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233409 ft
  • >>>
United States

justin.mah Posted at 2015-10-8 13:14

Can the Osmo be used with an iTouch instead of a smartphone?
2015-10-8
Use props
skil
lvl.1
United States

Will the bracket allow the use of an iPhone 6+ ?

2015-10-8
Use props
EL SID
lvl.3

United States

This will be a great camera for Real Estate in house tours.
2015-10-8
Use props
Calvette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

drick1804 Posted at 2015-10-8 10:40
Just ordered 1 + the extension stick.  
I'm a happy chap

I just ordered OSMO because I saw this in my cart

"If you have ordered many types of products, then we will ship them together instead of shipping them individually. If you want to receive products individually as soon as they are available, please place separate orders."
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

photojeg Posted at 2015-10-9 11:30
Can the Osmo be used with an iTouch instead of a smartphone?

as far as you can have DJI GO on it...
2015-10-9
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

OSMO looks cool and probably works great.  
Battery Life is only 60 minutes and you cannot order an extra battery.  I was going to hit the buy button but 60 minutes will probably equate to 45-50 minutes of battery life.   
2015-10-9
Use props
stevensredmond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8045 ft
Cyprus

Fred D Posted at 2015-10-8 20:27
Can I buy just the OSMO without the camera? I already own two X3 cameras,

I was wondering the same. I already own the dearest part of the kit which is the camera. I have been given a price from DJI for the whole unit for about €720. The camera alone is over €500. I emailed europe and got this reply
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
sorry to tell you that we cann't provide the handle separatly now,you know the osmo is published only one day
but dji will provide this product later ,pls wait patiently

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,

What if I did buy the whole unit and damaged the handle which was my fault. They are saying they could not supply a new handle. I think that may be illegal
2015-10-9
Use props
stevensredmond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8045 ft
Cyprus

btamkins Posted at 2015-10-8 22:32
This may be the reason....this is right off their FAQ page...

What’s the difference between Osmo’ ...

And another of their FAQ,s
Can I use the Inspire 1 camera on the OSMO.. Drop down menu states
Yes you can use the Inspire 1 camera but you must upgrade the camera software when you first install it on the handle. This is available on the DJI App
They should make their mind up
2015-10-9
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.3

Philippines

Hopefully DJI has thought of CP/ND filter option for this Osmo!
2015-10-9
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-8 20:01
For the moment, Osmo camera cannot be used on inspire 1, but inspire 1 X3 camera can be used on the ...

What do you mean by at the moment?

Are there plans for an update to enable the OSMO X3 to be used on the Inspire 1?

Jack
2015-10-9
Use props
kentw1925
New

United States

The handheld Osmo is a great product  per the  ads.  There are other simliiar products on the market, but this one is stylish, has good video specs, and offers  better lens options.  However, one noticeable problem.  This equipment can only be upgraded via a windows  operating system.  There is no option to do so using  Apple products., like on My Phantom 3 pro.   Apple is the computer of choice for creative individuals and photographers.  Please  let us know when you're offering apple support for the handheld Osmo.   Also How difficult would it be to offer your handheld gyro to accomodate  t the hugely popular, GoPro line of cameras?    Thank You.  
2015-10-9
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

kentw1925 Posted at 2015-10-9 15:01
The handheld Osmo is a great product  per the  ads.  There are other simliiar products on the market ...

Are you sure about the upgrade?
2015-10-9
Use props
luville
lvl.1

United States

please someone forward the link just for handle.  i already have x3 from my inspire 1.  
2015-10-9
Use props
Bullcrappy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87989 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will it actually ship?  I saw something about 15 days?  Just for my comparison how does this X3 camera compare to the P3 Pro cam?  I don't think the p3 cam is 12mp is it? same size sensor?
2015-10-10
Use props
Abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like most Inspire customers, I'm waiting see if the Osmo can be purchased without the camera as I'd rather not pay for a second X3 camera.

As and aside, this may be the first DJI product to not have a fly-away issue! :-)
2015-10-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

luville Posted at 2015-10-9 18:00
please someone forward the link just for handle.  i already have x3 from my inspire 1.

It's not available yet.
2015-10-11
Use props
kjsalisbury
lvl.2
United States

EL SID Posted at 2015-10-8 21:31

Yea. Now real estate agents will also be "film makers" not just "cell phoneographers" One more reason for them to just buy their own and not hire a pro. smh
2015-10-11
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Does it not have any otf this???

http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Handschlaufen:::219.html

Its a little crazy to just hold it in the hand with nothing it supposed to be for action or nocht.
2015-10-11
Use props
APWDave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Will the bracket hold an iPhone 6s Plus? In a case?

drone filming wales
2015-10-11
Use props
Four props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32917 ft
United States

FIX YOUR APPS THAT DO NOT WORK FIRST THEN I MIGHT BUY ONE! UNTIL DJI STEPS UP AND FIXES THEIR APPS,  I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER DJI PRODUCT BUYER BEWARE!
ALL CURRENT APPS FOR IOS 9.0.2
ARE BROKEN.
AND THEY DONT SEEM TO CARE WHEN YOU CALL FOR SUPPORT /HELP!
SEE LIST BELOW

VISION APP FOR DJI PHANTOM 2 V 3 APP
GROUND STATION   FOR IPAD APP
DJI GO APP
NM ASSISTANT APP
WM ASSISTANT APP
DJI ASSISTANT APP
2015-10-11
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ok,
Vision App works now on iOS 9.02
Go App works now on iOS 9.02
DJI Assistant works now on iOS 9.02

NM ASSISTANT APP fails
WM ASSISTANT APP Fails

Tested with iPad air 2 iOS 9.02

LightBridge (first Generation) not suported by Go App ; DJI has already promised an iOS supporting for a long time. I'll take this opportunity to return the unit to the dealer against the purchase price refund! And take a LightBridge 2.
2015-10-11
Use props
ddvideo
lvl.1

Australia

EL SID Posted at 2015-10-9 12:31

Depends on your shots I guess .. a wide angle lens would be nice.
2015-10-13
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

what do you get in the box for the osmo?   besides a extra battery,  I am trying to figure if I need to get the charger and the phone holder too.
2015-10-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

The charger and phone holder come in the box.
2015-10-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

2015-10-16
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.3

Philippines

Nice! Can't wait to get mine!
2015-10-17
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Hi Autumn.....it's a really great product. i'm trying to understand something...if I buy the stick only..can I put my camera from my inspire 1 on this unit?
2015-10-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules