Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO - buy without camera?
12Next >
17600 48 2015-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nooky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86106 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have read here in an review, that the DJI OSMO Gimbal will also work with the DJI Inspire X3 and X5 camera:

DJI OSMO Handheld Gimbal

Because I already own an Inspire 1 with an X3 camera, it does not make sense for me to buy a whole DJI OSMO with a second X3 camera..

So how / where can I buy the handheld alone? Within the DJI Shop, there is currently only the possibility to buy it as complete set with camera which makes no sense in my case..

Any Idea? And what is the proce if the handheld without gimbal and camera?

regards
2015-10-8
Use props
samdavis
lvl.1

United States

I am also interested in the answer to this question
2015-10-8
Use props
AllanVB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Well I took the plunge and ordered.  Anyone out there want to buy an X3.  Let me know.  Priced to sell fast.
2015-10-8
Use props
darmino
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615230 ft
United States

AllanVB Posted at 2015-10-8 11:55
Well I took the plunge and ordered.  Anyone out there want to buy an X3.  Let me know.  Priced to se ...

That is exactly what DJI wanted you to do. Behavior like that will insure they will hold off selling the OSMO grip without the camera, if ever.  How many times do you need to be hit before you duck?
2015-10-8
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

AllanVB Posted at 2015-10-9 05:55
Well I took the plunge and ordered.  Anyone out there want to buy an X3.  Let me know.  Priced to se ...

Congrats!  Makes sense.  If you need it now then jump in.   Eventually I'm sure it will be available on its own but you'll be months ahead of the game!

Enjoy!
2015-10-8
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

darmino Posted at 2015-10-9 06:06
That is exactly what DJI wanted you to do. Behavior like that will insure they will hold off selli ...

No need to be rude, we all know the initial release is a cash grab if we buy we do so with our eyes open.  

There are those that need it right now and if he can sell the X3 for $350 I'd say he's doing great.
2015-10-8
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

I would hold off on getting rid of your inspire x3 until you get and try out the new one. According to the FAQ tab, the x3 that comes with this is not the same. I would make sure the 2 are interchangeable first. Might be why  they are not offering a unit without a camera right now.
2015-10-8
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

This is straight from the FAQ.....

What’s the difference between Osmo’s camera and Inspire 1’s camera?

The mechanical structure of the Osmo camera is redesigned for hand held use. The 3-axis gimbal can be flattened and locked, and the orientation of the tilt motor has been changed. There are many small changes inside the camera and gimbal as well.
2015-10-8
Use props
darmino
lvl.2
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-10-8 12:21
No need to be rude, we all know the initial release is a cash grab if we buy we do so with our eyes ...

Why are the facts rude?  You admit the initial release is a cash grab.  I have been waiting for this product for almost a year and now I have to wait for an undetermined amount of time or buy an extra camera which I don't need, and yes I am mad. I don't believe in rewarding bad behavior.  Is the small amount of revenue generated by the few people who are willing to buy an extra camera worth disappointing the entire Inspire community again.  Jim I really enjoy your videos and I know you are a big fan of DJI, but fair is fair, be on the side of fair.
2015-10-8
Use props
chris
lvl.2

United States

Following!  I too would love to purchase the X5 and Osmo, but won't do it separately as then I end up with two x3's (one I currently have on Inspire and one that would come with the Osmo) and an X5.  That is two more cameras than I will need as I see the X5 will become the only camera used.
2015-10-8
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Delaying the release of the non-camera version doesn't make much sense to me, other than trying to get people to buy a second X3... The people who will buy the one with the camera likely don't have an Inspire 1 right now and the ones who will buy it without the camera likely have an Inspire 1 (or at least an X3) already...

Possibly one other reason is to avoid losing out to people who have Inspire 1s that upgraded to the X5 and are now selling the X3 cheap? But then this will be defeated by the people (as above) who buy it then immediately sell the X3 because they already had the Inspire 1...

I hope they release a non-camera version. Otherwise, I can't justify the extra cost to get a second camera with it.
2015-10-8
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-8
Use props
darmino
lvl.2
United States

Skyrider Posted at 2015-10-8 13:00
I believe the "OSMO" is priced with out the X3 camera.  If you look at B&H camera web site, they do  ...

It comes with the camera, If you don't already have a camera it's a great deal.
2015-10-8
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I ordered the upgrade mount plate for the X5 camera already and await delivery. Now, I just order the Osmo w/ X5 camera and I have an upgraded Inspire 1 and the handheld gimbal.
I have two X3 cameras that I will sell off now. Simple.
2015-10-8
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Osmo has a camera that has a set focus at 3.3 ft and the inspire camera is set to infinity focus so you may not want to use the osmo camera on the inspire
2015-10-8
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 14:35
Ooooh... That's interesting...

Please cite your source.

2015-10-8
Use props
llbr22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253087 ft
  • >>>
United States

" If you already own an Inspire 1 with an X3 camera (or new X5 Pro and Raw), you can buy the Osmo handle separately and mount the camera right on. There’s no price yet on the handle by itself."

I do hope that is true. But frankly the gig's that I've had where I've shot both Aerial and ground would have benefited best (and most time efficiently) if I actually had the second camera ready to go. I'm torn whether to buy now or wait for the OSMO w/o camera.
2015-10-8
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really hope they offer it without the camera, and I hope they do it soon
2015-10-8
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

Here is the only thing that kind of gets to me, DJI had been marketing this as an accessory for your Inspire 1 camera (the white version they had been showing in trade shows).

Then they surprised me when they suddenly released this version with the camera included but no option (yet) to buy without the camera.  I just cannot fathom why they would wait to make the handle only version available to their already loyal customers who bought Inspire 1's and were eagerly awaiting this to come out.

Maybe they have a good reason, not sure....they never have been very good at communicating with their customers in my opinion.
2015-10-8
Use props
drick1804
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6371 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-10-9 07:55
I really hope they offer it without the camera, and I hope they do it soon

From a marketing and sales point of view, I seriously doubt it will be sold anytime soon.  
2015-10-8
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

darmino Posted at 2015-10-9 06:48
Why are the facts rude?  You admit the initial release is a cash grab.  I have been waiting for thi ...

It was rude to treat AllanVB like an idiot when he just wanted to share the joy of ordering the new toy.  I'm sure he knew the facts like the rest of us and made an informed decision.   

If you're mad at DJI then direct your post at DJI.

" How many times do you need to be hit before you duck?"
2015-10-8
Use props
ERODZ
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

AllanVB Posted at 2015-10-8 14:55

$175 paid immediately for your Black OSMO X3...
2015-10-8
Use props
likefly
New

China

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-10-8
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

I could not help myself.... i order'ed  it 12 hours ago... along with the X5 its been a expensive few weeks... but what hell its only money... and.. putting the X5 with OZMO is exciting ...
2015-10-9
Use props
stubbsnick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4847927 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just spoke with a very nice lady at DJI...

"Chat started

Nick Stubbs
Hi DJI!

Love, love, love the new Osmo but I have a question for you. I am currently writing a blog entry for this for www.all-things-photography.com and need to know something.

I own the DJI Inspire 1 and have ordered the X5 for it meaning I will have two compatible cameras already.

PLEASE tell me I can buy this cheaper without the camera because I certainly don't need a third camera. This could be a deal-breaker for many existing Inspire owners.

Hoping for a positive reply and keep up the good work, amazing product!

Thanks,

Nick
Freefly Multimedia Ltd
All Things Photography

Jewel joined the chat

Jewel
Hi, welcome to DJI online store. How can we help you today?

Nick Stubbs
Hi, did you read my message above? I own the DJI Inspire 1 with X3 camera and have also ordered the X5 from you...can I buy the Osmo without camera because I absolutely do not need a third camera...many thanks.

Jewel
I am so sorry that Osmo without camera is not for sale yet.
We have no idea when it will be, either.
Please kindly stay tuned.
Your email will be added to our notification list as well.
Once it is available, we will email you in the shortest time.

Nick Stubbs
Many thanks, I think many people will think the same as me so I will write this in my blog for now but change it hopefully when the Osmo is available as a stand-alone. Thanks for your help and have a great day!

Jewel
You are welcome.

Have a great day.

I will push my coworker to release just osmo base soon.

Nick Stubbs

Jewel
My pleasure."
2015-10-9
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is where I read about the 3.3ft focus
http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/dji-osmo/
2015-10-9
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

Is this possibly a marketing tool to get photography buffs  interested in purchasing an Inspire 1?
2015-10-9
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

So flipping most of this discussion on it's head, here is my question;

Since I have an Inspire, is the camera that comes with the Osmo an upgrade to, and compatible with, the original Inspire camera and gimbal? If so, this seems like a good deal as is.

DJI?
2015-10-9
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have read that it is not usable on the Inspire but the Inspire camera is usable on the hand grip, don't know how true this is. The 120fps is a great addition for me
2015-10-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

david.spencer@b Posted at 2015-10-9 05:41
I have read that it is not usable on the Inspire but the Inspire camera is usable on the hand grip,  ...

The OSMO camera is not compatible with the Inspire.  The Inspire X3 is compatible with the OSMO with firmware upgrade.
2015-10-9
Use props
Phenomenon
lvl.2

United States

ok..so can you buy OSMO with X5 camera instead....?
2015-10-9
Use props
agamon
lvl.1

Ukraine

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-9 17:30
The OSMO camera is not compatible with the Inspire.  The Inspire X3 is compatible with the OSMO wi ...

And after that update will the X3 still compatible with Inspire?
2015-10-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

agamon Posted at 2015-10-9 12:39
And after that update will the X3 still compatible with Inspire?

Yes it will.
2015-10-9
Use props
nomad-image.liv
lvl.1

United States

In a recent chat with DJI pre-sales support this interesting fact came about. The Osmo mounted X3 will not work not the inspire 1. Can someone confirm this? Just purchased the Inspire pro and thought this would be a good fit for when I do not want to fly the X5

Jay
Just want to know why the Cosmo camera will not work on the inspire?

Evangeline
The camera comes  with osmo is aimed at shooting ground,and there is  gimbal lock for osmo camera,which make it incompatible with inspire 1.

jay
It will not mount to the inspire even if it were kept in the unlock position?

Evangeline
Yes.

jay
ok ,thank you for your time! Have a wonderful day!
2015-10-10
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

AllanVB Posted at 2015-10-8 11:55

You may want to keep it as a back up.
2015-10-12
Use props
Danube
New

Indonesia

AllanVB Posted at 2015-10-9 02:55

Hi AllanVB

I'm interested as I have X3 Camera under warranty repair and it's taking toooo long and  today I'm informed there will be a fee . .

How can I message you? Whereabouts are you ?
2015-10-13
Use props
Danube
New

Indonesia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-10 03:47
Yes it will.

Are you able to confirm that (once available) the X5 that is packaged with the OSMO will be compatible with the Inspire 1 ?
2015-10-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Danube Posted at 2015-10-13 06:07
Are you able to confirm that (once available) the X5 that is packaged with the OSMO will be compat ...

That is what the Project Manager told me.  If you are mounting on a Inspire 1, non-Pro, you will need the the X5 mounting plate, a $99 part.
2015-10-13
Use props
wingo
New

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-10-13
Use props
jlanderscratch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 989242 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-10-8 15:35
I ordered the upgrade mount plate for the X5 camera already and await delivery. Now, I just order th ...

I would be interested in purchasing one of you x3's  Please PM me.  Thanks.
2015-10-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules