100w charger only for pro?
2077 14 2015-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jellies
New

Australia

Is the 100w charger that comes with the Pro also ok for charging the battery that comes with the P3 Standard?(I guess - are the batteries the same between the Standard and Pro)

I read the batteries have their charging circuits buried in them so the charger is just dumb, outputting voltage on what
looks like two prongs. Does that mean I can hack the plug off and use a bench power supply at the same voltage?

Second question:

Is the default free app that comes with the Standard able to do waypoints + autonomous without the thing
doing a RTH the moment it gets out of range? (edit: it has dawned on me that the "autonomous" way point following only happens within the short controller range. Boo!).edit again: so it seems if you pay for the Litchi app (android only) you can put in a GPS autonomous course? is that the only way to that right now?

thanks!

2015-10-10
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

I am not sure on the first question but on your second yes
2015-10-10
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

sorry just read again - when it goes out of range it will rth - that said not everyone has a distance issue with the standard - I always have sight of the craft but I am sure if you are in an open area and you lose sight of it you will not necessarily lose signal - dont believe all he haters
2015-10-10
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

All P3 batteries are the same.

When flying a waypoint mission (using any P3), the Phantom will continue flying the mission if it loses connection with the remote controller.
2015-10-10
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-10-10 16:29
All P3 batteries are the same.

When flying a waypoint mission (using any P3), the Phantom will con ...

This is changing in the next firmware thankfully.. Will be able to chooce what happens..
2015-10-10
Use props
jellies
New

Australia

thanks, so all P3 batteries are the same therefore getting a 100 watt charger on eBay should make charging time short even for a Standard.
2015-10-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jellies Posted at 2015-10-11 08:30
thanks, so all P3 batteries are the same therefore getting a 100 watt charger on eBay should make ch ...

You might want to consider that using a charger other than a DJI one will void your warranty.
2015-10-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yes and yes for you first 2 questions
2015-10-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jellies Posted at 2015-10-10 14:30
thanks, so all P3 batteries are the same therefore getting a 100 watt charger on eBay should make ch ...

We recommend DJI charger only.
2015-10-10
Use props
jellies
New

Australia

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-11 08:45
We recommend DJI charger only.

Yes, I mean, a DJI "100 watt" charger .. they are sold separately on eBay, I think.

The thing is when you look at the description for it, it says "compatible with Pro and Advanced ONLY", but if the batteries are the same, then I don't see why that doesn't say "compatible with all DJI Phantom 3".

2015-10-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I bought a second DJI 100w charger a couple weeks ago. GLAD that I have.
With four intelligent flight batteries it's much faster, charging two at a time.
And on the rare occasion where the charger is already in use charging the radio controller battery,
I can still have one battery connected on its own charger, cutting down on my charge times significantly.

RedHotPoker
2015-10-10
Use props
jellies
New

Australia

I'm coming from 3d helis where I have octopus cables, a huge power supply (two 12v ex-server psus strapped together)
and two 1000w ichargers .. I was able to charge pretty much anything in any quantity at 5c (sub 15 minutes).

Its a bit of a culture shock to have to go back to 80 minute charge times for one small 4s cell
2015-10-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jellies Posted at 2015-10-10 17:35
Yes, I mean, a DJI "100 watt" charger .. they are sold separately on eBay, I think.

The thing is  ...

Maybe they got that verbiage before the Phantom Standard came out.
Then they never bothered to change the verbiage for the add. The Standard is a newer product than the Advanced & the Pro.
But don't worry the bats and the charger are the same. I have a Advanced and a Standard.
2015-10-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jellies Posted at 2015-10-10 18:19
I'm coming from 3d helis where I have octopus cables, a huge power supply (two 12v ex-server psus st ...

Yeah I know what you mean. But to add to that I have been flying electric for long enough to remember when we could not charge lipos fast. I remember when we did not even balance them. LOL
2015-10-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds like walking to elementary school, uphill both ways. In the snow with holes in the soles. ;-)
Old fashioned , but had to be done.

I only entered into RC world after the lights were on.

Very grateful for you pionerers and first comers to the hobby.  Who helped us get where we are today, and still progressing.
Perhaps faster in the last few years than the several decades prior.

Happy to be here now. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules