Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to change file names on memory card
1593 6 2015-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hterag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Hi all,

This may have already been asked but I couldn't find it with a search. Is there a way to change the names of the files that are saved? They're currently all DJI_000x.jpg but this causes problems as I only have the 16GB memory card it comes with and like to cut and paste the files from that to a folder on my computer. Each time I put the card back in, the new files start at DJI_0001.jpg again and that's a problem when I copy them over as I don't want to overwrite the previous ones but it's tedious to rename them all each time.

Is there a way to have a timestamp instead? For example DJI_2015-10-10_21-02-55.jpg (the current time at time of writing) or even just: DJI_20151010_0001.jpg where it increases from there, at least on different days they'd be different...

What do you do when you copy/move files?

Best regards,

Hterag
2015-10-10
Use props
Hterag
Second Officer
China

Ah, thanks for that Paul, I didn't even realise the pop-out menu there was scrollable! So many more settings to mess with!

I suppose that's better than the number resetting every time but it'd still be nice to have timestamps in the file name in case the files ever lose their created/modified date.
2015-10-10
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6570545 ft
United States

Why didn't I think of that? Thank you
2015-10-11
Use props
Hterag
Second Officer
China

I used to keep my videos/photos in different folders before but it was easier when I had 8GB max storage and would usually not fill that in a day. Even so, it's a good idea but since most of my footage right now isn't particularly useful or interesting (mostly just test flights with different settings) I wanted to just dump it all in the same folder for convenience.
2015-10-13
Use props
Salty777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

I did a search so I wouldn't have to bother you all with a new thread! I have exactly the same question as the OP.... unfortunately the answer provided by (I assume) Paul..... is missing!

I can't find anything on the app, and I'm sure I've found all the scrollable menu.... any ideas welcomed!
2016-11-30
Use props
Cat and Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 559183 ft
United States

Go into your camera settings on DJI Go app with your bird connected. Change file index mode from "reset" to "continuous". The DJI_000x will always count up and not reset to DJI_0001 every time. I THINK if you format the card it will start over again so be sure to just delete the files off your card and not reformat.
2016-11-30
Use props
Salty777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Thanks very much C&O.... I saw that bit was afraid to touch it.... it wasn't that obvious to me before, but it is now! Cheers!
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules