Vertical Lines (Fixed Pattern Noise) in X3 Camera
1018 1 2015-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmiddleton
New

United States

I was an early adopter of the P2, and finally decided to upgrade to the Inspire 1 for an upcoming project.  I received my first unit (Amazon Prime), and after spending several hours trying, unsuccessfully, to upgrade the firmware to the craft, I realized that the gimbal/camera was not communicating with the craft (when powered on, it didn't attempt to calibrate, and the upgrade wasn't successful because there was no communication between micro sd and craft).  I initiated a return with Amazon and had the replacement unit within four days (a couple of extra due to weekend).  

I've flown the I1 a few times around the house and have been impressed...until I started attempting to edit some test footage. I noticed some intermittent vertical lines when viewing on the ipad, but assumed it was just a compression issue on the saved files.  However, once I viewed it on my computer monitor, and then pulled it into Premiere Pro and rendered a test clip and the lines were present in all cases, I became concerned.  

After researching the internet, it appears that, while it's not a frequent problem, it may not be an uncommon one, either.  I'm initiating another return with Amazon Prime (they've been great), but should I be a little concerned after receiving successive defective units (fulfilled by separate vendors on Amazon)?

I guess as a new member I'm not able to add photos that show the FPN?
2015-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules