Car charging...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
countrysidegard
lvl.2

United States

Hello fellow Phantom flyers! So I'm looking for a mobile charging option and am a firm believer in "you get what u pay for", and certified, proper equipment. From my research thus far, my understanding that us p3p owners best option is pure sine wave inverter. I've owned enough items that run on LiPos to know I want to stay clear of knock off chargers.
  So couple questions for the electrician inclined pls.
  Would a 300w (600peak) pure sine wave such as this one be sufficient to charge my two batt's one right after another off my truck?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F4TBW6S/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1444510668&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=pure+sine+wave+300&dpPl=1&dpID=512utQGHGSL&ref=plSrch
Also what's the max wattage one might be able to pull from a cigarette power outlet. Standard pickup, optima battery.
Also would the optima gel battery have any negative effects towards this setup? Thanks in adv.
happy flyin.     Countryside Gardens
2015-10-10
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can waste your money however you want to... just remember, all you need to do is provide the battery 17.5 volts.  The battery does all of the charging itself from the circuitry inside of it.  Those $15 "chargers" sold on ebay/amazon work just fine and are much more efficient than using an inverter.
2015-10-10
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

dji.blitzk Posted at 2015-10-11 11:39
You can waste your money however you want to... just remember, all you need to do is provide the bat ...

I second that going the pure sine wave option is a waste of money as your plugging in a regulated power supply you don't need a pure sine wave a standard inverter will do just fine ....or get a 15$ ebay charger and save some dollars
2015-10-10
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Amazon has a car charger specific for our P3! Looking at getting it. Search P3 car charger on Amazon.
2015-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules