Bird Lost, Presumed Crashed - Picacho Peak, Arizona
1485 4 2015-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

I lost signal on my Inspire while flying at Picacho Peak on Monday morning. Signal never returned and bird never did a return to home. I think birds MAY have attacked it. I saw three or for them hovering near where my drone was. But who knows.

At any rate, I was only visiting Arizona and had to fly back to California today. So I had very little time to look for my downed drone. I left my info with the ranger. I don't even care about the bird so much since it's probably wrecked and I can't afford to keep this hobby up. But I would love to have the memory card returned. I didn't get much footage of Picacho Peak (BEAUTIFUL BTW), but I did get some footage at Superstition Mountain the previous day that would be great to get back.

If there are any Arizona drone enthusiasts out there willing to take a hike and go looking for my crashed Inspire it would be amazingly appreciated. Including a Google Maps image of the area. My DJI app showed the pinned area as the last known location of the drone, but I have no idea if it drifted or anything after I lost signal.

If found, please contact me at jakeleen77@yahoo.com

Thank you!
image.png
2015-10-12
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Might be helpful to pull your last flight from your tablet, run it through healthy drones or similar to extract the GPS coordinates.  While I'm on east coast, I'm sure one of these other fine members on the board will take-up the challenge of locating.  The more accurate their starting data the better.

Good luck and sorry for losing your I1.
2015-10-13
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

That's a good suggestion, General. I'll see if I can that info tonight.
2015-10-13
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

The link below is obviously not MY footage, but from about 4:19-4:34 is the same shot I was doing when I lost contact with my Inspire.   

2015-10-13
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-10-13 05:23
Might be helpful to pull your last flight from your tablet, run it through healthy drones or similar ...

I did try Healthy Drones, but couldn't figure out how to pull the specific GPS coordinates for it's last known location. I got a hybrid map screen grab from the app though...

Last Known Location at Picacho Peak

Last Known Location at Picacho Peak
2015-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules