Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Accidently turned off video
1375 15 2015-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lzielen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34393 ft
United States

I just returned from a location that was over a 60 minute drive away to find that my video recording stopped within the first minute of the flight.  I must have accidently touched the video button on the remote.  I know I did not touch the DJI GO on screen button.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Even without this mistake, I had thought that there should be a more pronounced indication of video stopping or starting on the screen other than the subtle change in the shape of the video button.  Perhaps a bried display in large letters overlayed on the screen "Video starting"/"Video stopping" or some similar wording. Optional customization of this display may also be desireable such as size of font and number of seconds that the status change is displayed, with zero duraton indicatng that the video recording status change display is not shown.

Anyone else think this would be a helpful enhancement?

Unfortunately, once I am flying, I do not usually look back at the video button to verify that recording is in progress.  After today's misfortune, I will probably be more diligent in checking.  However, a more prominent display of video recording status would be helpful.  I know that there is a time counter for the video but the font is very small and not easy to see unless one is looking for it.
2015-10-12
Use props
alirz1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Yes this has happened to me several times. In my case its not even touching any button accidentally to stop the video. I have another thread opened for this to dicuss if anyone else has seen this. To me theres some bug with the app, or the the video recording on the phantom itself.
Last month i was in mexico with the phantom for the first time. My first flight ever there, suffered the same problem as you. When i got back, i realized that all those nice shots i had tried to take, none of that was recorded!!!
Now i specifically pay attention, every minute or so, to the DJI go app to make sure the video is being recorded.
2015-10-12
Use props
ag0n
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

There is also an audible alarm when starting and stopping recording or taking a still.
2015-10-12
Use props
lzielen
lvl.3
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-10-12 21:11
There is also an audible alarm when starting and stopping recording or taking a still.

Thanks ag0n.  Apparently my volume was set too low to hear the audible notification of the video recording stop/start.  That should help.  I think it still may be an improvement if a more visible on screen message display was available when a video starts/stops.
2015-10-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

oh.. I'm sorry for your video, that's a good suggestion, more prominent display of video recording status for real would be very useful. I'll pass this idea to R&D
2015-10-12
Use props
lzielen
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-12 22:18
oh.. I'm sorry for your video, that's a good suggestion, more prominent display of video recording s ...

Thank you DJI-Tim.
2015-10-12
Use props
lzielen
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-12 22:18
oh.. I'm sorry for your video, that's a good suggestion, more prominent display of video recording s ...

Since we currently receive an audible signal when video recording starts or stops and our attention is usually on the aircraft, perhaps the audible signal can be changed to a spoken "Video starting"/"Video stopping" status like the "Home point recorded" announcement.
2015-10-13
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

lzielen Posted at 2015-10-13 09:36
Thanks ag0n.  Apparently my volume was set too low to hear the audible notification of the video r ...

There is a little thing on the right hand side that counts the minuites that are being recorded. I always look at that to make sure that I am recording.

-Dog
2015-10-13
Use props
Bobcat90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-13 10:18

Thanks, Tim -- having such a feature would be helpful to so many of us.
2015-10-13
Use props
richardmartin
lvl.1

United States

I know the feeling, was flying a couple days ago and what I thought were pictures being taken turned out to be short video clips!  
2015-10-14
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

Maybe if it was as loud as the sound the craft makes on power up?
2015-10-15
Use props
lzielen
lvl.3
United States

After flying this past weekend, I did it again ... but this time I noticed it.  I touched the video button and turned off the video when I was reaching for the gimbal wheel.  

Anyone else have this problem?

The sound made by the video on/off is not distinct enough to notice all the time, especially when distracted by flying.  I had requested an enhancement to display a short text message on the screen when video starts or stops and DJI-Tim agreed to pass this idea to R&D.  I would like to add a request to change the sound made when video stops/starts - preferably a spoken message such as "recording stopping"/"recording starting".
2015-10-21
Use props
lzielen
lvl.3
United States

After flying this past weekend, I did it again ... but this time I noticed it.  I touched the video button and turned off the video when I was reaching for the gimbal wheel.  

Anyone else have this problem?

The sound made by the video on/off is not distinct enough to notice all the time, especially when distracted by flying.  I had requested an enhancement to display a short text message on the screen when video starts or stops and DJI-Tim agreed to pass this idea to R&D.  I would like to add a request to change the sound made when video stops/starts - preferably a spoken message such as "recording stopping"/"recording starting".

2015-10-21
Use props
JerEl
lvl.3

Poland

lzielen Posted at 2015-10-21 21:38
After flying this past weekend, I did it again ... but this time I noticed it.  I touched the video  ...

I pretty much use the Litchi App to fly and only use the GO App to check for updates and check the sensors. The Litchi App can talk to you as often as you have it set up in menu and tells you in a clear voice what's happening including video start and stop.  You can also set the video to come on automatically  when arming the motors for takeoff  and shut the video down on motor stop.   I sometimes forgot to start the video before I had Litchi and it also cut off in flight a few times like the OP stated.  IMO Litchi is great and with the ability to plan any missions at your desk (or couch) without even being connected to the controller and the Phantom off makes it the app of choice.  Great customer service too via a Google forum.
2015-10-21
Use props
lzielen
lvl.3
United States

JerEl Posted at 2015-10-22 02:12
I pretty much use the Litchi App to fly and only use the GO App to check for updates and check the ...

ThanksJerEl.  I will check out the Litchi App.
2015-10-23
Use props
lzielen
lvl.3
United States

Even now that I am aware of accidently touching the video button while adjusting the gimbal, I still sometimes stop the video while adjusting the gimbal.    The video button on the remote seems to be super sensitive to touch since I do not press it.  Usually, my finger just brushes up against it.

Since I always start and stop video using the on screen button in the DJI Go App,  I would like the ability to disable the remote's video button to eliminate the problem of accidentally touching it
2015-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules