1175 3 2015-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnb2713
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138136 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I purchased an Inspire 1, dual controller about 3 months ago, I had it delivered to where I was staying namely the RC Hotel in Corfu.

I flew the inspire without any major issues apart from occasional loss of video feed to the handsets. It wasn't at any set time, just randomly occurred, often when fairly close in, never seemed to be an issue at distance. I only got the opportunity to fly it for about 4 days before returning work.

I returned to Corfu at the weekend to fly my Inspire and then to bring it home to the UK. The apps on my ipads had updated but I was going to leave the Inspire and controllers until I returned to the UK. after charging the batteries (I left them at 65%) I powered everything up to get messages 'weak signal', 'interference' etc. A resident expert on inspires said I should rebind, tried that and all was lost, no bind. I tried the slave controller set as a master and again, it wouldn't bind.

In desperation I downloaded the latest firmware and upgraded the inspire which went as it should, I tried the controllers but they were already updated. On powering up and running the bind procedure it all worked. I went off and flew and it seemed ok. I did get a couple of messages of interference which I hadn't had previously.

Back in the UK again I have had interference messages when flying at home, I spoke to tech support and they suggested flying away from housing etc. I went to local field and no longer got any interference messages BUT I did suffer twice the video dropping with the inspire about 10 metres in front and 5 metres up. When it goes I just get the no signal message on the display and it never comes back. The only way to get it back is to land, power down and restart. If the video stays on I can go any distance without issue, no breaking up, everything is fine.

Am I correct in thinking 2.4 GHz is used for control, 5.8 GHz for video?

Any ideas or suggestions on this?

Kind Regards - John
2015-10-14
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

John,
That sounds like a software bug to me.  I say that, because you employ the age old CPU fix of rebooting and everything is fine.  I'm guessing that you have done everything correctly as far as the firmware upgrade(s) and the problem is in the controller or bird or both when it comes to interpreting the program's codes.  The other issue could be antenna orientation, but I kind of doubt that.  There is an informative post on this forum about antenna orientation.  Regarding your problem, I think you should consider sending the system back to DJI for evaluation.  I wish I could give you better advice.
2015-10-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Use another app not DJI GO and have a look if the interference is still there.

You got probably infected by somekind of sending power or channel use limitations. However this should be researched as it could be caused by firmware, software or settings or a combination of them.

I am also 100% sure there exist different versions of the Inspire1 as well as the remote controls or its just very big production fluctuations.

2015-10-14
Use props
johnb2713
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138136 ft
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-14 17:12
Use another app not DJI GO and have a look if the interference is still there.

You got probably inf ...

I sent it back to Heliguy, they replaced the controller board and all is now good.

J
2015-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules