Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
More bad drone news
1296 4 2015-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
astrostar
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not sure if anyone has seen this...

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com ... 7106e2138-418492057

something we can all do without. Before long we won't be able to fly without someone in authority expecting us to pass numerous exams, pass a medical etc. etc.
2015-10-14
Use props
pi-inthesky
First Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Now theres an eye opener.These kind of activities are only going to lead to the inevitable move by the authorities to require registration at purchase point and if this doesn't work be prepared for some type of competency test.The majority will suffer for these irresponsible actions by what I believe to be the minority of flyers   
2015-10-14
Use props
jrm11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

Registration and licensing is definitely where this is all headed. It has nothing to do with safety. It is all about collection fees. The bigger the drone market gets, the more the government wants a piece of the pie.

They will start with restrictions and complete bans. Then, they will propose "fees" for permits and registrations. The fees will look good to most, since they will now "allow" what was a previously (or potentially) banned activity.
2015-10-14
Use props
astrostar
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jrm11 Posted at 2015-10-14 23:42
Registration and licensing is definitely where this is all headed. It has nothing to do with safety. ...

I think you've hit the nail on the head ! When they 'allow' us to do a previously 'banned' activity after paying a small fee we'll all feel happy at their generosity - not !
2015-10-15
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I actually anticipate that. More regulation, more fees to the Government, and news jobs for Politician's friends.
2015-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules