Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor help
919 7 2014-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesjeley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello,

My unit keeps failing forwards onto the two front motors. It digs into the ground and the blades stop spinning, what damage can be done and can I test for damage.

Just worried I have done damage

Thanks
2014-12-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

First, what mode are you in?  Are you taking off to about 5 feet quickly, or slowly?  The throttle in mode 2 (by default) is on the left.  
2014-12-18
Use props
jamesjeley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Basically when I land it falls forward onto the ground and the blades hit the ground and stop spinning. They are spinning now but I am afraid I have damaged them.

2014-12-18
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Is ground is not level.
Fit prop guards
Keep an eye on motors, spin by hand to determine if seizing.
2014-12-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

jamesjeley@me.c Posted at 2014-12-18 20:10
Basically when I land it falls forward onto the ground and the blades hit the ground and stop spinni ...

So it only falls forward when you land?  Have you recalibrated all your flight controls and also, when you touch down, do you immediately pull the power stick down to the shutoff position?
2014-12-18
Use props
jamesjeley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2014-12-18 20:14
Is ground is not level.
Fit prop guards
Keep an eye on motors, spin by hand to determine if seizing. ...

Is that the best way. i will give it a go, I was silly and didn't land on flat ground. I was doing a photo op with the local paper!

Thanks umpa
2014-12-18
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

If one gets harder to turn than the rest  (best when props are off) - its a sign of seizure.  

Will you be posting your vid ?
2014-12-18
Use props
jamesjeley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I wasn't filming at the time, my local paper wanted some shots of it in flight. I made a small website with shots of my local area and my local paper got in contact as they thought they were really good. Just finished my interview.

Heres the site if your intrested.  Website

I think the motors are ok, they are not stiff.

Thanks
2014-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules