4849 7 2015-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah yeah I know another post. I'm not gonna ask when and what's gonna be different but if they release second Inspire model End of 2015/Beginning of 2016 What would YOU Want in it, any changes? Be reasonable:

I would to see:
-Lightbridge 2 for 1080P Streaming
-Second camera in front for FPV flight, it can be low resolutio I don't care, as long as it doesn't blur and does well in dark.
-X5 Compatibility or version of it that will fit the Inspire 2
-A little larger/longer battery bracket to fit battery reaching 6000-6500mAh or whatever is enough to compensate for the heavier Zenmuse X5 and so it flies 20~ Mins with it.
-Interchangeable leg tips like Inspire Pro has so we can replace them once they scratch and wear off as I understand putting spongy things on the bottom of the legs is a no-no
-A STURDY propeller locking system, maybe even folding props like on Spreading wings. I see that Inspire Pro has new one, that's 3rd one, seriously DJI I value the aircraft more than the extra 2-3 Minutes it would take me to install the propellers each time I fly.
-Better case, seriously even foam would be better than the styro that chips off more and more every time I put the drone in.

And off to some silly ideas:
-Oculus rift compatibility for FPV but also controlling the camera in smooth movement without the need of 2nd pilot (Already shown in Matrice 100 as working prototype)

2015-10-14
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

It would be enough to waive all the additional limits newly implemented into the Inspire firmware like channel cut, speed cut, alt cut, Orbit range cut, too large geofences, ......

I always wonder what sense an Inspire2 would make when its firmware will restrict it much more then a Inspire1 run with 1.04 fw without infected updates. Not sure if Inspire2 will probably even already include a government control chip.

Sure is there will be no bigger batteries as DJI does not have the balls to ship them but they could allow it to carry 2 batteries and make a hexacopter.

I guess obstacle avoidance device will be the only real advantage of the Inspire2, but its questionable at what speed it will work and if it really can avoid crashes in trees at 15 m/s.
2015-10-15
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

If they do come out with a new Inspire then they
Ought to allow us to update the ones we have if
We wish with parts if possible.
2015-10-17
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

They know how to market there product and NOT all at once.
2015-10-17
Use props
wstewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4380 ft
  • >>>
United States

RE: DJI Inspire 1 Waypoints

Any update or news on inspire 1 app having "tap and go" type waypoints like in ground station?
I really do not like the current waypoint function in DJI GO.  Someone may have use for it, but I cannot see the benefit of setting the waypoints by actually navigating to the location and then storing the waypoint and then navigating the waypoints again automatically.

Other than this the current app is very nice and clearly offers more functionality than ground station.

Hopefully, we will receive a software and firmware update to add "tap and go" waypoint function in the near future.

2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

wstewart@stewar Posted at 2016-1-17 23:24
Any update or news on inspire 1 app having "tap and go" type waypoints like in ground station?
I re ...

"Tap and go" way-points are not available  right now, however there are some 3rd party software that can do it
2016-1-17
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

wstewart@stewar Posted at 2016-1-17 06:24
I re ...

I reccomend an app called Autopilot Flight Logic.....
With this you can tap to input a waypoint .....trace a line with you're finger to create a string of waypoints  or manually input the lat and long of a target waypoint.....
You can also pre adjust the focus for each Leg of the flight.  
It includes Orbit, Zip line, Focus, Target, Cruise, And a ton of other Options.

There is also a APP called Litchi but in my opinion it pales in comparison to the advanced features of Auto Pilot

I have been very disappointed in the onboard features, included in the GO APP,  in fact besides the actually aircraft and basic camera functions I stay away from anything software related coming from DJI and this includes updates.
2016-1-17
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I'd like an Inspire 2 that was designed and delivered by engineers with a love of technology and aviation - NOT with the dictatorship and total control of marketing drones.
I'd like it to actually be able to do what it is advertised as being capable of and not have to wait for features that are 'Coming soon' only to have crap implementation, functionality and zero documentation.
I'd even like it to remain capable of performing as delivered without instability and reduced performance being implemented via firmware 'Updates'.

Or is that asking too much?
2016-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules