Ronin-M drifting to the right. (Stock Firmware)
868 5 2015-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

I haven't had the chance to use this gimbal since I purchased it new last month.

I have a Canon 70D perfectly balanced on the gimbal and when I leave it on the stand and turn it on, it slowly starts to drift to the right very slowly. After a few mins, it points the camera 45 degrees from where it started.

I am deathly affraid of upgrading the firmware to solve this issue because I know DJI will leave me with a brick if something does wrong. Their support is not just terrible, its non-existant.

I started this thread hoping I could get help from another owner with more exprience.
2015-10-14
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Pls upgrade your ronin-m to the latest firmware, after the upgrade, click on "Default" and do "Calibrate System"
2015-10-19
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-10-19 07:14
Pls upgrade your ronin-m to the latest firmware, after the upgrade, click on "Default" and do "Calib ...

Yeah right.

When I upgrade the firmware, and the ronin is dead, I am afraid I won't get support and be left with a brick.

I've read way too many stories of bad DJI support and customers being left in the dark.
2015-10-19
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

dansouliere@me. Posted at 2015-10-20 00:07
Yeah right.

When I upgrade the firmware, and the ronin is dead, I am afraid I won't get support  ...

Did you download ronin-m assistant software v2.0 to upgrade the FM? Any error poped up during the upgrade?
2015-10-19
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

Against my better judgement, I decided to upgrade the stock firmware to v1.4 because the drift was so bad.

The result?

Your latest firmware made my ronin-m completely unusable and my worst nightmare is now a reality. To be honest, I completely expected this to happen.

2015-10-23
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.2
Canada

I dodged a bullet...

I ended up solving the problem by reseting my settings back to default and doing a new auto-tune and calibration.

I vow to never connect the DJI Assistant to my Ronin ever again. lol
2015-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules