Great app to unleash the power of your P2V+ or P2V
1785 13 2015-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

GROUP: I have been using the Litchi app for over 5 months now with my P2V+ (V2) and am blown away how far it has come. Not familiar with the Litchi app? It is available for the P3A, P3P and I1 as well as the P2V and P2V+. To see what features are available for the various copters I mentioned check out the tabs on the Litchi websites "Help" section. Here is the link: http://www.flylitchi.com/help The developer (Vctech Plus) has done an amazing job in a relatively short time. If you have any questions join the Litchi app forum. Not only are other users there to assist you the developer is hands on and quick to respond to inquiries. To join the Litchi app forum go to his website, here is the address: http://www.flylitchi.com Once there scroll down to the "Discussion / Become part of the community by joining our forums" link.

Special thanks to DJI for making the SDK (Software Development Kit) files available to developers such as Vctech Plus. He did not take the ball and run with it, he kicked it out of the park! I was going to sell my P2V+ (V2) due to lack of capabilities. At this point no way, I am having to much fun with it BETA testing the latest releases of the Litchi app. It simply keeps getting better and better!

At the moment the Litchi app is only available for Android. Reason being Vctech Plus does not have time to simultaneously work on the Android version and an iOS version at the same time.
2015-10-15
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Nice note Joe. I'm sure the Litchi guys will feel the same. For those reading Joe's post, IMO Litchi is the best app available for your Phantoms. If the Litchi guys can't do it, it ain't getting done. I've got no affiliation with them at all. Like Joe, I just use the heck out of their product with my P2V+v3 and my P3Pro.

Jerry
2015-10-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I second the motion. Have been using their app for many many months and everything works fine. I use the Ground Station flying waypoints all the time. Works great and I like all the available options.
2015-10-15
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

Regarding waypoint flight.
When one uses the function. How much can you control?
Suppose that you can control the camera up and down.
But can you spin the drone while it flies to its target?

iam using Phantom 2V+ V3
2015-10-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

No you can't control the yaw going to the waypoint so you have to plan the waypoints to have thenqua flying in the direction to get the shot. Sometimes have to double back to get the right angle then when editing the video you cut some and change it around to produce the effect you need. You can control the height. The turns, the stay time at each waypoint. It's a challenge and make you really thing about the flying and way point to get the shot you want.Some times have to do it a coincidence ole of time to get the needed view or angle. Dropping from 200 ft to 50 ft in a short distance can give some good effects. Takes practice and brain power to pull it off the way you want. But it's lots of fun when you achieve the result your looking for. Way point flying is a cheek tightener too. Planning the flight and then waiting to hear the buz knowing she came back.  Practice a few short flights before you do the three to five mile runs. You want to calculate wind speed distance and battery time for sure. Especially if your using a app like litchi that doesn't have distance restrictions. The very first key is safe flying. My GS flying is mostly over woods and rivers. Enjoy!
2015-10-16
Use props
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

jonnybgood.olss Posted at 2015-10-16 08:15
Regarding waypoint flight.
When one uses the function. How much can you control?
Suppose that you ca ...

jonnybgood.olss as Roy said in his comment when it comes to the P2V+ and the P2V you cannot control yaw during a waypoint / GS mission. You can however control camera tilt. When it comes to the P3A, P3P and Inspire 1 there are additional options in flying GS missions. Reason being there is only so much that can be done with DJI's SDK (Software Development Kit) files when it comes to the P2V+ and the P2V.

Here is a video of my early initial tests using GS: During the test I pushed my stock P2V+ V2 out 1,500 feet at 150 feet in altitude. I experienced zero lag and no FPV drop outs using my Nexus 7 tablet. Additionally I used the banked turn feature within the Litchi app. Considering it was an early test I was only cruising along at 6 mph. In the video if you jump ahead to the 6:10 mark you will see some Orbit mode action as my wife walks out onto the field. After that I just carry on flying in ATTI mode. On my Youtube channel I have a few other videos showing Orbit mode, and Follow Me mode being tested using my P2V+ V2. Overall the app is simply amazing and keeps getting better and better!
2015-10-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I need to try this app.
Sounds good guys.
2015-10-16
Use props
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-16 21:49
I need to try this app.
Sounds good guys.

DJI-Dave it is an incredible app! I was thinking about selling my P2V+ due to lack of capabilites at this point no way, I am keeping as a backup with loads of new features thanks to the Litchi app. To follow is a video of one of my first Orbit mode tests, in previous versions of the app it was called POI (Point Of Interest). As I mentioned in one of my earlier comments kudos to DJI for making their SDK files available for developers. I am totally amazed by this app. I am not affiliated with the developer in anyway other than being a BETA tester. There are even more cool features coming our way!

During my initial Orbit mode test I was off my center mark. I was also toying with the camera tilt to see how it would effect framing up the shot. Considering the video to follow was shot with a P2V+ V2 I have to say it is certainly a cool feature. In the video my wife is actually riding a bicycle around in the oval being circled in Orbit mode. Here is the video: By the way you can save GS and Orbit mode missions. This is fantastic because you can tweak saved missions at home and then save them. There is even an online Mission Editor that allows you to modify your GS missions using a computer.

To get a better ideal of what features are available for the P2V+ and the P2V verses the P3A, P3P, and Inspire 1 check out the Help section on the developers website. You will see various tabs, In clicking on the tabs you will see a pulldown menu showing the features available for the different aircraft. Here is the link: http://www.flylitchi.com/help
2015-10-16
Use props
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

As far as the Auto-Take Off feature within the Litchi is concerned it works flawlessly with the P2V+. To follow is a video where I was experiencing 10 to 15 mph gusts near ground level. There were no issues, as expected my P2V+ V2 shot up into a hover. I switched to ATTI mode which gave control back to me immediately. I decided to switch back to GPS mode which was also instantaneous. I see no issues with this feature. Personally I prefer to take off manually. However I will be using Auto-Take Off just for kicks every now and then to show off to onlookers. I tested this feature for the benefit of the users of the Litchi app that are concerced about does it work. I had Zero Problems! By the way I fly in NAZA mode. Here is the video:
2015-10-16
Use props
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-15 17:12
Nice note Joe. I'm sure the Litchi guys will feel the same. For those reading Joe's post, IMO Litchi ...

Thanks Jerry. I posted a few of my Litchi app test flight videos in this thread today. Without a doubt the Litchi app is the way to go!
2015-10-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Thanks Joseph. That is a very good POI video and I liked your long range relaxing video. Where did you get the music? It was very relaxing. I needed that after a long day today.

2015-10-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Also good to know about the main website that tells you the differences for each aircraft.
I have 6 Phantoms and the Inspire, so it would be good to know the differences.
I am not going to get rid of my P2V+ either. It is a good machine and I need to keep it so that I can support guys that still have them.
2015-10-16
Use props
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-17 02:19
Thanks Joseph. That is a very good POI video and I liked your long range relaxing video. Where did y ...

DJI - Dave thank for the compliment. As far as the music is concerned it is a called Piano Ballad which is part of the royalty free music that comes with iMovie for MAC. The duration of the music is 1:37, I looped it several times in the above video and ended with it fading out. Within the music library unfortunately the artist is not noted. I like to use iMovie for quick edits for more involved projects I use Adobe Premiere Pro.
2015-10-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Joseph Bobowicz Posted at 2015-10-17 10:24
DJI - Dave thank for the compliment. As far as the music is concerned it is a called Piano Ballad  ...

Thanks. So I must have it already because I have iMovie.
2015-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules