DJI not honoring Warranty, are you next!
1873 17 2015-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacques
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6662490 ft
United States

RMA 1008201537358-211567    BladeStrike  or  DJI-Dave or Tahoe_Ed need your help.
Are you next... I send mine for warranty work ( crack in 4 engine mouth, and ask for replaycing rusting main screws ) the statement say no valide for warranty. No explication only a nice Bill of $2029.30. ( 30% of new one). I call and ask for explication the only thing they say was they will check but confirm that I need to send the $2029.30 to get this resolve today. I never crash, hard land, work great, I'm really happy with mine unit and wish I never did send it. I just discover those crack ( only in 1 mouth) during inspection at 350 flights but wait that the back log was clear. I have now 80h and more them 500 flight and just want to get that done. I'm really surpris what happen, I use it a lots during the day for exploring and here in Hawaii the sun and salt doesn't do well with plastic. When I discover the crack I protected them with electrical tape to make sure the salt will not get in where the antennas are. I understand that isn't a structural isue but why DJI arent honoring the warranty.
Do I'm missing something.
Please any information that will help me to get my Inspire 1 back will be greatfull.  I really need this back it's more then just ... way more for me.
Mahalo.

2015-10-15
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Hi Jacques,

So sorry to hear about your experience.   Can you give us a bit more detail?

It sounds like you're saying the hull has developed a crack and the screws are rusted from the salt water air.

I don't understand why this would require a $2000 repair and also can't see from your description why this would be a warranty repair.   If the crack were there when you bought it then wouldn't you have brought it up then?   If it's new then couldn't it be attributed to a hard landing?

Can you please elaborate on the situation as I think I'm missing part of the puzzle here.

We are all on your side and like you say, could be any of us.  Just want to understand all the facts.

All the best!

2015-10-15
Use props
Jacques
lvl.2
United States

Aloha Jim,
Sorry for the confusion. I do have 2 problems.
1-  crack are on the motor mount. ( those were discover early at 350 flight).
2- rusting screw that I wish they can change because I don’t want to enable the warranty.
I have other members that did have them replace on warranty, that why I dont understand why not me.

Mahalo
JB.jpg
2015-10-15
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

Jacques Posted at 2015-10-16 11:41
Aloha Jim,
Sorry for the confusion. I do have 2 problems.
1-  crack are on the motor mount. ( those  ...

Thanks for the clarification.   

So are you saying the cracks and rust were there from the start, or should be considered a manufacturing fault?  

I'm also surprised that DJI would ask for $2,000 to fix it.   I could understand maybe $200 but how much are they saying needs to be replaced?  
2015-10-15
Use props
Jacques
lvl.2
United States

Aloha,
No, the rust are from flying in Hawaii with the salt and that is my fault and don't believe is should be warranty but maybe they can bill me for replacement of the screws. But $2000 for replacement of the screw isn't a option to me. The cracks should be warranty. Maybe the sun and vibration make this cracks I'm not sure but lots more Inspire 1 will have this problem when they will reach 80 hours like mine. That why I say maybe your next. The problem is no explication just a bill ....they say nothing they ignore me and I don't what to do... after all those story in the forum about waiting for months... if you don't pay up ... and if I ask to send back they will say that it was my fault and warranty will not be granted anymore... not sure what to do ... Thank you for  listening and sorry for been so vague. Mahalo
2015-10-15
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

Jacques Posted at 2015-10-16 13:02
Aloha,
No, the rust are from flying in Hawaii with the salt and that is my fault and don't believe i ...

Very strange Jacques, that $2000 bill doesn't make a lot of sense!

Best of luck on your journey my friend and I hope it all works out in your favor.   

2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

OK I just found this thread. Sorry I did not see it earlier.
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I will see what I can do for you.
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Alright, let me check your RMA number and see why you got this bill...
2015-10-15
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,  I live in Hawaii to, and EVERYTHING here rusts.  My inspire 1 has rusty screw heads as well and I too have developed cracks in the Same area around the motor mounts, bit it is all really just cosmetic.  There is nothing wrong with your craft and it isn't anything that should be covered by warranty.  These are tools not museum pieces.  
2015-10-15
Use props
Jacques
lvl.2
United States

Aloha, Yes in Hawaii all rust... the problem is that if you don't cover those crack the salt will get inside the leg and will damage the antennas. Is that ok for you pinpointmapping that ok for me but I can't afford a new inspire 1 like you probably can. The rust can be a problem long run with screw that move pivot... But again tools in good shape work better. After 7 month is concerning that I do have this problem and like I say I hope to flight my Inspire 1 the longer if possible. Thank you Dave and Tim for finding why they want me to paye $2029 for a new craft. Please remember the photo attached above was taking 2 month ago the actual crack is bigger with many more fissures. Mahalo
2015-10-16
Use props
Jacques
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-15 18:38

Aloha Dave.
Can you tell me more why I did received a bill... I'm starting to be really nervous about no resolution or no response ... I hope you can find something soon.
Mahalo
Jacques Berther

2015-10-19
Use props
Jacques
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-15 21:29
Alright, let me check your RMA number and see why you got this bill...

Aloha Tim,
Do you have some answer why they send me a bill of $2k. I
m really start to get really nervous about all this... remember my Inspire 1 work great and not understanding why... I hope I will have something soon. Thank you so much for any info you may have.
Mahalo
Jacques Berther
PS: I want to remember anyone that I'm really happy with my Inspire 1 it still work great that why I'm really surprise of this bill. I contact them and that 1 week that no reply... They say 72 hours ????
2015-10-19
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-16 06:38

Hi Dave
I'm the next....
please I sent My I1 50 days ago , today No aswer, or better , they ask me to pay 750€ to change Camera :
but I've problem with ESC system , why change camera ( I try to ask sending mail to many DJI support address), but i do not receive any answer.
and why if I1 never crash or collision , this repair is not under warranty service ( also ask this to DJI, but No aswer)
Mi I1 it's stopped by 60 day
in this time I loose 2 work for aerial video
below can you read one of my last e-mail sent to DJI support germany
this is RMA.

Invoice No.:  03141015
RMA No.:  151012ASP-IS4139

Please with this repair I had a lot of problem…
My inspire one on Aug-15 ( after about 70 hour of fly) has ESC error , and show on DJI-Pilot application this message : ESC Error contact local dealer, and after do not start motor
I sent my I1 to Hobby Hobby italia , to know what is problem , they must to sent it to DJI Germany to fix problem , because can not repair ESC module
After more than 40 days , today finally they give me some news:
Pay €687.70 Part 40 Camera Unit Repair serivce 2 ore e supporto

Spese rinvio €70,00
Total :757€
Sorry but my Inspire have not collided or other crash , why this repair is not warranty repair free of charge?
And why if my I1 show probelm with ESC we need to change Camera unit?
Can you give me more information of problem , and why not repair it’s under warranty condition?
I bought My I1 on DJI official site less than 8 month ago
I bought this beacuse my think is that it’s best choice for professional use , but now I think very different
Only for the time of this repair , I loose 2 work , beacuse I have not possibility to work
Looking forward to receive your comments, to fix problem ad retur me mi I1
Best regards

2015-10-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Jacques Posted at 2015-10-19 18:15
Aloha Dave.
Can you tell me more why I did received a bill... I'm starting to be really nervous a ...

I have forwarded your info, that is all I can do. I do not work in customer service, just forum support.
I hope they get back to you soon.

Dave
2015-10-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

lucaoms Posted at 2015-10-21 02:30
Hi Dave
I'm the next....
please I sent My I1 50 days ago , today No aswer, or better , they ask me ...

I have forwarded your info, that is all I can do. I do not work in customer service, just forum support.
I hope they get back to you soon.

Dave
2015-10-23
Use props
Jacques
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-23 15:45
I have forwarded your info, that is all I can do. I do not work in customer service, just forum su ...

Thank you all is ok and hope to have it soon back Mahalo
2015-10-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Jacques Posted at 2015-10-24 01:40
Thank you all is ok and hope to have it soon back Mahalo

Good to hear. Thank you for the update.
2015-10-26
Use props
Advanced