Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cant connect rc controller to ipad mini2
7168 27 2015-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tc_chay
lvl.2
Brunei

My I1 controller does not want to connect to my ipad mini 2.... I have updated my dji go. Any suggestion??
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

please, check: 1. Newest FW on pad 2.Newest version of DJI GO 3. Good USB cable  (try to change one)
2015-10-15
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.2
Brunei

Dji go is 2.3.... Ipad mini 2 is ios9... I try couple of cable as well. I try updating the rc controller... Cant get it to update using pendrive.
2015-10-16
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you get disconnected or no signal in the title bar?
2015-10-16
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.2
Brunei

I cant get into camera view.... Showing connect to aircraft
2015-10-16
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought the Mini 4 and I didn't have any issues with the DJI 'GO". I realize that isn't much help. Which IOS are you using in the Mini 2?
2015-10-16
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.2
Brunei

Im running the latest ios. I think the issue is my rccontroller is still the old FW. I tried updating to 1.3 but cant. Try pluging a flash drive or card reader doesnt show anything
2015-10-16
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.2
Brunei

I tried using dji pilot 1.2 on android. It does not show any conmection to the rc. However i do see the hp being charge when you plug the cable. Does this mean my usb if fried??
2015-10-17
Use props
Tanster
lvl.1

Singapore

tc_chay Posted at 2015-10-16 21:04
I cant get into camera view.... Showing connect to aircraft

I'm experiencing *EXACTLY* the same problem as tc_chay.  My Apple iPad Air2 with iOS 9.0.2 refuses to connect to my remote controller or my Inspire 1 and the LED at the rear of the Inspire 1 flashes yellow.  The version of firmware in the remote controller and Inspire 1 aren't known since the DJI GO app won't even connect.  However, the remote controller (status LED is green) seems to have no problem moving the camera on the Inspire 1 on its gimbal via the left dial (pitch) and left joystick (yaw).  Like tc_chay, my "Equipment" tab won't change to "Camera" on the DJI GO app as the "How to Connect" button claims it should after I connect the iPad Air2 to the remote controller via USB-to-Lightning cable.  I've tried multiple USB-to-Lightning cables (all Apple-certified and which have no problems being used to charge my iPad Air2) to no avail.  I've even tried using the DJI-provided USB-to-MicroUSB that normally connects to Android devices but with a MicroUSB-to-LIghtning adapter to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.  Is this issue associated with the issues of disconnection between the DJI GO app and the Inspire 1 written about in another thread (this issue seems slightly different in that it doesn't even connect in the first place, let alone disconnect randomly)?
2015-10-17
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.2
Brunei

Tanster... Exactly similar situation. I was about to purchase another RC as i suspect a faulty usb. Since im not alone, i have hold back now. Hopefully dji or someonemore experience will help out.
2015-10-17
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.2
United States

I have contacted DJI and now in progress of shipping the RC back to them. sounds like a bad usb communication.
2015-10-19
Use props
Tanster
lvl.1

Singapore

tc_chay Posted at 2015-10-20 13:45
I have contacted DJI and now in progress of shipping the RC back to them. sounds like a bad usb comm ...

Frankly, I doubt it's a broken USB port.  It takes some ingenuity to damage a USB port.
2015-10-28
Use props
Tanster
lvl.1

Singapore

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-29 19:58
It doesn't need to be damaged by force, connectors, potentiometers and switches all get mucked up  ...

Considering my iPad Air2 ONLY has issues with the DJI app after the upgrade of the app and iOS version but has zero problems with everything else such as charging from power wart or MacBook Pro, transferring data from and to the MacBook Pro, etc., I seriously doubt it's my iPad Air2 either.
2015-10-29
Use props
Tanster
lvl.1

Singapore

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-29 23:15
You could be entirely correct.

However, I also have an Air 2 which had no issues at all with anyt ...

Here's an interesting datum:  I have a second RC and it is set up as the slave/camera controller and when I connect my iPad Air2 with the same cable that I use with the 1st RC into it, I achieve instant success in contacting the DJI GO app (unlike with the 1st RC which I cannot contact at all).  However, since it's the slave and not the master, it can't do much.  If I turn off the 1st RC to make the 2nd RC the master, the 2nd RC disconnects.  So this tells me that my USB/Lightning cable and my iPad Air2 is off the hook.  And the app is definitely communicating with something on the 1st RC.  It's almost as if the 1st RC is tied to some other iPad and won't let go.  Is there a way to reset the 1st RC like a button hidden somewhere or some special secret series of control yoke twiddes or button pushes?
2015-10-31
Use props
Tanster
lvl.1

Singapore

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-29 23:15
You could be entirely correct.

However, I also have an Air 2 which had no issues at all with anyt ...

Here's an interesting datum:  I have a second RC and it is set up as the slave/camera controller and when I connect my iPad Air2 with the same cable that I use with the 1st RC into it, I achieve instant success in contacting the DJI GO app (unlike with the 1st RC which I cannot contact at all).  However, since it's the slave and not the master, it can't do much.  If I turn off the 1st RC to make the 2nd RC the master, the 2nd RC disconnects.  So this tells me that my USB/Lightning cable and my iPad Air2 is off the hook.  And the app is definitely communicating with something on the 1st RC.  It's almost as if the 1st RC is tied to some other iPad and won't let go.  Is there a way to reset the 1st RC like a button hidden somewhere or some special secret series of control yoke twiddes or button pushes?
2015-10-31
Use props
papsilva5
lvl.1

Brazil

[size=14.6667px]Anyone knows if the hdmi module for phantom3 pro/adv - Part 54 is the same hdmi/usb module of inspire 1? the usb port in the inspire 1 doesn´t works anymore, and I need to change it. I did a test changing the module of my other remote control and works with no issues, so I´m sure it´s a hardware problem. I saw the pictures of the hdmi module for phantom 3 and looks like the same
2015-11-1
Use props
Byoatalent
New

United States

Had this exact issue (with Ipad mini 2 & updated firmware &  even a second Phantom 3 Pro and still... nothing. But am able to move gimble, Light is green, Chord works (used 3 different ones to check)....

DJI, Where you at on this? cause this is the 2nd time this happened for me.  I bought the Ipad Mini 2 to fix the fact it wasn't working on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 anymore.
2015-11-7
Use props
Byoatalent
New

United States

QUICK UPDATE - Drone now works on my android (Galaxy Note 4) but not on ipad that was working perfectly fine few days ago.
2015-11-7
Use props
jasonplanzer
New

United States

i am having the same problem. i know its not my controller or cord because i can plug my phon and it works fine. any help would be appreciated.
2016-4-20
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

jasonplanzer Posted at 2016-4-20 21:14
i am having the same problem. i know its not my controller or cord because i can plug my phon and it ...

Go through I tunes on the  I-pad and re set your system.  There is some weird deal with 9.3.1 you may have to delete go app.  Delete 9.3.1 and re -install the update through I tunes and then re- install  go app.  I personally had no troubles with 9.3.1.  My system auto updates and when I uploaded the new go app it worked fine.  This is only what I  have seen posted works.  Make sure of course you have good cord.

donnie
2016-4-21
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

I didn't read all of these posts but I had the same issue once and it ended up being a bad connection between the body and the gimbal. The rubber gasket was all torn and crap so I just bought a new gasket.
2016-4-21
Use props
kevin9
New
Flight distance : 87283 ft

I reloaded the iPad 2 (full restore) and reinstalled the DJI Go App and got it to work. Fought with it all day. What a PITA!
2016-4-29
Use props
oportadiaz
New

United States

Hey guys! This is a general problem with the software and iOS devices. New cords, last update of my phantom 4, 9.3.3 last iOS update on my iPad and iPhone 6 Plus. I've tried everything and nothing works. I guess we have to wait for dji to say something about it!
image.jpeg
2016-7-25
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue a while back. Tried every piece of advice given and was unable to get a camera view. I had purchased the Ipad mini 3 as a refurb and was able to exchange it for a different one. Downloaded DJI GO to the newer  Ipad and all is well. Never could pinpoint the actual cause and as it stands now I guess I never will. Here is the link to my thread , There were tons of great replies and some really good advice:   Another Connection Issue
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

oportadiaz Posted at 2016-7-25 21:42
Hey guys! This is a general problem with the software and iOS devices. New cords, last update of my  ...

Could you please verify the firmware versions you currently have on your unit? Do you have an iPad Mini 2 like the OP or a different one? Did you ensure you "trusted" the RC? To clarify, is this your first time setting this up or did this issue occur after a firmware or software update?

Please be advised that you are posting in an Inspire thread. While they connect similarly, there is a Phantom section in order to better locate other similar threads.
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mikegrook Posted at 2016-7-25 22:44
I had the same issue a while back. Tried every piece of advice given and was unable to get a camera  ...

It's good to hear that you were able to get up and running.
2016-7-25
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.2
Brunei

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-26 05:05
Could you please verify the firmware versions you currently have on your unit? Do you have an iPad ...

mine apparently have an issue with the USB port on the RC. tried everything i could and also from the forum advice. lastly, contacted DJI and they were very helpful in helping me. Ended up sending the RC back to dji and got it back within 2 weeks. Everything works fine after that.

2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tc_chay Posted at 2016-10-6 10:59
mine apparently have an issue with the USB port on the RC. tried everything i could and also from  ...

It's great to hear you were able to get it sorted out.
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules