Z15 GH4 horizon issues
1255 11 2015-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mostey.gmail
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My horizon keeps blowing out. I have 2, on both s900 and s1000, and I can't get it to stay sraight consistantly.
Any help, thoughts, updates..

My friend also has 2 and with same problems.
PLEASE UPDATE FIRMWARE!!

2015-10-16
Use props
dino.martignoni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7142365 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Same problem! S900 A2 LB1....
PLEASE UPDATE THE SOFTWARE!!!
2015-11-28
Use props
SURESHBAABU
lvl.2
India

dino.martignoni Posted at 2015-11-29 12:56
Same problem! S900 A2 LB1....
PLEASE UPDATE THE SOFTWARE!!!

Same Problem,
Please update Firmware!
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try to do the gimbal calibration and power it on again.
2016-1-7
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-8 18:23

is there a gimbal calibration? i just got my gimbal back from repair and now the gimbal never has a level horizon.. using wkm for FC
2016-1-11
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-8 18:23

is there a gimbal calibration? i just got my gimbal back from repair and now the gimbal never has a level horizon.. using wkm for FC
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2016-1-11 19:25
is there a gimbal calibration? i just got my gimbal back from repair and now the gimbal never has  ...

GH4 has a feature of auto-calibration. As stated in the user manual P18, please flip the Mode channel switch up and down for several times when the aircraft is on a flat, level surface.
2016-1-14
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

Oh, I see that Dji has updated the manual since I downloaded it..I was looking at the old version of the manual which does not have this information on page 18, page 18 on mine is PC Assistant Tuning. the instructions are somewhat vague, I've been talking to tech support, they sent me a jpg of this part of the manual (didnt realize it was a whole new manual until now) it says                                                                                                

•                                                         Quickly flip the MODE channel switch up and down. After about three seconds, the gimbal will buzz twiceand then begin auto-calibration.

this is a fairly vague instruction as I see it, I flipped it quickly once and waited 3 seconds, nothing, i flipped it five times quickly and nothing... next time I will try and flip it quickly for 3 seconds... hopefull...

2016-1-15
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

so, tried the gimbal calibration again, flipped the gps mode switch quickly continuously for over 3 seconds and no calibration mode, I don't think it works..
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2016-1-18 19:36
so, tried the gimbal calibration again, flipped the gps mode switch quickly continuously for over 3  ...

Please try to use the latest firmware, and switch it 7-10 times quickly.
2016-2-14
Use props
charlesnlinley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46040 ft
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-15 15:02
Please try to use the latest firmware, and switch it 7-10 times quickly.

I have latest firmware on my GH4 gimbal. I do calibration on the ground before a flight wait 10-15 mins before I move the aircraft and horizon will not stay level. using S1000 and wkm.
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

I had this problem too.  The only way I fixed it was by re-balancing the gimbal.   Check if your gimbal is balanced.    Put your GH4 on the gimbal and then while the aircraft is on level surface and off, turn the camera in different positions within its axis.  If its perfectly balanced it should stay in place.   If it doesn't, well you need to get balanced.  This will fix your horizontal drift.   Did for me on 3 of our crafts.  I found that not all gimbals are perfectly balanced when they come from DJI.  

Go figure
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules