how intelligent should we allow the battery to be
645 2 2015-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.2

Finland

Just a thought , it seems to me that a number of craft have been falling from the sky due to low charge or taking off below 50% after temporary landing and then sudden short high power needs making the battery hit critical and below for just a short instance, then the brain in the battery decides that that's enough and shuts down.
Could this be a shortcoming ?. I would rather get the bird home with a f*#ked battery 160 euros, rather than losing my 1500 euro craft in a forest or lake becuase the battery says OK I am going to save myself,
thoughts anyone ??
2015-10-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The intelligence in the battery is not going to stop you getting the aircraft home when it gets low, it is there to manage charge of the battery and to monitor the cell voltage and charge. It is no different to a lot of power supply systems these days where the charger is dumb and the control is contained in the battery. It also cannot shut of power from the aircraft either.
2015-10-17
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

thanks for the heads up, I thought that once the voltage was at certain point the battery shut itself down, and if sudden power needs when close to critical could make the voltage drop to the point that the battery shut itself down, especially with older well used battery's
2015-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules