Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimble Dance
2159 2 2014-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tymtravler
New

United States

I have been on several facebook pages for the DJI Phantom Vision + owners and many of us are have terrible issues with the gimbal. I have used several gimbals in the past on other UAV's (Zenmuse, Tarot) with no trouble.  I have only flown my new PV+ 10 times with no issues and no crashes and now all of the sudden the gimbal wants to do the left and right dance.  I have recalibrated the IMU basic and advanced, checked for obstructions, rebooted the camera and still no luck. I called service and found that it is a known problem and it needs to go back for repairs which takes 6-8 weeks.  Others have found that the camera pops off or it is cockeyed.   DJI wants 650.00 bucks for a new gimbal and camera.  I have had a couple of DJI's UAV's and really liked them and I thought the PV+ was going to be better then the PV.  Now I wish I have gotten a PV and just added the Zenmuse and GoPro, OSD and Waypoints.  Most UAV flyers can accept the fact when you do crash you may brake your gimbal or camera but it is easier to repair it yourself then have to wait such a long time to get it back.  I have also not seen any posts or tech updates that DJI is working on resolving these issues other than to just send it back for repair.  One of the support centers in the US stated that they have to send the PV+ back to China and we all know how long that takes.  

I can send a short video of the gimbal issue but I don't see anywhere to attach on this post.
2014-9-23
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.3

China

Hi, Tymtravler, the gimbal performance is excellent but it's kind of fragile to shock/crash. We have to consider structure and weight at the same time since the lighter the better for the drone. Could you advise your email address and I can contact local service center to help you in a better way. Thanks.
2014-9-23
Use props
tymtravler
New

United States

Terry
I have contacted East , central and West coast service centers and have received the same information.   However if you have some sort of magic wand to speed things up that would be great.  Yes I agree the performance of the camera and gimbal is very good when it works, but as for shock or crash this did not happen on my Phantom.
Tymtravler@hotmail.com
Thanks
2014-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules