1222 9 2015-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I live near Hong Kong Airport, and I cannot start my motors near.  I need to go to Sunny Bay (1 train subway station away) to fly it.

Registering your drone is not a good idea since its already at user level.  We had a lot of stupid and gun-ho drone owners and registering it does not help.

GEO FENCING and education are the best solutions, it works on me and other user.  

Can FAA ask Dept of Commerce to force DJI and others to implement geo fencing (all of NFZ) on their firmware and apps, before they can reach US market ?

The way FAA reacts is too useless, paranoid and knee jerk.  

If the US users does not care/speak up,  their way of life had just clipped.  Could be the reason I see people started to sell thie P3 ?

2015-10-19
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

And, where in the world is the FAA going to come up with the manpower and resources to administer this?
2015-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Said before, the FAA is a US government department and has no power at all over DJI, which is a Chinese company. Go ahead, sell your P3, but what will it achieve?
2015-10-19
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

But they have the power to implement policy before goods can be sold in the US..?

Like FDA, they dont allow Chinese foods with toxic to enter the US markets.. right ?
2015-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SectorDrone Posted at 2015-10-20 19:14
But they have the power to implement policy before goods can be sold in the US..?

Like FDA, they do ...

Oh dear, you are confusing quarantine regulations and import regulations. Yes, they can stop food coming into the country, but not drones. And the FAA has the ability to regulate airspace and flying, they have nothing to do with imports.

People buy ands sell Phantoms, and all the huindreds of other drone brands all the time because they buy one, get bored, can't figure out how to fly it and get rid of it. It is the greatest money making bonanza at the moment, because people buy it, crash it and then buy a different one. Money For Nothin, and Drones For Free.....
2015-10-20
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-10-20 04:19
Oh dear, you are confusing quarantine regulations and import regulations. Yes, they can stop food c ...

I tend to agree with what you posted. At issue is that the US government, if they want to go after you, they will

The CPSC could decide that all remote controlled aircraft with exposed propellers present a danger to persons and requires a design change. Well within their authority.

Then the FCC performs a test of the transmitter used and finds that either there is frequency interference, or has the ability to operate on a frequency not permitted.

Then the FAA decides that there aren't redundancies needed to ensure that the quad will stay in the air if a single system is lost. Quads are granted the status of being an aircraft, (UAV, UAS) , or whatever the flavor of the day may be.  

There are plenty of ways to ban the importation of just about any item, if they want.

I've watched government bureaucracies from close up too many times before. Unless you are really good at documenting and having reference notes to answer their questions, it can take a long time to approve any product that they want.
2015-10-20
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-10-19 21:33
Said before, the FAA is a US government department and has no power at all over DJI, which is a Chin ...

They had plenty of power over DJI if they wish to sell in the US.  Cheap Japanese cars have seat belts, airbags etc., not because they were worried about American's safety because regulation REQUIRED they have them to sell them here...

The auto example is only one example of a long line of products.  DJI will either follow the regs or stop selling here.  Which do you think they will do?
2015-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

acenothing Posted at 2015-10-21 07:52
They had plenty of power over DJI if they wish to sell in the US.  Cheap Japanese cars have seat b ...

"Cheap Japanese cars have seat belts, airbags etc., not because they were worried about American's safety because regulation REQUIRED they have them to sell them here..."

That is a typically myopic American view of things. Many parts of the world have regulations requiring those features on cars, here in Australia you cannot import a car that does not comply with our vehicle safety standards. And a large number of car manufacturers outside the US actually make a big point of safety features like that as a selling point.

So DJI makes a US version of the Phantom to comply with local laws, the rest of us get a better, lighter version without that compliance crud on board, bonus!
2015-10-20
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Except...

It's NOT THE FAA who proposed registration for Hobby Drones.  It's the DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION.  NOT THE FAA.
2015-10-20
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft

Geebax Posted at 2015-10-21 06:38
"Cheap Japanese cars have seat belts, airbags etc., not because they were worried about American's ...

Glad to here we agree here.  The satement by an earlier poster was:
         "Said before, the FAA is a US government department and has no power at all over DJI, which is a Chinese company. Go ahead, sell your P3, but what will it achieve?"

Is ignorant and naive.  Thanks for your support
2015-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules