DJI Selected as Member of FAA Drone Registration Task Force
12Next >
4533 72 2015-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Delphine
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI is pleased to announce the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has invited it to participate in its Unmanned Aircraft Systems Registration Task Force. U.S. Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx announced the formation of the task force Monday.

DJI takes safety very seriously and has led the civilian drone industry on many technology-based safety features, including geospatial information (sometimes called"geofencing"), altitude limitation and automatic return-to-home and auto-land fail-safes. DJI has previously collaborated with regulators in other countries to create safe-flying guidelines for consumer drone pilots. Itis pleased to offer its expertise to the FAA as it considers many of the technical and legal considerations relating to a proposed registration system.

Brendan Schulman, DJI’s vice president of policy & legal affairs, is DJI's designee for the task force.

"While I am concerned about the short schedule and limited opportunity for public comment, we support regulatory approaches that strike an appropriate balance between risk, benefit and the burden of compliance," said Schulman. "DJI intends to represent the interests of its customers as this process moves forward."

Schulman said DJI is encouraging customers to file comments during the short, 15-day public comment period now open at http://www.regulations.gov/#!    documentDetail;D=FAA-2015-4378-0001.

For customers unable to comment through that channel, DJI plans to make a mechanism available to send concerns and suggestions directly to the company so that customer views may be considered in DJI’s work on the Task Force.  

2015-10-22
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

I hope this doesnt mean DJI will give any data of customers to the FAA!
2015-10-22
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-22 12:59

Why - what have you got to hide?
You are photographed 200 times a day, your movements can be tracked via cell phone. Your bank, spending and earnings are all monitored. Your movements in and out of your own country afe monitored and logged. Certain countries take your fingerprints on entering and passports carry biometric data.
And you're worried about some useless bit of information being given to the FAA - give me a break.
2015-10-22
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-22
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

2015-10-22
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

2015-10-22
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-10-22 14:52
Apparently youre ok with having every single part of your life cataloged. Thats sad. Its no wonder  ...

Every part of your your life, my life and everybody else s life is already cataloged... you are already part of the system - not everything in life is out to get you.....the big bad conspiracy.

Did you used to be paranoid but now you just think everyone is out to get you?

Oh - and I have absolutley no use for guns.
2015-10-22
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Thailand

Cool, now you can remove the silly 500 meter limit on Way Points!
2015-10-22
Use props
reubenwm
lvl.1

United States

Instead of registration, every UAV should be required to have the owner's phone # and address on the UAV but only for UAVs that surpass certain criteria (weight, range, etc).  This issue probably wouldn't be of concern if "pilots" were following the rules already established.
2015-10-22
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Tharg (from the Posted at 2015-10-22 16:21
Every part of your your life, my life and everybody else s life is already cataloged... you are alr ...

Thats not the point. They may track my movements but there is no fine for moving more then 500m.  This FAA scamscheme is made to apply further restrictions later and start collecting fines of the masses for completely neglictible "crimes".

2015-10-22
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

duey101 Posted at 2015-10-22 17:45
Cool, now you can remove the silly 500 meter limit on Way Points!

How did you remove it?
2015-10-22
Use props
vellis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402552 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2015-10-22 06:35
You are photographed 200 times a day, your movements can be track ...

i hope the FAA gets my info. They also have info on my Airline Transport Pilot license and my radio license. If they tie them together, it will give me some legitimacy for my future business.
2015-10-22
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2015-10-22 22:21
Every part of your your life, my life and everybody else s life is already cataloged... you are alr ...

yeah it's a all great, just hand over our lives to the government, become part of the collective!!...I bet it sounded like that in Rome towards the end.
Once we allow them to register us, then they have the power to take it away, restrict it, tax it, complicate it...all in the guise of helping public safety which I guarantee you is a government PR campaign.  Ever wonder why there are more injuries from baseballs than from drones yet we don't read about licensing baseball players in the newspaper.  And there's also more privacy incidents from camcorders and binoculars than drones and yet we don't read about those in the news either...makes you wonder why?  ...$$$$$$$ and control, power which equals more $$$$$$

I get registering airplane pilots because there's a lot more personal safety at stake there but we're flying fricken toy copters with cameras on them for crying out loud.
2015-10-22
Use props
Jay_Bit
lvl.3

United States

So I was right

So....I was right from the onset, now if i were a betting man
2015-10-22
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

2015-10-22
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-22 19:50
Here's my comment...

Well... the only one that I consider suitable for this forum right now, anyway ...

Paul

I absolutely agree. We are seeing far too much global restriction based on regional US policy.

We already have CAA regulations in the UK and are pursuing offendors. We don't need Firmware restrictions imposed globally by DJI just to appease a US knee jerk reaction to a relatively small number of incidents in an attempt to garner positive PR ahead of elections.
Paul
2015-10-22
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

What a scam!

Schulman said DJI isencouraging customers to file comments during the short, 15-day public commentperiod now open athttp://www.regulations.gov/#!    documentDetail;D=FAA-2015-4378-0001.

They already closed the comment period after few hours. Also they heavy censor the comments so when I had a look only 20 out of 90 comments were proven to be published...........i can guess why.

2015-10-22
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-22 21:15
Quite right.

However, it must be said that as yet, I've heard nothing to suggest that this means  ...

Fledgling company creating a market presence.

Equipment needing to be clearly identified by "type" hence photos but not by registration number.
2015-10-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Chicken Little, Henny Penny, all the same here, The Sky Is Falling!!!
2015-10-22
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-22 17:25
What a scam!

Schulman said DJI isencouraging customers to file comments during the short, 15-day pu ...

Hell no !!!  it is still alive at :

Comment on this crap ASAP !!

And there is ALOT of comments supporting this crap, so get your voice heard now or forever pay registeration fees and insurance and pay tickets up the wazooo.
2015-10-22
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-10-23 00:35
Hell no !!!  it is still alive at :

Comment on this crap ASAP !!

They changed the link and closed that one provided by DJI before. Also the comments on the link before cannot be seen anymore.
2015-10-22
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-22 18:57
They changed the link and closed that one provided by DJI before. Also the comments on the link be ...

That is just great ! is immigration open in your country ? i am about to pack my bags .....
2015-10-22
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-10-23 01:01
That is just great ! is immigration open in your country ? i am about to pack my bags .....

Just get a cheap forged Syrian passport and you can not only immigrate you also will get free hotel free food many gifts and Euro 800,- each month from the government for doing nothing. If you cannot get a Syrian passport you still will be welcome but you will need to work 6 months before you have access to government money.
2015-10-22
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-22 19:05
Just get a cheap forged Syrian passport and you can not only immigrate you also will get free hotel ...

LOL i am kidding, i ain't leaving unless they carry my dead body in a coffin out of the states!!!! Its sad that Syrians had to bail out of the area and there arab neighbors (kuwait and saudia arabia) shut there doors and told them go away
2015-10-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-10-23 00:52
Its no wonder they took away your guns so easily.

WTF are you talking about?
2015-10-22
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

2015-10-22
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-10-22 14:52
Apparently youre ok with having every single part of your life cataloged. Thats sad. Its no wonder  ...

Wouldnt be such a bad thing if they took yours away.
2015-10-22
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

2015-10-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-10-23 11:38
Im not a very good history teacher. Do your own research.

No, that is true, but it seems you are not very informed either. Whose guns do you imagine 'they' have taken away?
2015-10-22
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Do you REALY want me to answer that dumb question take a step back and listen to yourself
2015-10-22
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

2015-10-22
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I don't mind registering my copter but it shouldn't cost us anything..  This is some peoples hobby, it shouldn't be used as a way for the government to make a profit...  No more rules but a way to enforce common sense is fine by me..  On another note, it's too late to easily stop the government from doing stupid shit, now it's to a point where it's too powerful and will take every single person in the country to say get fucked, if only half the country they will just kill them and be plenty powerful still off the other half that stayed laid down in their hole...  But just like cars these things are filling the skies and there has to be a way to regulate safety and to punish the dumb asses not concerned with anyone's safety and do things like fly in the path of commercial airliners and planes...  There should also not be any restrictions on height cuz in some places like mountain regions a limit it stupid..  Bottom line is something needs to be done but it needs to stay unintrusive and free and unrestrictive
2015-10-22
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

The government is now in a position of playing catch up. The horse is already out of the barn. Congress passed the FAA Modernization Act in 2012 and gave the FAA until September 30, 2015 to come up with something. They dragged their feet and missed the deadline. In the meantime the popularity of all kinds of drones both commercial and recreational has proliferated and projected to increase exponentially. The registration is a move to make it look they are doing something when I don't think they really know what to do at all. It is doubtful that there will be anywhere near enough resources to enforce anything they come up with.
2015-10-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

aopisa Posted at 2015-10-23 12:29
The government is now in a position of playing catch up. The horse is already out of the barn. Congr ...

Key Text: "The registration is a move to make it look they are doing something when I don't think they really know what to do at all. It is doubtful that there will be anywhere near enough resources to enforce anything they come up with. "

I agree completely, and it will be the same in almost every country.
2015-10-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-22 07:59

Who cares?
2015-10-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2015-10-22 09:35
You are photographed 200 times a day, your movements can be track ...

I agree, doesn't bother me. I am doing nothing wrong. I feel that this will rid us of the foolishness and recklessness.
2015-10-23
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

aopisa Posted at 2015-10-22 18:29
The government is now in a position of playing catch up. The horse is already out of the barn. Congr ...

<<<<This>>>>
Agreed.  I could speculate on what comes next, but it wouldn't be popular.
Big ol' scat sammich if you ask me.  Unenforceable for the most part.
2015-10-23
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-22 13:50
Here's my comment...

Well... the only one that I consider suitable for this forum right now, anyway ...

exactly, dji shouldnt be limiting flight with their retarded NFZs in the first place, permission can be granted to fly at/in airports and many of their blocked areas arent even really a legit NFZ 99% of the time, such as stadiums and so on.  Also like you said, different countries, different laws.  DJI shouldnt be meddling or trying to limit flight.  Such behavior will ultimately only hurt their business in the long run starting soon when there are other better options for drones from other manufacturers without such stupid limitations.  Personally i run older firmware from back before they added most of these stupid useless NFZs and flight restrictions and i have zero plans to ever update to limit my aircrafts functionality. I will NEVER be buying another crap dji product as long as they keep disabling them with their retarded nfz, max height limits and other software flight restrictions.  I live in the USA and no company from china has any reason or right to tell me where i can or cannot fly my own personal property that i paid $3000+ for.
2015-10-24
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-10-23 09:16
I agree, doesn't bother me. I am doing nothing wrong. I feel that this will rid us of the foolishn ...

To be perfectly honest it will do absolutely nothing, people who break the laws/rules ultimately dont care about laws/rules and will not change their behavior just because you pass more law/rules.  Your average law abiding citizen already follows the FAA recommendations and dont need new stupid laws to get them to do so.
2015-10-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-10-24 05:43
To be perfectly honest it will do absolutely nothing, people who break the laws/rules ultimately d ...

Do you register your car? Do you have a Driver's License?
2015-10-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules