1257 12 2015-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Don't do the app update if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone.  I did mine last night before an important shoot this morning.  after startup/compass calibration it only lasts for 1 or 2 minutes before you see the dreaded "disconnected" and the app dies.  When it restarts it restarts at the beginning, interrupting any flow you have going.  My first P2 would still shoot pics even without the fpv upgrade i did.  This won't, since the app controls the taking of pics and video.  Shame on DJI once again.
DJI once again has let us down.

2015-10-22
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

Does anyone know if we can down rev the rc unit to 1.3, before the latest "update?"
2015-10-22
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

M8 I have the TabS no issues with the last go update are you killing all open aps before starting the go app?And once you are in the goapp are you cache the map then enabling flight mode?
2015-10-22
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-22
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

rocket, i do a restart before every flight.  how do i cache the maps?  i'm currently international so use the actual cell service very sparingly.  could have an impact i know.

And ye, i know, why update right after release?  because it said update required.
2015-10-22
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

i think I just cached the map and if so i did it last night too.  i turned on the system and cleared the video cache which brought up the local map.  i will go out and do a test flight and see if the apps acts better.  if it crashes i will then turn on the local (hugely expensive) cell service and see if that helps.  better to spend money on cell service if it works...

stay tuned.
2015-10-22
Use props
spunone69.gmail
lvl.3

United States

I have a Galaxy Tab4A and I have to "factory reset" my tablet about every four or five flights...otherwise the video gets choppy/laggy and eventually freezes up
2015-10-22
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

This is the reason I bought an Apple Ipad Air 2.......had to many issues with Android, Samsung EVERYTHING.......I love them for everything BUT the GO App.
2015-10-22
Use props
tdrussell1
lvl.1

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-10-23 12:19
This is the reason I bought an Apple Ipad Air 2.......had to many issues with Android, Samsung EVERY ...

Well aside from, obviously, the iOS9+DJI Go calamity that many have been dealing with for weeks.
2015-10-23
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-10-23 06:29
rocket, i do a restart before every flight.  how do i cache the maps?  i'm currently international s ...

Yeh start the go app before you go flying expand the map where you plan on taking off so it cache's it.Then turn on flight mode as you wont need cell  service as you already have the map good to go.
2015-10-23
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

Try this:

1. Uninstall the DJI GO app
2. Remove the DJI folder from your device
3. Install the DJI GO app
4. DISABLE USB DEBUGGING (most important thing)

2015-10-23
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
Argentina

i will give some of these a try when the wind dies down.  a storm passed through and it is blowing hard.
2015-10-23
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

Do you have to be connected to the copter to cache the map or can it Bo done with just the app?
2015-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules