Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GOODBYE P2V+ GIMBAL - NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE
3317 20 2014-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

That's right,  you can fly your Phantom Vision + without the weak and self destructing Gimbal and still get telemetry, waypoints, video etc .......  WITHOUT ANY PART OF THE GIMBAL  

Check out the thread below to liberate yourself from those hefty costs and fears of a gentle breeze or leaf trashing your stock gimbal.....

USE ANY gimbal / camera.......   DONT BE LOOKING FOR THAT RIBBON CABLE,  JUST UPGRADE TO A MORE EFFICIENT AND LESS COSTLY CAMERA / GIMBAL SETUP.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 2213815&page=14

#Incidentally, DJI never did provide any such assistance in getting hold of the ribbon cable and the runaround they gave me with all the "calibration and Special servicing" was just a joke.  

NEVER again......
2014-12-19
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Or you could save yourself all this trouble and expense by just not smashing it into the ground...
All these moaning posts blaming everything but the one person who was in control at the time...
2014-12-19
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Great Googly-Moogly!  Is there a Readers Digest version where we don't have to read through all 14 pages and 197 separate posts!
SpongeBobConfused_b1.gif
2014-12-19
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-20 15:38
Or you could save yourself all this trouble and expense by just not smashing it into the ground... ...

Accidents happen - everything on the phantom should be available (and at a lower-cost) DJI made their money on the initial sale.

And I'm not talking so low its cheaper to make one yourself,  but a fair price.
2014-12-19
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.4

United States

Tell that to the car manufacturers too, lol!
2014-12-20
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-20 15:42
Accidents happen - everything on the phantom should be available (and at a lower-cost) DJI made th ...

Here you go. These guys will fix your REAL gimbal setup for $100-$200 in most cases. They will also fix some of the stuff which may have helped you crash in the first place!

http://www.usdronerepair.com/
https://www.facebook.com/USdronerepair

http://www.uavrepairshop.com/
2014-12-20
Use props
mckiper
New

United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-20 15:41
Great Googly-Moogly!  Is there a Readers Digest version where we don't have to read through all 14 p ...

Agreed
I asked. No reply yet
2014-12-20
Use props
rod
First Officer

New Zealand

Or you could save yourself all this trouble and expense by just not smashing it into the ground... ...

Hehe! John you are always so cheerful!

What amazes me is how many people A) don't read the instructions, and b) don't even research all of this forum where users have taken the trouble to help others- How many times have we discussed downloading the drivers first, or making sure you have selected the right RC.  Nothing to do with this thread of course, but you are right- there are a lot of self inflicted injuries here!
2014-12-20
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

I see someone has managed to aquire 5 ribbon cables on ebay and now selling them at £120 each!! No thanks will go with the person selling one at £35! Is someone getting a bit greedy or are they really that price??  If so then I think I  would rather put the money to a go pro and a different gimbal.
2014-12-21
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

mark_turner6920 Posted at 2014-12-21 16:29
I see someone has managed to aquire 5 ribbon cables on ebay and now selling them at £120 each!! No  ...

They are £66 for 2 (as they come in packs of 2) delivered from davesmotors.com....

Don't pay the rip off prices, even ATK have been diddling us.....
2014-12-21
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I only hope this rare and obviously non defect issue happens to you JW, only then will you see the real issues...  Why comment on stuff you have no idea about, always defending DJI and telling everyone how you have never had any issues.  This is a support forum, Are you complaining that you have had no issues?

Look at some of your posts in the forum, there's alot of suspect, unhelpful and non contributory comments there and not a lot of support, What is your role?
Are you the DJI - YING  to our YANG....

Do you truly believe that all the issues are user error?  despite the recent upgrades and events.....?

DJI have had every chance to make such items available,  now there are people who will do what some nations do best, REVERSE engineer the product and unlock the mysteries that make DJI so much money......
Turns out its nothing that special and very overpriced let alone easily modified or replaced.....

I hope that gentle breeze or some leaf blows your way JW and I hope your phantom spontaneously combusts whilst flying away, just so you really know how it feels and then actually know what your talking about.   Just some constructive criticism JW style.....

2014-12-21
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2014-12-20 21:12
Tell that to the car manufacturers too, lol!

Just got a recall for my BMW due to Airbag issues,  car manufacturers are generaly responsible as there not based in China and are subject to laws and threats of laws suits.........   so they actually act .........   not just speak the lingo and ignore the issues...
2014-12-21
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
United Kingdom

mixstreme Posted at 2014-12-21 18:36
I only hope this rare and obviously non defect issue happens to you JW, only then will you see the ...

Well you can hope all you like that I will crash.
However by following 3 simple rules I have reduced the likelihood of that ever happening.
1, read the instructions.
2, know the limits of the aircraft
3, don't fly like a dick
And if by some act of god, my gimbal is damaged I will just buy another one, its only £449 with next day delivery.
2014-12-21
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
United Kingdom

mixstreme "I hope that gentle breeze or some leaf blows your way JW and I hope your phantom spontaneously combusts whilst flying away, just so you really know how it feels and then actually know what your talking about.   Just some constructive criticism JW style....."

And a Merry Christmas to you.....LOL
2014-12-21
Use props
mckiper
New

United States

Mixtream, PM me if you don't mind. I have some questions.
2014-12-21
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-21 19:16
mixstreme "I hope that gentle breeze or some leaf blows your way JW and I hope your phantom spontane ...

Humbug, I cant wait for Xmas......  This forums gonna crash.....   Ironic really......

PM's Don't work......
2014-12-22
Use props
mckcdr
New

United States

You know I have had a Vision 2 for some 2 years, the hardest set down I ever has was last night, it almost flpped over, ALMOST I say. The Vision 2 has been a solid flyer and so I bought a vision 2+  and this thing has been nothing but problems, dropping out of the sky and then fly away, it is not operator error, I fly both birds the same way.  With the vision 2 I have already run through 2 batteries, used them all up and to the end of their life and I have deleted more video then I saved.  The Vision 2 plus, well I have more crash video then I care to save.  There is a issue with this bird.  Now with that said, I sent back the V2+ for it's second and probably last repair and I do not know what happened but I got it back in 3 weeks and whoever worked on it did what was needed, it flys perfectly now, no issues but I am basing this off of one moderately long flight but I did some high speed stuff and exactly what I did at the battery level I had when it flew away before.  I have a feeling I got a reconditioned V2+ but all the same it works now and that is all I care about

2014-12-22
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-21 18:57
Well you can hope all you like that I will crash.
However by following 3 simple rules I have reduc ...

I never said I hope you crash JW, I just want you to experience an error with your unit that does not involve any wrongdoing on your part.  ONLY then will you understand others issues and maybe be a little less condescending when "helping" people as you do.

I agree that 97% is user error, but you cant be so naïve as to believe that this unit is error free and incidents beyond user control simply don't happen based on your perfect flying record with absolutely no issues,  can you?

Answers on a postcard please to: LALA land, Dorset.

A little bit of empathy, and even a bit of compassion could be prescribed to counter the mean and useless comments. Its supposed to be a friendly forum for all and yes , there will be moaning, that's what this forum is for, so DJI can keep the moans all in one place rather than have them spread over the web......

Enjoy your incident free flying and may you be the jingle in all our bells in this glorious season of goodwill..... May your fellow man grace you with knowledge as you have graced others.......
And may your phantom never be the menace that strikes back......

{:3_42:}

2014-12-22
Use props
rod
First Officer

New Zealand

mixstreme Posted at 2014-12-23 10:54
I never said I hope you crash JW, I just want you to experience an error with your unit that does  ...

If I had jingles in my bells I'd be seeing a doctor!
Hey Mixtreme and John, let's get back to helping each other now , and not turn this into a personal flaming match.  You are both great contributors so let's be jolly and deck the halls with holly!

Santas on his way and all the new users of phantoms are going to need a lot of help from us more experienced flyers come December 26th!! IE: I can't open the box- where does this cable go- how do I know what prop goes where?? ETC- never mind when they actually get airborn!!
Happy landings!! PS: is Santas sleigh made by DJI?? I hope his batteries hold up!!
Cheers!
Rod
2014-12-22
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
United Kingdom

I enjoy living in la la land, its full of unicorns, rainbows and a place where all phantoms fly perfectly.
2014-12-23
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-23 18:41
I enjoy living in la la land, its full of unicorns, rainbows and a place where all phantoms fly perf ...

JW don't be bragging about it, the local government will put a levy or tax in place to stop you enjoying it.....
Merry Christmas sir.....  {:3_59:}
2014-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules