Video auto exposure problem
1878 14 2014-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jprpires
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello.I'm form Portugal so excuse me if my english isn't very acurate.

I have been testing my new vision plus for the past two weeks, and in many of my footage, the image starts "flashing", going very quickly from darker to brighter, as if the auto exposure is compensating. It's not propellers shadow, i can recognize that like a courtin band, it's the all image going "crazy".
Any ideas on how to prevent this or it's just happening to me?
Best regards,
João Pires

2014-9-23
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

I would suggest that you start experimenting and getting used to the camera.
The automatic features (like white balance & exposure metering) can be playing tricks on you as the camera flies around.
This is a good video...
http://vimeo.com/104192378
2014-9-23
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Good Video TJ That explains the stepping effect from the ISO.
And the metering. Awesome
2014-9-23
Use props
jprpires
lvl.1

Portugal

Thank you for the reply. I already knew this video, in my quest for good experiences with vision+, but thank you anyway
The thing is that i have evrithing loked down in the vision app, iso at 100, average exposure meter, sunny WB, -0.3 compensation, evrithing that is refered in that video, i have tried out. I have made a sheet where i write all the settings for each video that i recorded, so i'm 100% certain that i tried out all that is refered in Russel Brown video.
Please watch this video http://youtu.be/6lQZahbeP90 , it's not mine but it has exactly what is happening with some of my videos.
The videos that don't have this problem are awesome, but when this happens....
Best regards,
João Pires
2014-9-23
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

jprpires@gmail. Posted at 2014-9-24 04:31
Thank you for the reply. I already knew this video, in my quest for good experiences with vision+, b ...

Since I was able to find it easily over at Adobe, I assume Russell Brown would accept an email question about your video.
I've not met him, but some others who have say he's a really personable guy.
I recommend that you send him a link to one of your videos, not someone else's...

And if you're able to get him to correspond with you, could you tell us what he recommended...
russellprestonbrown@mac.com
2014-9-23
Use props
jprpires
lvl.1

Portugal

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-24 05:02
Since I was able to find it easily over at Adobe, I assume Russell Brown would accept an email ques ...

Thank you Gilbert, i will do that and i will post any new developments.
2014-9-23
Use props
jprpires
lvl.1

Portugal

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-24 01:42
I would suggest that you start experimenting and getting used to the camera.
The automatic features  ...

Well, since last post i discovered my gimble is 2 degress down in the horizontal level, to the right side. Anyone knows if this is comun, or a bug, or a bad sign to the future?

Best regards.
2014-9-24
Use props
simonfeaugas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

jprpires@gmail. Posted at 2014-9-25 06:10
Well, since last post i discovered my gimble is 2 degress down in the horizontal level, to the rig ...

I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT THE GIMBAL PROBLEM, TAKE A LOOK TO THIS VIDEO AND LET ME KNOW IF IT HELPS YOU

2014-9-24
Use props
jprpires
lvl.1

Portugal

simonfeaugas@gm Posted at 2014-9-25 06:17
I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT THE GIMBAL PROBLEM, TAKE A LOOK TO THIS VIDEO AND LET ME KNOW IF IT HELPS  ...

Thank you. I believe it will fix the problem temporarly, but i have seen in other forums solutions like that needed to put some kind of glue in the front end of the screw in the gimbal, so the level mantained after the flight. But i think if this a comum defect, shouldn't DJI release a software that allowed us to set the gimbal, like the software for the phantom and for the rc?
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Check this video:
2014-9-24
Use props
jprpires
lvl.1

Portugal

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-25 07:57
Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTz3Dd2Ecs

Thank you. But it's all the same, we have to mess around with the equipment, loosing the warranty.
DJI should think this and release a software. And should also answer the mails that costumers sent to support, i love the machine but am very disapointed with the support service.
2014-9-25
Use props
tcorwin
New

United States

I have a similar issue, but I see stripes. Please look here.

Any advice?
2014-9-25
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

That looks like the sun hitting the props, This creating shadows in your images. Try a different time of day. Or get a lens hood for the camera.
The lens hood should shadow the light coming through the Props.

Lens Hood

Lens Hood
Also witch this video for best performance in setting in the camera.

2014-9-25
Use props
jprpires
lvl.1

Portugal

tcorwin@veteran Posted at 2014-9-25 23:27
I have a similar issue, but I see stripes. Please look here.

Any advice?

Hello tcorwin.
That is the sun shading trough the propellers, creatting a shadow like a band wide.
The best hours to capture video it's morning, until 11:00 am and afternonn, past 16:00 pm, so the sun is in  a position that doesn't affect much.
Try to record with the sun in the back of the drone ;)
2014-9-25
Use props
rlmedina.pacifi
lvl.1

United States

tcorwin

I have the same issue.. did you find a resolution.
2014-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules