Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Radar Problem
1315 10 2015-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpdigiman
lvl.4
Ireland

Hi Guys,
we all know about the handy radar pointer in the bottom left of the DJI app.

When i have my RC positioned the same way as the P3P the radar should read pointing up say 12 o'clock.
Mine always points to 11 o'clcok even after the last IMU callibration which was after a firmware update some time ago.
i do rely on it to manually get home or for good orientation in flight but its off a bit...

Does anyone else find the radar pointer inaccurate? is their a fix?
2015-10-24
Use props
gongml
lvl.3
Flight distance : 595413 ft
Canada

I don't think the orientation of the radar icon is related to the orientation of the RC.  Try to rotate your RC and my guess is that the icon direction will not change.
2015-10-24
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.4
Ireland

The radar indicator tells you what way the front of the p-3 is pointing. When the p3 my radar indicator does work. When i fly forward its pointing up and if iturn 180 deg, the radar will ppint back towards centre point. Its just the radar arrow pointer is not accurate.
2015-10-24
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.4
Ireland

The radar pointer indicates tge orientation of the bird
2015-10-24
Use props
ajinop
lvl.1

United States

On the map screen in the DJI GO app, there is a lock and un lock oriantation

For some reason the forum wont let me upload a screen shot ??

Lock & Unlock.png
2015-10-24
Use props
ajinop
lvl.1

United States

now it worked, ugggg
2015-10-24
Use props
ajinop
lvl.1

United States

See if that corrects the orientation issue.
Not sure if it will but it might be worth a look
2015-10-24
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.4
Ireland

ajinop Posted at 2015-10-25 03:42
See if that corrects the orientation issue.
Not sure if it will but it might be worth a look

Thanks for your reply. I updated to the new Rc firmware yesterday and now today when I turn on the P3 and Rc the radar is much more accurate. Maybe there was a reset or fix in the update...... not sure!

At least for now Radar in the Go App points to the correct orientation of the P3.
2015-10-25
Use props
ajinop
lvl.1

United States

mpdigiman Posted at 2015-10-25 12:33
Thanks for your reply. I updated to the new Rc firmware yesterday and now today when I turn on the ...

Awesome glad it is working normal!
2015-10-25
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

You don't have a "RADAR" locator on your Phantom or the Pilot or GO app. What you do have is a compass heading and a depiction of the front of the Phantom.

As previously posted, you can lock the screen to display north all the time of have it so that the north gradient moves.
2015-10-25
Use props
bryan.bryanwort
New

United States

I am having this same problem.  I have all the current firmware updates in place.  My "radar" shows the aircraft pointing to 2 o'clock position.  I've also recalibrate the imu, gimble and controller with no change.
2015-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules