Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone won't connect to Phantom 3 Professional controller
7640 10 2015-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nolanronayne
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys,

it's been awhile since i've flown my P3P and tonight I wanted to fly so I decided to update my firmwares.. all was going great and I updated the batteries and the quad itself and it was successful.. but i went to update the controller and I cant get my iphone to connect to the quad. When I plug it into the controller I dont get the "Trust this computer" message like I normally do. Nothing happens at all, and it doesnt charge my iphone either. I know it's not my USB lightning cable as I have tried 3 and they all don't do anything and they are original apple cables. From what i've read, I cannot update the controller without connecting the phone to the quad and going through the app.. which I can't do at the moment. Can anyone shed any light on this? Has it happened to anyone else? Thanks.. I'm eager to fly!
2015-10-24
Use props
jmims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure your iPhone software is up to date. Do a hard reset on the phone (hold the power and home button together until you see the Apple logo. See if that helps. What model iPhone do you have?
2015-10-24
Use props
jmims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure your iPhone software is up to date. Do a hard reset on the phone (hold the power and home button together until you see the Apple logo. See if that helps. What model iPhone do you have?
2015-10-24
Use props
nolanronayne
lvl.1
United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-10-24 22:38
Make sure your iPhone software is up to date. Do a hard reset on the phone (hold the power and home  ...

I have an iPhone 6.. software is up todate (9.1)
2015-10-24
Use props
nolanronayne
lvl.1
United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-10-24 22:38
Make sure your iPhone software is up to date. Do a hard reset on the phone (hold the power and home  ...

Soft reset did not work..
2015-10-24
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

Remember, the quad needs to be off to update controller. Here is what I had to do in this exact order or it wouldn't connect (since app update). Turn on iPhone 1st and connect cable. Open App, and turn on Controller then select camera view and download update then update.
Note: since iOS 9 it is a crap shoot on connecting to the quad. Sometimes I can fly 4 batteries and be connected. Other times, no connection. Of course the contoller and quad work fine, just no function through the app.
2015-10-24
Use props
skipodonnell
lvl.1

United States

How do I update the controller if I'm not able to access camera view in the app?
2015-12-1
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

skipodonnell Posted at 2015-12-1 13:25
How do I update the controller if I'm not able to access camera view in the app?

Does your main page say "How to Connect", if so, just swope left or right to another model then back to yours and now you should be able to get the camera view.
2015-12-1
Use props
blueboing101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66650 ft
United Kingdom

im suffering exactly the same problem, I noticed on mine that I also don't get the iphone charging symbol either making it look as though my controller usb port isn't getting any power... I might add that the first time I ever had to update the controller It bricked out straight away and had to be sent to the Netherlands for repair. I never suffered any stress at all with my old Phantom and followed the procedures to the letter... Haven't flown it more than 6 hours anyway. used to be my fave hobby now tries to give me a stroke every time i get it out. Recently having not flown it for months it let me down on my brothers wedding day as also wouldn't connect.
2016-1-23
Use props
vincent.bredoux
lvl.1

France

I have the same problem with my PH3 Pro, and my IPhone 6S plus....
Not possible to connect it while it works with my Android tablett....

Any solution????
2016-5-9
Use props
berniesbargreec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119600 ft
United Kingdom

does anyone have a UK address for DJI? I want to instigate a claim in the small claims courts.
2020-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules