Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo keeps beeping after unlocking all rotors
123Next >
40218 98 2015-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlosdomingo
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi, just bough the DJI Osmo and it is always beeping after I turn it on which accordingly to the manual means a rotor is locked. But all the rotors are unlocked and even if I reset the gimbal doing a double twp on the trigger still nothing happens and it continues beeping. Does anyone experience this issue and knows how to fix it?
Regards

Carlos
2015-10-25
Use props
tonywang
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Power it off, unlock all the 3 axis, and then power it on again.
2015-10-25
Use props
martin_yon
New

Singapore

tonywang Posted at 2015-10-26 14:21
Power it off, unlock all the 3 axis, and then power it on again.

I have the same issue, i have tried to off it, unlock the 3 axis and power on again, but it still beeping
2015-10-27
Use props
stevebates2.yah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477690 ft
United States

Unfortunately you have to return it.  Mine did the same.  Nothing works.  Returned it today.
My inspire camera worked on it though...which is odd.  It's a bad gimbal.
2015-10-27
Use props
mikewang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Have you activated your Osmo by DJI Go? Connect it to your cellphone to see what hint the DJI Go app gives.
2015-10-27
Use props
mariabarr
lvl.1

United States

I received my Osmo this evening and after trying everything, watching all the tutorials and reading the DJI Forums, it is not working properly.  The gimbal will not activate, there are no gimbal motor noises (except occasionally it does start twitching).  When I attempt to run the tutorial on the app, it will not progress to the next screen and the camera does not appear to know when it is upright.  The fan runs all the time (not sure if that's normal or not).  The battery was fully charged when I began.  I own two phantom 3 pros so not my first rodeo with the app.

I don't think it should be this hard, and I'm definitely not getting the same results as "Ty" when he unboxed and started his Osmo.  I have had problems with my Phantoms due to screwy results with firmware upgrades but I'm not being prompted for an upgrade so I figure its not that.
Almost forgot, unrelenting and constant slow beeping with all motors unlocked - steady green light and have tried double tap on trigger to reset, still no joy.  I have powered it off and then back on multiple times.

Do I have a defective unit?
2015-10-29
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Same problem here. Unlocked gimbals, and booted up doing same routine. Had it for a week and no issues.
Right when I boot it up, it starts the single beep.
The Camera tilts back and hits the 2nd gimbal.Power button is solid green.

Troubleshooting:
-Tried taking out battery, rebooting.
-I can access the camera and everything through the app.
-Took the camera off, nothing changed.
-Took card out, no dice.
-When I doubled click the trigger it shuts off the gimabl and reboots, and gimbal makes sublte move but still limp, then this makes the power button blink green.
2015-11-1
Use props
david.tb-produc
New

United States

Just received my Osmo and am experiencing the same issue as the rest of you.  Anyone know what the fix is?  I spoke with dji customer support, and they had me run some standard troubleshooting stuff, that didn't work.  Then they told me they would open up a support ticket and send me an email with more info, which I have yet to receive.  Is anyone having any success after experiencing this issue?
2015-11-12
Use props
mbricteux
New

Spain

unblind Posted at 2015-11-1 15:56
Same problem here. Unlocked gimbals, and booted up doing same routine. Had it for a week and no issu ...

same here.......
2015-11-14
Use props
mikesd
lvl.1

United States

Wow! Look how many have this problem. Sounds like DJI is in denial about a major design flaw, or lack of QA.  DJI says they haven't heard of this problem. Sounds like it's very common.  Mine does the same thing.  Watch video below.

I'm doing it already powered and centering gimbal, but the same thing happens from unlocked and power up.  Manual says either powered or unpowered it should work, to unlock.

I've done the reset trick (trigger, shutter, power on) as well as from DJI Go app.  Can take photos and videos but get warning that gimbal is locked and it powers down. Won't center. Nothing fixes this. Tech support says mfg defect.  But how many have this problem?

DJI should be commenting on this. It's more than just an isolated failure.

2015-11-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mikesd Posted at 2015-11-15 05:33
Wow! Look how many have this problem. Sounds like DJI is in denial about a major design flaw, or lac ...

This may caused by the pitch malfunction, please contact the technical support for help. Thanks.
2015-11-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, did the app shows unlock warning? If the unlock beeping sound still exist after you've unlocked the gimbal, you can try to lock the yaw and then unlock it again and see if the sound disappear. Thanks.
2015-11-15
Use props
ivansterling
New

Mexico

Hello, same issue here! just got it today  and it just beeps, gimbal does a quick movement and then no response at all. App says it gimball is unlocked when it certanly is.
So, since no one in this forum has posted a solution to this, I guess I'll have to return it, so bad i live in another country so I guess it will be a nightmare... any suggestions for the returning process??
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ivansterling Posted at 2015-11-19 13:28
Hello, same issue here! just got it today  and it just beeps, gimbal does a quick movement and then  ...

Hi, have you done the activation of OSMO? Can you provide more details about the problem? Would you mind to shoot a video?
2015-11-19
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Here's is what Tim from DJI told me... "Hi unblind!  you have a defective pitch axis, your osmo needs to be send in. Please contact us via live-chat , phone call or email to get the information about repair procedure."

Oct 22 - OSMO shipped to us
Nov 3 - sent email to DJI support about gimbal not working
Nov 11 - got RMA from DJI for OSMO
Nov 18 - got confirmation that they received my OSMO
Dec 1-3 shoot date...hoping to get OSMO back for!
2015-11-19
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Just got confirmation that our OSMO has been repaired and shipped off today.
2015-11-20
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

So we got it back... turned it on, and it started vibrating like crazy. Turned off and back on...same.
Finally updated the firmware to the Nov 11 update. Now it is doing the original problem.

Good times. Would love to brag about how well this product is...
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

unblind Posted at 2015-11-30 00:00
So we got it back... turned it on, and it started vibrating like crazy. Turned off and back on...sam ...

Hi, unblind, I already reply you in another post, please have a check and can you provide your email address here? I will let the US support contact you if the problem persist. Thanks.
2015-11-29
Use props
Panomaniac
New

United States

can you use the "Rest Gimbal" switch inside the app?  will that clear the problem?

2015-11-30
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-29 21:40
Hi, unblind, I already reply you in another post, please have a check and can you provide your ema ...

matt@unblind.net
2015-11-30
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Panomaniac Posted at 2015-11-30 15:48
can you use the "Rest Gimbal" switch inside the app?  will that clear the problem?

We tried that. It does nothing. Thanks for asking.
2015-11-30
Use props
Chicagophil
New

United States

pls see my video for the Gimbal issues:
2015-12-3
Use props
Chicagophil
New

United States

Same issue with me. It was like this out of the box. Always beeping and prompting me to reactivate gimbal. Once I reactivate it Gimbal goes through the activation procedure (which doesn't sound good) and locks again.
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Chicagophil Posted at 2015-12-4 04:54
Same issue with me. It was like this out of the box. Always beeping and prompting me to reactivate g ...

Hi, chicagophil, your Osmo might have a hardware issue, please contact your dealer or technical support in US and ask for a exchange. Also, you can send your contact email, I will let the US support to help you. Thanks.
2015-12-3
Use props
Shwell11
lvl.1

United States

So what if you have the Inspire X3 unit using with the handheld and after the newest firmware update, you get this exact symptom.. First the Update wouldnt allow unit to remain connected to wifi, then it started the constant beep after startup...

I can tell you this.. I am not happy with DJI at all.. this will be the second product I have purchased and will need to return because of no fault of my own.. Good thing I dont have a huge following on youtube and social media.. So much potential, but so far, so much disappointment.. Useless Inspire and now Useless OSMO.. $5500 wasted in my opinion.

2015-12-25
Use props
stereopathik
New

United States

Has anyone been able to figure out this issue?  HELP!
2016-1-10
Use props
rikiph
lvl.1

Italy

I use it a few times 3, 4 maybe... today I use it, trying panos, hdr, some footage everything ok a part for some photos that I found on my smartphone and not in the micro sd (where I can find the setting where the Osmo save files?) and others photos are not be saved, I don't know why I don't have it on my smartphone and neither on the Osmo.

Now at home I tried to switch on the Osmo and..... beep beep beep beep same problems!

2016-1-21
Use props
beto.rmrg
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello , I have the same problem with my osmo ... worked or one hour ... when then reconnected does the same who complain ... a lamentable product of these
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rikiph Posted at 2016-1-22 02:18
I use it a few times 3, 4 maybe... today I use it, trying panos, hdr, some footage everything ok a p ...

Hello! Can you find the photos and videos in Playback? You can edit, share and download your photos and videos in the Library. The SD card will store your original photos and videos, you can unplug it and transfer your photos to your PC. You can also find many setting about the photo and video by tapping the Gear icon on the screen.
As to the beep beep sound problem, is there any other abnormal phenomenon at the same time. Please give us more description so that we can help you out! Thanks!
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

beto.rmrg Posted at 2016-1-29 01:39
Hello , I have the same problem with my osmo ... worked or one hour ... when then reconnected does  ...

Hello! beto.rmrg. Osmo is with advanced but sensitive inner components, any careless operation may cause unexpected trouble, but do not worry too much, we can always fix the problem because our engineers prepared many protection measures in it as well. Regarding the problem you're mentioning about your Osmo, could you please tell me more so that we can figure out the exact problem for you? I'll wait for your further feedback. Thanks!
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

stereopathik Posted at 2016-1-11 09:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqBbTURLEI

Has anyone been able to figure out this issue?  HELP!

Hi, Sorry about the trouble! Have you tried to do the Gimbal re-calibration? Can you connect to your mobile device via the Osmo Wifi? How long have you been using your Osmo? I'll wait for your reply and will see what I can do to help. Thanks!
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Shwell11 Posted at 2015-12-26 12:08
So what if you have the Inspire X3 unit using with the handheld and after the newest firmware update ...

Hi, Shwell 11, thanks for your feedback! The first time when connecting the Inspire X3 to the Osmo, since they are different FW, Osmo will have a process to recognize the new X3. Before that, please upgrade the Inspire X3 in the bird with the latest assistant software. If you come across any problem, please just feel free to let us know, we'll try to help you to fix the trouble caused. Hope our service will gain back your confidence to DJI. Thanks!
2016-1-28
Use props
ronyaquino01
New

Dominican Republic

mikesd Posted at 2015-11-14 17:33
Wow! Look how many have this problem. Sounds like DJI is in denial about a major design flaw, or lac ...

I have the same problem as solved
2016-2-24
Use props
ronyaquino01
New

Dominican Republic

mikesd Posted at 2015-11-14 17:33

I have the same problem as solved
2016-2-24
Use props
mangitung
lvl.1

Indonesia

I got my OSMO the other day and when I used it the second time around, I got this exactly same problem. I believe this is a product glitch that DJI failed to address. This is my second DJI product and I'm starting to lose faith in DJI. Any solution?

2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mangitung@gmail Posted at 2016-3-6 11:54
I got my OSMO the other day and when I used it the second time around, I got this exactly same probl ...

Sorry about the problem! You situation may be caused by some defect about hardware, please contact your dealer for repair. Thanks for your support continually.
2016-3-6
Use props
dinko.cepak
New
Croatia

After most recent firmware upgrade i have exactly the same problem...green light/beeping/unresponsive gimbal....has anyone discovered any fix to this?
2016-3-20
Use props
pctechcomputers
New
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-3-20
Use props
farokhi.amirhos
New

United States

Hi there,

I've bought an OSMO about 3 month ago, It was working pretty good since yesterday that it suddenly stopped working.

When I turn it on, It starts bipping and none of the rotors work then when I connect my iPhone, on DJI Go app it says the "Gilmbal is Locked" while it is not.

I've tried reseting the camera, Recalibrating the gimbal which didn't take in action and an error appears, I've tried upgrading to the latest frameware update & etc, None of them worked!!!

I've also checked out OSMO forum about this issue, It seems there are too many people having this problem with their OSMOs, But I didn't found a proper answer there!!!

What Should I do now ?

Also I'm in Iran and as I checked you do not have a repair center here in Iran.

Best,
Amir Hossein

2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dinko.cepak Posted at 2016-3-20 23:43
After most recent firmware upgrade i have exactly the same problem...green light/beeping/unresponsiv ...

How was your Osmo beeping?
Have you upgraded the firmware successfully? If it beeps D-DD, it means you've just done it and you just need to power-circle your Osmo.
I hope you've fixed the problem.
2016-3-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules