Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
400 Foot Limit????
2562 21 2015-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matt.massick.id
lvl.1

United States

All-Does the new firmware on the Inspire 1 limit altitude???  I recently did a firmware upgrade and today I could not get it to go past 400 feet???  

1) I did not have beginner mode on...
2) Flight maximum altitude was set to zero
3) Maximum Distance was not on
4) I had 8-12 Satellites at all times and was out in the country not near any restricted areas...
5) I have taken it to 1963 feet before - this was prior to the firmware upgrade...

Amy help would be appreciated!

Any help would really be appreciated....
2015-10-25
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

The firmware "update" downgraded you to 1640ft maximum and as you had set a value above (0=unlimited) it put you on default which is 400 ft.

You can still fly 1640ft if you enter this but not more with this restricted firmware.

I have written this several times here and in other forums especially because you cannot fly up mountains anymore which is a severe and unwanted restriction. However I read daily new posts here and there about new surprised people.

Well why does DJi not put such things in the changes description to notify everyone
2015-10-25
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-26 01:30
To save you looking for it, here's a copy of my response to your post in the other thread.

> Flight ...

The got an extreme jello problem with Fw 1.05 ESC and camera firmware. Anyway the problem will be that we will not be able to change the camera with old firmware.

Like Inspire Pro buyers get in reality fw 1.05 parts in their 1.00.30 firmware so they are fully forced to alt and speed and who know what else limits and problems if they want their camera to work. I know it shows them 1.04.00.10 but its not true for important parts. Each bin file consist of about 20+ different firmware files and DJI mixes them up so in reality its a hybrid verison.
2015-10-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

US Govt is instituting federal regulations on drones nationwide. The 400 ft limit is set by legislators. Go rant at them, not at manufacturers. Don't waste your energy on this forum. Its OK to own a gun and possibly kill school kids but no, you can't fly your drones as you please. Call this what you will, that's the world we live in.
2015-10-25
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

We do not have a 400' law in the US. Today it is just a guideline.
2015-10-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-10-25 19:36
US Govt is instituting federal regulations on drones nationwide. The 400 ft limit is set by legislat ...

Mike this is not a government  limit....

It is a guideline! they are working on cramming limits down our throats.... but not yet

Rich
2015-10-25
Use props
matt.massick.id
lvl.1

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-25 19:30
The firmware "update" downgraded you to 1640ft maximum and as you had set a value above (0=unlimited ...

Cool thank you...  So to be clear...  I should then set my maximum at 1640 feet?  If I am confused - any help would be greatly appreciated...
2015-10-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-10-26 12:35
Mike this is not a government  limit....

It is a guideline! they are working on cramming limits d ...

Sorry guys, but I know someone who knows better and she told me that the lawmakers in the US are set on restricting MR use in the country.
It makes no sense for a company to set limits on craft - it will surely diss end users, unless they were arm-twisted to do so.

I hope that lobby groups will help defeat this

Many smaller countries will just follow US guidelines. I foresee the day that those of us hoping to bring our aircraft on vacations will have to give this up. Did you see the poster who said his MR was disallowed from entering Nicaragua without a permit? The people who flew MR's in Paris last year and the person who did so in the White House did not help our cause.

Save your words and energy for lobbying your representative.
2015-10-25
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

So we all know about the upcoming restrictions and who is sitting
On the FAA board of certifies. DJI is one of them by the way. Does
These new rules apply to the all the RC public who fly hobby or
Just UAV's? It's kind of funny that for year the RC industry have
Been flying without all these problems until the UAVs hit (no pun
Intended) the market in the U.S. OK, UAV accreditation cost maybe
$10.00 on each UAV and let's say 500,000 drones so someone is
Going to make $5 million right off the bat. Now all that cash turns
To politics, right?
2015-10-26
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

I haven't updated since last January, they always add more and more stupid restrictions. Why update anyway? They don't ever make anything better or add new stuff other than the auto flight modes which are pure crap anyway. If it's not broke then don't fix it people, you only risk adding more bugs or unwanted features when you update with no upside.
2015-10-26
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Read this and you well better understand the reasons, commercial pilots are trying to keep drone operators from stealing their jobs.  http://www.aeriographer.com/tired-people-saying-drones-illegal-real-talk-law-really-isnt/
2015-10-26
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am still running the old version 1.1.2 and works flawlessly and I will keep just using it and NOT update to the new crap.   While there are some neat things in the newer FW, they are also taking away stuff we like and want.  Maybe it will change in the future but I don't see it coming.  
2015-10-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Paul, What happened with 1.3 for you? Sorry most of us aren't clued in into what you observed. Who's 'Wilbur'?
2015-11-1
Use props
dji Timster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

Same here I'm running the old pilot app 11.2 with the firmware.06 and I couldn't be happier never going to touch another DJI update again
2015-11-2
Use props
dji Timster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

Same here I'm running the old pilot app 11.2 with the firmware.06 and I couldn't be happier never going to touch another DJI update again
2015-11-2
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Don't worry about the government making any money - they haven't done that in decades - if they charge us $20 for a registration - their (our) cost will be $3,450 of expenses for personal and 6 months to process one application.
2015-11-2
Use props
Wolf1
lvl.1

United States

RE: 400 Foot Limit???? PROBLEM FIXED

All-

Thank you for all your help...  I changed the maximum from 120(Which somehow it got set to after the firmware upgrade) to 500...  I then flew it and it went to 1960 feet...  Thank you to everyone for all your help!
2015-11-2
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-27 10:07
Your bird might be worth more than a new Inspire one day. DJI are already well on their way to hav ...

I have not updated for months and every thing works great .Back in January I think,they could and did shut me down .I posted about that .They stopped me from flying unless I did the update .The App would not allow a take off .I am so happy that went away .It does show that they can force us to update ,not good .
2015-11-3
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2015-11-4 00:13
I have not updated for months and every thing works great .Back in January I think,they could and  ...

The exact fact bothers me more than anything.
2015-11-8
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

jones5r Posted at 2015-11-9 13:55
The exact fact bothers me more than anything.

Pretty sure that never happened, lol! I'm running firmware and app from January and have had no such experience. Half the nfzs and flight limits don't even work correctly in those versions, much less any ability to force an update. It says firmware update required at the top of the app for the last 11 months but flight ability is not affected at all for me. I know quite a few people who used to run those versions up to a couple months ago and possibly they still are and they haven't had any forced update experiences.  

If such a thing even exists it would only have been added in newer recent firmware versions and there is no possible way it could actually force anyone to update and it would be quite simple to bypass.  
2015-11-10
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-25 19:30
The firmware "update" downgraded you to 1640ft maximum and as you had set a value above (0=unlimited ...

Thanks for that info, I figured that would happen when one didn't enter a high end limit.
2015-11-10
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

I don't have any issues with 1.4 and if I wanted I can gain much higher than 400ft. Knock on wood I have had no known issues thus far. If you don't upgrade will DJI cover you if you have an incident?
2015-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules