Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bouncing TILT moves, RONIN-M
4192 7 2015-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ventuza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71726 ft
Canada

​So here's the deal: tilting has some problems on my RONIN-M.

Calibrated stiffness gets me a meagre 12. I can push it to 20, no more. At 25 there's slight vibration in the roll fork induced from the tilt motor.

The problem with this is that low stiffens makes the tilt moves looks bouncy.
My testing revealed that at 12 stiffness there's bouncing, at 20 less so, at 25 it is almost perfect, but 25 makes the arm vibrate.

What bouncing am I talking about? When you do a tilt and don't stop smoothly from the RC ( with intent to do so ) the movement will end with a bounce.
This does not happen on the pan axis ( stiffness is 64 ).

I've tested this theory of mine by reducing the stiffness in the PAN to 12. Guess what ? Bounces and wobbles !

Smooth track doesn't make any difference.

Low Stiffness = Bounce
High Stiffness = Smooth Stop

I am going to wait for a couple more days to see if I get any solutions for this, any reaction from DJI, then it's a return.
I've posted a number of messages, on various aspects of the RONIN-M functions, I got no feedback of any kind. Customer service is NULL. Not going to accept that.

I've seen somebody else that had the exact same 12 stiffness in the TILT as I did.
Is there a problem with the TILT motors ?

Please everyone, share your experience.
Thanks !

2015-10-25
Use props
noipego
lvl.4
Greece

you shouldn't get vibrations with stiffness @ 25. I've tried many setups and i keep all stiffness 45-55 with no issues ...i get noise and vibration at 65-70+
Maybe you haven't balanced your camera correctly...
2015-10-29
Use props
Ventuza
lvl.1
Canada

noipego Posted at 2015-10-29 08:18
you shouldn't get vibrations with stiffness @ 25. I've tried many setups and i keep all stiffness 45 ...

Thanks for your reply and fedback noipego.

I agree with you, there shouldn't be vibration at 25. I so wish I could squeeze a 40 stiffness out of it.
Unfortunately, I can't.
I consider my calibration almost perfect. Motor power accumulated on all axes is 1 ! That means 0, 0, 1 or some combination of "zero" on two axis and 1 on one of the axis.

Your answer kind of confirms that something is not quite right with the TILT motor.

Thanks !
V for Ventuza
2015-10-30
Use props
bvoran
New

United States

I'm in the same boat here. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... %3D90%26typeid%3D90
2015-10-30
Use props
Ventuza
lvl.1
Canada

bvoran@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-30 15:02
I'm in the same boat here. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=34519&extra=page%3D1%26 ...

Yes, seems the same problem. I didn't notice the arm's rigidity on my gimbal though.
2015-10-30
Use props
ethnoel.gmail
New

Sweden

Hi Ventuza, did you solved your problem? i am having the same issue, my rc controller and thumb controller are not working either. (they just work 2 min and then stop working)
regards
2015-12-23
Use props
Ventuza
lvl.1
Canada

ethnoel.gmail Posted at 2015-12-23 01:38
Hi Ventuza, did you solved your problem? i am having the same issue, my rc controller and thumb cont ...

Sorry to answer late, it's just by chance that I answer anyway, and unfortunately I haven't solved the problem and I did return my Ronin-M after a few more days of fighting with it.
I have to say that the local store gave me a lot of trouble for returning it.
As for the RC, it was always a hit and miss getting a quick connection and some functions didn't seem to work.
I didn't have a Thumb Controller, cannot speak about that.
My plan is to follow the forums and see if they come with meaningful hardware / software revisions before I buy it again.
2016-1-9
Use props
sijia
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here, can't  go above 25 on the stiffness of the tilt motor or it will vibrate. Camera is well balanced. Tried two different cameras of different weights.
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules