3081 17 2015-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can someone please give me the official 'line' on lens calibration with the X5.

Do the lenses need to be calibrated before each flight, or just the once. But, if I change lenses, do I need to recalibrate the lens after having been removed or does it save the calibration? Thanks.
2015-10-26
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can someone please reply from DJI with an official recommendation for this query, as I am receiving conflicting information elsewhere, thanks.
2015-10-28
Use props
Elliot Blue
lvl.1

Hong Kong

just need calibrate only once
2015-10-28
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elliot Blue Posted at 2015-10-29 07:04
just need calibrate only once

Thanks....
2015-10-29
Use props
contact
lvl.3
Flight distance : 211312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am familiar with the process. From what I have read you power up the Inspire Pro outside and find an object large in size with great contrast to your surroundings and put into calibrate mode. When finished with the calibration you should have good results. If you need any more help just give me a shout. Thanks

Ralph from FlyHighUSA
2015-11-3
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-11-3 21:10
I am familiar with the process. From what I have read you power up the Inspire Pro outside and fin ...

So you put it in calibrate mode, click ok then tap in on a high resolution object, camera focuses then what? Is there more to it?
2015-11-12
Use props
contact
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-11-12 18:23
So you put it in calibrate mode, click ok then tap in on a high resolution object, camera focuses  ...

no that seems to be it, if the calibration passes nothing happens, but if it fails you will get a notification calibration failure. I am making a video this weekend showing the entire process this weekend.  Someone needs to do this as there seems to be a lot of people asking the same question. I have sent an email to my DJI source for confirmation.
2015-11-12
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-11-13 01:12
no that seems to be it, if the calibration passes nothing happens, but if it fails you will get a  ...

A video would be great!! Thanks
2015-11-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

For most flights, the best way to get sharp images is to MF to infinity and leave it there. Aperture / light makes for significant differences in sharpness. Best sharpness around f7/ 8. Lots of option to play with aperture / exposure. The camera gives lovely images (better saturation, superior low light performance - less noise better color retention) but requires more work than an x3.

2015-11-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

tbuining@xs4all Posted at 2015-11-20 22:03
DJI should be ashamed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In every Forum, all ...

Manual calibration: Upon seeing the dialogue box asking you to calibrate, point at a something 50m away that has sharp, clear borders to the naked eye like a black and white building with high contrast black lines on white walls, Hit OK.

If videoing distant objects, select MF, set to infinity and shoot.

Autofocus does not continuously update. Do not use this until the firmware is upgraded.

If you need so much instruction and cannot understand, perhaps its best to stick to a X3. It works.
2015-11-21
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-11-21 11:03
Manual calibration: Upon seeing the dialogue box asking you to calibrate, point at a something 50m ...

I like what you were saying, till the last line. Why even answer if your going to be rude.
2015-11-23
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-11-24 07:11
I like what you were saying, till the last line. Why even answer if your going to be rude.

Well, its a practical point. The X5 isn't a point and shoot and while it does yield better images, it requires work and effort. The flexibility one gets with the platform is what drives some people nuts and to be honest, if I don't want to think about making adjustments and all, the X3 IS a better choice esp in good shooting conditions.

What is irksome is that there are well heeled persons who think that because they are such, they are owed a point-and-shoot level product, when by design, that's not what the X5 is. At least not originally. Lots of answers can be gleaned by using Google. When most of us started flying, it was a hobbyist's game. Now, its a different business. There is a nasty sense of entitlement that stinks. Think of all this from that perspective and perhaps you'll realize why I responded to that poster the way I did. Thanks for reading.
2015-11-23
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-11-23 18:40
Well, its a practical point. The X5 isn't a point and shoot and while it does yield better images,  ...

You know this crossed my mind, and i must say say you are correct.
2015-11-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-11-24 20:55
You know this crossed my mind, and i must say say you are correct.

Thanks Richard. I'm trying to do my bit to encourage civility too..
2015-11-24
Use props
Dody
lvl.2

Pakistan

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-11-13 11:12
no that seems to be it, if the calibration passes nothing happens, but if it fails you will get a  ...

any luck with that video yet ?
2015-12-22
Use props
contact
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dody Posted at 2015-12-22 18:21
any luck with that video yet ?

Sorry, have been out of town for holiday's, yes I will have it completed this week if all goes well!
2015-12-27
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>

What is the justification for having to calibrate the lens? I never saw a camera where this was necessary!

I need to calibrate each time you change the lens? Or whenever the first time a new lens?
2016-1-13
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-1-13 21:12
What is the justification for having to calibrate the lens? I never saw a camera where this was nece ...

It would be more correct to name it "Infinity focus button calibration" - to my best knowledge and tests, this calibration sets focus point which will be recalled each time you press Infinity focus button on Manual focus stripe (that tool which you can scroll up-down, and make fast closest focus and infinity focus)...

My detailed findings are in my recent post
http://forum.dji.com/thread-40249-1-1.html

Hope this helps.
Momir aka DrMrdalj
2016-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules