Where do I get support? DJIGo/registration issues.
9762 18 2015-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
propellerhead22
New

United States

I just received my DJI Osmo today. Unfortunately I can't use it due to DJI's stupid registration process and their broken Android application.

The DJI Osmo MUST be ACTIVATED through the mobile application in order for the gimbal to function. With no activation the gimbal is a dead noodle on a stick.

My problem is that while connected to the Osmo via wifi my phone refuses to use my mobile data connection to allow the DJIGo app to process the registration. Has anyone else been able to activate their OSmo via the Android version of the DJIGo app?

OnePlus One running Cyanogenmod 12.1/ Lolipop 5.1.1

Oh, and as of this moment none of DJI's support channels recognize the Osmo as an option for support.
2015-10-26
Use props
garyj7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3712841 ft
United States

It took me many tries. I eventually closed the osmo app and then logged into dji website on my phone and was able to complete the activation
2015-10-26
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi propllerhead22, you  need to close the OSMO wifi first , and then  connect to external wifi or use mobile data to activate your OSMO.
2015-10-26
Use props
iamstuffed
New

United States

The activation is nuts. It requires that you connect to the device via WiFi, but then requires data to send that activation. If you disconnect from WiFi,  it says you must connect to the device prior to activating. Totally. Useless.
2015-10-26
Use props
iamstuffed
New

United States

Finally worked. I'd post pics of the messages the app displayed but I'm on my phone. The setup isn't very intuitive.
2015-10-26
Use props
秋香
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please connect your Android device with your home Wifi to activate your aircraft. But if you have connected with OSMO Wifi and turned on your data at the same time, you still don't have access to surf the internet.
2015-10-26
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, since u r using android device. Normal Android device cannot connect to 4g with a closed LAN Wifi connected.

Osmo wifi network is a closed LAN.

u will fail to connect internet use ur browser on ur mobile device with any closed LAN connected via Wifi.  

On the other hand, Ios device support this feature. both 4g and LAN can work.
Android is an open platform so u may change its network program to meet the feature u desire. As I said, NORMAL android device cannot do it.

Followings may help u:

1.When u click active, it needs internet.
2.u may directly switch to device wifi and connect to ur home Wifi.
3.then switch back to click active.
4.Then u may get stuck because it needs to connect Osmo.
5.u switch wifi to osmo.
6. go into camera view.
hope that may help.
2015-10-26
Use props
alanpb360
New
United States

Activate OSMO using an Android phone. Follow the instructions in the “Quick Start Guide,” and connect your Wi-Fi to the OSMO. Open the DJI Go app as instructed in the guide, and activate your OSMO. When the “DJI Go app” tells you that you need to make sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi. At this point go back to “settings,” and then “Wi-Fi,” and change your Wi-Fi connection back to your personal internet connection (example, Home network), and then return to the Go app screen and press ok. After this the app will again ask you to make sure that you are connected to the OSMO Wi-Fi. At this point return to settings and switch your Wi-Fi once again to the OSMO, and then return to the app and press ok.
2015-10-28
Use props
HexCam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3808425 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alanpb360 Posted at 2015-10-28 23:29
Activate OSMO using an Android phone. Follow the instructions in the “Quick Start Guide,” and conn ...

Did this work for you? I tried to do the same thing but it wouldn't do it.
2015-11-5
Use props
alanpb360
New
United States

HexCam Posted at 2015-11-5 13:02
Did this work for you? I tried to do the same thing but it wouldn't do it.

Yes it did. just keep switching the Wi-Fi back to the one that it says needs to be connected. If the app says "you need to make sure that your OSMO wi-fi is connected, just press the center button on your phone and open settings and change back to the OSMO Wi-Fi. When it tells you that it cannot connect to the internet, then before you close the pop-up, press the center button on your phone, go back to settings, and change your WiFi back to your personal internet connection. I did this at home, where I have internet service. This cannot be done without separate internet service on a Android, since it will not work on both internet and cellular a the same time.
2015-11-14
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

The Android app isn't broken (although it has bugs and missing things such as 1/25 video shutter in the settings (iOS app has 1/25). Also, don't change the Osmo wi-fi password to less than 8 characters, your Android phone may not let you enter less than an 8 char wi-fi password, even if Osmo allowed an 8 character wifi password, you won't be able to use it, and you'll need to reset the Osmo wi-fi to fix. )

You only register once, then never again. You can log out of your DJI account on the phone after you do the activation.

All you need to do is be able to switch between the Osmo wi-fi and your home wi-fi, and then back again during the activation process. On Android that's easy. Swipe down from top of screen and long-press the wi-fi icon each time you need to switch between Osmo and your home wi-fi. It's not ideal but not too difficult.
2015-11-15
Use props
mccarty.video
New

United States

I have tried countless times this evening, and I cannot complete the activation process. I can successfully switch from the Osmo wifi to my home wifi to verify my account, and I can connect back to the osmo from my Wifi settings panel, but the process fails when I hit the "Confirm" button in the DJI  Go app. That takes me back to the Wifi settings panel within the DJI Go app, and I am unable to get out of the Wifi settings panel from there.

This is one of the most unintuitive and flaky processes I have ever had to deal with. I have been messing with this for more than 90 minutes, and I still have a $650 piece of useless equipment in front of me.

Come on DJI, get this stuff worked out.  
2015-11-28
Use props
mccarty.video
New

United States

mccarty.video Posted at 2015-11-28 19:13
I have tried countless times this evening, and I cannot complete the activation process. I can succe ...

FINALLY got this to work after between 15 and 20 tries. I had to just keep going back and forth between the "confirm activation" window and my phone's WiFi connection settings, repeatedly connecting to the Osmo. For reasons I can't explain, the confirmation finally worked and the camera activated.

Absolutely TERRIBLE first experience with this device, and it has really soured on the company and the product. Not sure if I'll keep the camera at this point.  

Oh, and to add insult to injury, the battery died within minutes of activating the device. That's after I charged it completely prior to use. Although, the battery was only on the charger for about 10 minutes. That was suspect to me, so I removed and replaced the battery a few times to make sure it was fully charged - which it was not. So, apparently, the battery charger doesn't work too well either.
2015-11-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mccarty.video Posted at 2015-11-29 12:54
FINALLY got this to work after between 15 and 20 tries. I had to just keep going back and forth bet ...

About the battery,  the charger LED is powered by the battery instead of the power supply so it will be green no matter how many power left in the battery, to make sure the battery is fully charged, you need to connect the charger to the power supply and check whether the charger LED is green or not.
2015-11-29
Use props
paul.jakubowski
New

Canada

I have the same problem
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
If you have trouble with the OSMO activation, please refer to this activation tutorial as below.
W'd like to receive your further feedback!
2016-4-14
Use props
Deckhand Camera
New

United States

garyj7 Posted at 2015-10-26 12:30
It took me many tries. I eventually closed the osmo app and then logged into dji website on my phone and was able to complete the activation

Can you elaborate on WHERE on the DJI site you went? Mine refuses to give me the (supposedly automatic) activation message. As a result, I am just plain stuck with a dead gimbal until I find a way to manually register it
2017-9-21
Use props
Deckhand Camera
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-14 23:55
Hello!
If you have trouble with the OSMO activation, please refer to this activation tutorial as below.
W'd like to receive your further feedback!

Yeah, the problem for me is that it never asks if I want to activate. That screen never appears
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Deckhand Camera Posted at 2017-9-21 14:05
Yeah, the problem for me is that it never asks if I want to activate. That screen never appears

What mobile device are you using? Could you please PM me the serial number of Osmo? It's on the bottom of the handle. We will help to check the status.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules