Cannot update RC firmware [solved]
1248 6 2015-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agbu
lvl.1

Germany

A few weeks ago, I did the update to firmware 1.4.00.10 - which did not include an update for the remote controller. The app kept telling me that I need to update the RC, but the DJI instructions told me that since there is no update included in that firmware, the warning is ok. And our Inspire 1 was flying just fine.

When I nevertheless try to update the controller (by copying WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin to an USB stick, inserting that into the RC and truning it on), no update is performed. Instead, the file WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt is placed onto the USB stick with the contents:

Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

I connect to the RC using an ipad mini 2. Running the DJI app, I get these version numbers in the 'About' menu:
App 2.4.0
Aircraft 1.4.00.10
RC 1.2.1.03
Camera 1.4.00.10

So now I am kind of stuck.

Any suggestions how to update the controller?

Thanks!

2015-10-26
Use props
agbu
lvl.1

Germany

OK, in case anyone else out there has this problem:

I was able to fix this, by first upgrading the RC firmware to 1.3 (using a USB stick) and then to the latest version through the app.
2015-10-26
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

The APP should ask you to download and install it. Probably you want to research before on different forums for reported experiences in lower range and less RC power output and decide then if you want this "update". I cannot tell you if this is true I will sure not try it out.
2015-10-26
Use props
burington
lvl.1

United States

I have tried to update and it will not do it.  It locked my RC with a blue light.  Please call DJI support to report this.  I have called them but they need to hear the pain that we are experiencing.
2015-10-26
Use props
agbu
lvl.1

Germany

Just to clarify: I was able to update successfully, by first applying the 1.3 firmware (using the USB stick approach), and then upgrading the firmware through the app.
2015-10-27
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Good to hear you got it fixed. I will keep this in mind for future users.
Thanks for sharing this info.

Dave
2015-10-31
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

@DJI DAVE - Do you work for DJI in America? If so do you have a # where you can be reached?
2015-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules