Osmo gimbal and fan problem
6957 16 2015-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ebay
lvl.1
Canada

Hi guys UPDATE: Customer service asked me to return the Osmo to be replaced. Very dissapointing. The return PDF form is problematic too (non fillable).-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just received my Osmo. Paired to my phone OK and can see the camera image, but the gimbals are not working, and the fan motor never quits running.
Gimbal Status = normal

Lee Brittain

2015-10-26
Use props
ericlatek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51427 ft
United States

Same here.  I only get one second of recording time, regardless of the video size or specs.  I've tried everything.
2015-10-26
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where did you guys buy the Osmo?
2015-10-26
Use props
ericlatek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51427 ft
United States

I pre-ordered mine from DJI directly.  
2015-10-26
Use props
chris
lvl.2

United States

I got mine today as well.  I have been able to record and shoot photos on it. However, If I shoot in 4k (4096x1260), it locks up the screen and reboots.  It sure does seem to burn through the battery fairly quick as well. It does seem as though the fan motor is constantly on which may be the reason?  I am going to keep working with it to see if it just seemed like a short period of time because it was the initial excitement of getting it (yes, I charged the battery fully as stated before using it). As for the rebooting, maybe a firmware update will fix this.

2015-10-26
Use props
randy
New
United States

I finally figured it ou.
2015-10-27
Use props
mariabarr
New

United States

how?  I'm having the same problem.  Gimbal limp most of the time, occasionally it twitches then goes limp.  fan on all the time.  Camera records but no control over gimbal.   When I double tap the trigger, it tries to reset (blinking green light) but its been doing this for about 10 minutes with no change.
2015-10-29
Use props
mariabarr
New

United States

how?  I'm having the same problem.  Gimbal limp most of the time, occasionally it twitches then goes limp.  fan on all the time.  Camera records but no control over gimbal.   When I double tap the trigger, it tries to reset (blinking green light) but its been doing this for about 10 minutes with no change.
2015-10-29
Use props
mariabarr
New

United States

I'm having the same problem.  Gimbal limp most of the time, occasionally it twitches then goes limp.  fan on all the time.  Camera records but no control over gimbal.   When I double tap the trigger, it tries to reset (blinking green light) but its been doing this for about 10 minutes with no change.
2015-10-29
Use props
mariabarr
New

United States

I'm having the same problem.  Gimbal limp most of the time, occasionally it twitches then goes limp.  fan on all the time.  Camera records but no control over gimbal.   When I double tap the trigger, it tries to reset (blinking green light) but its been doing this for about 10 minutes with no change.
2015-10-29
Use props
mariabarr
New

United States

this is my first time posting on a forum and apparently there's a learning curve....
2015-10-30
Use props
ivansterling
New

Mexico

Hello, same issue here! just got it today  and it just beeps, gimbal does a quick movement and then no response at all. App says it gimball is unlocked when it certanly is.
So, since no one in this forum has posted a solution to this, I guess I'll have to return it, so bad i live in another country so I guess it will be a nightmare... any suggestions for the returning process??
2015-11-18
Use props
chaz76vette
lvl.1

United States

Seriously......you figure out an answer to the question we're all asking and don't say what it is?
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi all, sorry that I missed this old post, here is the solution.
Gimbal limp, led on the handle won't light up after powering on, only the fan is working
Please try to save the gimbal first.
Solution: (using the original Osmo camera please)
1) Fully charge the battery until the led light on the charger turns from red to green.
2)Reboot and upgrade the OSMO: Copy the upgrade bin file into the SD card. Hold the trigger and record button, and pull down the power button at the same time. Hold it until the right led blinks red and green. Then try to upgrade the OSMO into v. 1.4.1.80. (The OSMO will update automatically with the bin file in the SD card, please wait about 20 minutes for the upgrade, the left led becomes solid green means the upgrade is successful)
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

chaz76vette@yah Posted at 2016-1-7 13:22
Seriously......you figure out an answer to the question we're all asking and don't say what it is?

Gimbal limp, led on the handle won't light up after powering on, only the fan is working
Please try to save the gimbal first.
Solution: (using the original Osmo camera please)
1) Fully charge the battery until the led light on the charger turns from red to green.
2)Reboot and upgrade the OSMO: Copy the upgrade bin file into the SD card. Hold the trigger and record button, and pull down the power button at the same time. Hold it until the right led blinks red and green. Then try to upgrade the OSMO into v. 1.4.1.80. (The OSMO will update automatically with the bin file in the SD card, please wait about 20 minutes for the upgrade, the left led becomes solid green means the upgrade is successful)
2016-1-6
Use props
armin.omidvar77
New

Iran

Hello
I am writing this letter in order to see what the problem is with my osmo!
I bought it 2 days ago until then I worked with it 2 or 3 times and now the gimball has stoped working and the camera doesn't move around. Also you have to push the reset button 2times till it works. The power is full, the fan, photos capturing, video recording and every thing works. Please help me with this problem.
Thank you
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

armin.omidvar77 Posted at 2016-6-26 18:04
Hello
I am writing this letter in order to see what the problem is with my osmo!
I bought it 2 days  ...

Hello.
Sorry for any trouble.
We'll try to help you figure out the issue in your another thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-56430-1-1.html

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules