4652 12 2014-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DutchAerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would like to use the Lightbridge for multi-purposes.  A2 flight system, Ronin but also... just as HDMI video tx rx.
Is it possible to just plug a camera's HDMI cable into the tx and just field monitor on the other side? If yes, do I get a clean display without anything else then video?

Thanks!

2014-12-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes.. just make sure osd over hdmi is turned off.
2014-12-21
Use props
DutchAerial
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-22 00:56
Yes.. just make sure osd over hdmi is turned off.

Thanks for the answer!
2015-1-2
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

@DutchAerial, how did your LB work out for remote monitoring on set?

@Everyone else who's thinking about buying an LB for the same purpose:
I'd like to point out, that the 2.4GHz won't penetrate walls very well,
when you give the remote follow focus and remote monitor to your 1st AC, he or she would have to have the LB ground unit fairly close or in line of sight and you'd likely get interference... wireless audio gear might interfere as well...
For the price point, you may want to use a wireless video system that penetrates walls better at a lower frequency and less latency and less prone to interference. Kinda hard to pull focus when the video feed keeps lagging out.
Edit:
@Dutch
I forgot to mention.... it might be possible to use the LB as follow focus system/video system. Just have to get an extra brain and serveros with focus gears... mounting should be fairly easy. If I had extra parts laying around I would try it.
2015-1-16
Use props
DutchAerial
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

I stil haven't decided yet what to buy. Maybe it's going to be a Osmo X5R but I need to be able to control it from distance and I'm not sure this is possible with the Osmo.
2016-11-7
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>

Watching this thread, I have similar needs. I'd like to try this for winter skiing/race
training.
2016-11-8
Use props
harry winston films
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6844 ft

United States

does anyone know how do i connect the lightbridge to ronin 1 ..power wise
2018-6-3
Use props
figure1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 622103 ft
United States

We used a LIghtBridge 2 setup to transmit picture back to video village earlier this week. It worked great and goes very long distance with no signal loss. There is a slight latency issue of a few milliseconds so you probably won't want to pull focus with this. But to give clients a picture of what is being filmed is great.

2018-6-14
Use props
snail.fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 973376 ft
Slovakia

Hey guys, I am about to get an L2 to use it just as a HD transmision from my HD camera on a drone for a director monitor. I've looked at the specs and it states that the operating freqency is in 5g8 and 2g4 bands.. cana it be locked just for one of them? need the second fot an analog FPV feed from the drone (an xclass sized cinema rig with BMPCC4K) thank you
2019-2-11
Use props
snail.fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 973376 ft
Slovakia

Just got myslef a Lightbridge v1 to use it as a HD video transmision from a HD camera. went with the V1 because it is locked to 2g4 band. Need free 5g8 for analog FPV video. But I have hard time getting it to work. The control LED is green and app shows it's connected but I have no video. The video LED on air unit is red. and when I try to change the input in the app it says that setting failed. Any ideas what could be the culprit? tested multiple cameras over HDMI and analog input as well but still no luck. already chcecked the firmwares but the windows app shows everything as last version. I hope that I didn't spent money on crap :/
2019-2-13
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Sorry, I overlooked this thread. LB2 and 5.8 GHz works together without a problem, see my LB2 & Connex Prosight copter.
Snail, did you solve the problem?

Best regards,
Wilhelm

2019-2-18
Use props
slbrisco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516132 ft
Germany

Hello,

I have bought a Lightbridge 1 for transmitting my Video Signal from my cablecam to a beamer...

Now my question is, can I connect my Walkera G3D Gimbal (using the RX signal from the standard transmitter for ROLL and PITCH )??

And how can I connect it with my Lightbridge?

Otherwise I have to use the Lightbridge for Video only and do the other functions with my receiver...

Thank you all for useful answers.
2019-3-2
Use props
djiuser_7fVgtpgVy9Zg
New

Venezuela

snail.fpv Posted at 2-13 10:25
Just got myslef a Lightbridge v1 to use it as a HD video transmision from a HD camera. went with the V1 because it is locked to 2g4 band. Need free 5g8 for analog FPV video. But I have hard time getting it to work. The control LED is green and app shows it's connected but I have no video. The video LED on air unit is red. and when I try to change the input in the app it says that setting failed. Any ideas what could be the culprit? tested multiple cameras over HDMI and analog input as well but still no luck. already chcecked the firmwares but the windows app shows everything as last version. I hope that I didn't spent money on crap :/

Hello friend, I encounter the same problem, you have not found a solution? Even the fault is not just one, I have four pairs and all have the same error
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules