Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo won't power on
26851 23 2015-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
field
New

United States

Used my Osmo for about 30 minutes after receiving it today.  Charged the battery and now it won't power on.  When I put the battery in I can hear the fan in the camera running immediately but sliding the power switch does nothing. Also I can connect to WIFI but the go app never connects.   Gimble does nothing.   Anyone had similiar problem?  
2015-10-26
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here.  Just got it today and it does turn on, but no video feed.  Anyone have any solutions?
2015-10-26
Use props
field
New

United States

I got it working again by holding down the trigger and the record button and then the power button.  It like reset it and it turned right on.
2015-10-26
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi plz check folllowing details so that we may help:
1. u used osmo for 30 min, did u successfully active it?
2. when you power on osmo (the fan is running) , the right side light near the power switch shows green or red?
3.when u power on osmo, any beep comes out?
4.u power on osmo. Although the dji go does not show "connected". u should still be able to enter camera view. Can u see any camera osd info? say shutter speed, video or sth? Can u see battery percent?
2015-10-26
Use props
Deep matrix
lvl.1

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-10-26 21:19
Hi plz check folllowing details so that we may help:
1. u used osmo for 30 min, did u successfully a ...

I just got my Osmo and i followed the quick start instructions but gimbal is limp....it is not functioning. Also within the app it takes me to a screen that show Osmo visually and says i need to update. Then i click next and it doesn't work. So i can't see the cam visuals via app, but it says i'm connected.

Any thoughts?
2015-10-28
Use props
harrissnodgrass
New

United States

Hello, I have a new OSMO and I can not get the camera view to activate on the DJI GO APP.  It Shows N/A N/A N/A etc across the camera screen, on solid gray.  Gimbal control and touch control still work, but no communication with camera or SD.  Any chance this is fixable?

2015-11-3
Use props
mikepostons
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4655722 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey guys, I had this issue, but worked it out eventually.  The instructions provided even in the manual are not very clear, had me confused for ages.  

You need to connect to your main wifi first (not the osmo connection).  Then load the DJI GO app, it will then propt you to activate the OSMO, and you have to switch back and fourth between the 2 wifis to get it done.  Once its activated, the gimbal and camera will boot up and do its dance,  And everything should work.  Probably need to format the SD card once its all complete as well.
2015-11-7
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8225 ft
Hong Kong

Deep matrix Posted at 2015-10-29 07:08
I just got my Osmo and i followed the quick start instructions but gimbal is limp....it is not fun ...

It seems your Osmo is not activated yet.  Please follow the manual to update the Osmo either via app or SD card.  The activation process should start after the update is completed.
2015-11-11
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

1) Try the reset combination button and upgrade the OSMO
2) You need to activate the OSMO.
2015-11-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

harrissnodgrass Posted at 2015-11-4 12:40
Hello, I have a new OSMO and I can not get the camera view to activate on the DJI GO APP.  It Shows  ...

Have you activated the OSMO? Please use an IOS device to do the activation so you don't have to switch the network back and forth.
2015-11-15
Use props
sweetcandyproje
lvl.1

Bolivia

field@txktoday. Posted at 2015-10-26 20:23
I got it working again by holding down the trigger and the record button and then the power button.  ...

Is this what happened to you? and how did you fixed it? was the Cosmo on or off when you did the trigger and record button thing?
2016-4-24
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

sweetcandyproje Posted at 2016-4-24 21:47
Is this what happened to you? and how did you fixed it? was the Cosmo on or off when you did the t ...

Hi, have you tried resetting the osmo WiFi to default? and SD card formatted correctly with PC and then through the app as well, remove camera from the handle (make sure osmo is turned of before doing this) and check connections, also try changing from 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz, or even try another device
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sweetcandyproje Posted at 2016-4-24 21:47
Is this what happened to you? and how did you fixed it? was the Cosmo on or off when you did the t ...

Hi, let's discuss your problem further in your own thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-50416-1-1.html
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-4-24
Use props
photo
New

Canada

I just purchased the Osmo, and am unable to power it up to activate it. I charged the new battery provided, and followed all of the instructions in the DJI videos for activation, or at least I tried to do so. But when I put the battery in the device, there is no green indicator light, and the device will not power up.
2016-5-5
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

photo@juliusand Posted at 2016-5-5 20:08
I just purchased the Osmo, and am unable to power it up to activate it. I charged the new battery pr ...

Hi, you probably have checked but there is a clear protective sticker over the battery terminals when new, has this been removed? do you have another battery to try?
Also try holding down the trigger and the record button and then the power button
2016-5-5
Use props
photo
New

Canada

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-5-5 19:54
Hi, you probably have checked but there is a clear protective sticker over the battery terminals wh ...

Sticker was removed when first charged. Tried all of those suggestions already. Nothing.
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

photo@juliusand Posted at 2016-5-6 09:46
Sticker was removed when first charged. Tried all of those suggestions already. Nothing.

Hello!
Could you please try to push the battery with your fingers so that the battery pins can be connected to the connector fully while you're trying to power on the Osmo?
Have you ever powered it on before or never?
2016-5-5
Use props
bazwilkinson85
New

United Kingdom

photo@juliusand Posted at 2016-5-6 02:46

I am in a similar situation - haven't been able to turn it on at all. Any solution for yours yet?
2016-5-21
Use props
userc8d9a3f3d7
New

Iran

Hi,I'veu updated my new firmware of dji osmo X3 but now it's green indicator is on for some minutes and after it osmo system goes to off ,no View on mobile dji go app,
Is any body to tell me about the problem?
Dariush Nazari filmmaker
2016-8-29
Use props
edavis
lvl.1

New Zealand

SAME: updated my X5 firmware for inspire-pro - all works well.. but after updating OSMO - it no longer works.. powers up then the camera falls limp..

can i roll-back to previous firmware? when i try the txt files says older or identical firmware.. no happy

2016-9-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

edavis Posted at 2016-9-6 10:37
SAME: updated my X5 firmware for inspire-pro - all works well.. but after updating OSMO - it no long ...

Hi, do you mean the X5 camera won't work on Osmo anymore? or it won't work on Inspire anymore?
2016-9-5
Use props
dai_owen
New

Turkey

mikepostons Posted at 2015-11-7 18:12
Hey guys, I had this issue, but worked it out eventually.  The instructions provided even in the man ...

Many thanks, Mike. This worked perfectly on both my ipad and android phone.  I think some of the procedure requires internet and the osmo wifi wouldn't connect to the internet, so I swapped back and fore as you suggested.  Perfect response.  Brilliant.
2016-10-8
Use props
Juank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38671 ft
  • >>>
Guatemala

When I insert the battery to the Osmo, it turns on automatically, then, when I turn off the Osmo with the power button, and try to turn it on, it doesnt work... So I have to pull out the battery and push it back and then again, the Osmo turns on automatically. Sometimes the Osmo doesn't recognise the batteries, a red light turns ON on the left side and then the Osmo turns off. Anyone with a solution or with the same problem? Thanks!!
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Juank Posted at 2017-6-22 17:17
When I insert the battery to the Osmo, it turns on automatically, then, when I turn off the Osmo with the power button, and try to turn it on, it doesnt work... So I have to pull out the battery and push it back and then again, the Osmo turns on automatically. Sometimes the Osmo doesn't recognise the batteries, a red light turns ON on the left side and then the Osmo turns off. Anyone with a solution or with the same problem? Thanks!!

Have responded on your own thread, please keep us update there.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules