Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Version D model
1012 4 2015-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christopherbrow
New

United States

The university I currently attend bought 2 of the Inspires so we can try the understand the possibilities of drones in construction. Does anyone have or know how I can get a hold of CAD models for the Version D (I believe) Inspire 1?

Additionally we are trying to build a mount for a secondary camera to shoot 3d videos, inferred, or something along those lines if anyone knows where or how we can get those mounts. We plan on 3d printing the mounts and parts we may need.

-CB
2015-10-27
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Well you can disasemble the Inspire plastic parts and make a 3d scan and then make a new part with a mount on it.
2015-10-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Christopher,sorry, but we cannot provide this sort of information here. In my personal opinion, for you research on a drones with 3d camera you'd better build  one open source copter yourself according to your camera requirements.
2015-10-28
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hey Christopher,

From what you've posted, it would appear that the DJI matrice or as suggested above a custom build is the better bet for your purposes. The Inspire is designed as a standard camera platform only and is not readily adaptable to other purposes.

Not saying it cant be done, just that the end result you're after is probably easier/cheaper to achieve using an alternative airframe.
The various 3D model libraries have many 'Inspire like' components, but unless you completely strip and scan an inspire you won't find any CAD design data out there.

2015-10-28
Use props
christopherbrow
New

United States

Thank you everyone for replying! This isn't my personal drone, the school bought the drones for us. I was just hoping someone beat me to disassembling it and scanning the pieces. All of the scans I have found online are "Inspire like" and don't exactly work, I have printed and tried a few. 3d scanning everything is the next step.

Ill post the results when done.
2015-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules