Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Crashing shooting at 4K 24fps
3375 13 2015-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyeliquid
New

Canada

Hi,

Just got my Osmo with the X3 camera. So far very exciting, though one thing has been happening that I think might be corrected with a further firmware. The camera works fine at 4k 30fps and 2.7K 24fps, but at 4K 24fps, when you record, the image freezes and then it crashes. Never recording beyond a still frame.

Controlling it off an Iphone 6. Is this a problem easily corrected or something other people are having?

Thanks,

Karim Hussain CSC
Cinematographer
www.karimhussaindp.com

2015-10-27
Use props
eyeliquid
New

Canada

Figured it out. Just need to set it to 3840x2160 24fps and not 4096x2160 for the time being. Perhaps a firmware update will set the 4096x2160 setting straight?

2015-10-27
Use props
ddyer.sc
New

United States

Got mine two days ago. This is true with mine as well. I've tried two different phones (iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 both running iOS 8 and latest app build) and three different SD cards. The Osmo and app crash at 4096x2160 24p with all combinations. It records two frames of video then bites it. The camera fan shuts off and about half the stuff on the app disappears.
2015-10-30
Use props
eyeliquid
New

Canada

Yes, that's exactly how it happened with mine as well. In the meantime, I'm shooting their UHD mode, but would be great to get the full 4K going, even if the difference is not massive.

2015-10-30
Use props
erg
New
Flight distance : 146018412 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Hey, that exact thing happneed to me... Have you guys found an answer already?
2015-11-4
Use props
matthewpeevy
New

United States

My just received Osmo freezes up as well when I try to record at full 4k 24fps.  This is unacceptable.  I tried restarting the unit multiple times to see if this cleared the issue, and it did not.  This is the main feature I purchased the unit for, so hopefully this gets fixed extremely quickly or I'll have no choice but to return the unit for a refund.  

UPDATE
*** I just updated my Osmo to the newest firmware and the problem has been fixed.  This is great news!  
2015-11-6
Use props
Trevor Broadben
lvl.1

Australia

Got my Osmo yesterday having the same problem freezing when 4k recording, updated the firmware didn't fix the problem, any ideas
2015-11-13
Use props
Trevor Broadben
lvl.1

Australia

Got my Osmo yesterday having the same problem freezing when 4k recording, updated the firmware didn't fix the problem, any ideas

2015-11-13
Use props
zulkeefly
lvl.1

Mauritius

Latest firmware did not fix the problem...still crashing when choosing the full 4k... Anyone else?
2015-11-17
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This will be fixed in next firmware.. latest firmware for the Osmo is a downgrade. The only firmware that resolved the issue was 1.1.1.50 but this had many other issues ( hence the downgrade with 1.2.1.60 )..
2015-11-18
Use props
gkkodo
New

United States

just got my osmo a few days ago and the screen freezes when i record and resets when i  stop recording in any resolution/fps and the firmware updates dont seem to be fixing the issue even though it says it does.
any suggestions?
2016-1-30
Use props
luisperez
New

United States

matthewpeevy@gm Posted at 2015-11-6 12:29
My just received Osmo freezes up as well when I try to record at full 4k 24fps.  This is unacceptabl ...

I've been complaining about this since day 1 with the OSMO called in from the first time I got it, explained the issue they told me it was the firmware made me upgrade even thou it was the right firmware
the guy just didn't want to understand it was there problem and blew me off, now I see I'm not the only one with this issue, my Inspire 1 doesn't have this issue and I'm stuck with shooting at 30FPS
and technical support for DJI is the worst in the planet terrible beyond words, get it together guys before you start loosing your cliental! it should be a easy fix come on.  
2016-2-24
Use props
luisperez
New

United States

Trevor Broadben Posted at 2015-11-13 23:35
Got my Osmo yesterday having the same problem freezing when 4k recording, updated the firmware didn' ...

I've been complaining about this since day 1 with the OSMO called in from the first time I got it, explained the issue they told me it was the firmware made me upgrade even thou it was the right firmware
the guy just didn't want to understand it was there problem and blew me off, now I see I'm not the only one with this issue, my Inspire 1 doesn't have this issue and I'm stuck with shooting at 30FPS
and technical support for DJI is the worst in the planet terrible beyond words, get it together guys before you start loosing your cliental! it should be a easy fix come on.  
2016-2-24
Use props
luisperez
New

United States

zulkeefly@yahoo Posted at 2015-11-17 15:27
Latest firmware did not fix the problem...still crashing when choosing the full 4k... Anyone else?

2016-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules