Bad TB47. how to get support?
2080 9 2015-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tom88
New

United States

I purchased an inspire less than 90 days ago.  It came with a dead TB47, it wouldn't take a charge and had no lights out of the box.
I returned the battery to the vendor, Drones Plus in Las Vegas and they replaced it.
Now after about 5 cycles it's dead again, no lights and won't charge.  It's also swollen or puffed as they say.
Drones Plus said after 10 days I have to go through DJI for warranty replacement so I contacted them and the fellow named Oscar in support took my info and promised someone would get back to me. It's been 9 days with no response, I've emailed repeatedly but nobody responds at all.
Is anyone else getting this treatment from DJI with battery problems?
2015-10-28
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

This is the process I went through for RMA of Inspire 1 batteries.   I first contacted the chat line who just told me to call the main DJI number in the USA.  I explained my situation and made a HUGE point of stating how the battery was swollen/puffy.. They asked me to send a photo. I sent them a couple photos of a normal battery compared to the swollen one and a screen shot of proof of purchase. They sent me a new battery pretty quickly and instructed me to dispose of the old one when my local sanitation facility had one of those "bring in your dangerous/toxic good days" .. Also there are many private companies that will dispose of lipos for free..

So to be succinct. I called, sent swollen pictures, they sent me a new one relatively quickly, I disposed of the old one at an approved facility. It was easy.
2015-10-28
Use props
tom88
New

United States

Thanks Guys.  There sure seems to be a high failure rate with Inspire batteries. Out of 3) 48's and 1) 47 I had two DOA and now this replacement dead.  That makes 3 out of 6 bad or 50% failure rate.
The first two were DOA so I know those had nothing to do with my handling. This latest failure came after charging on the DJI hub with the 180w fast charger with just 5 cycles.
It's one thing to have a high failure rate, another thing entirely to not honor the warranty or otherwise provide subpar support.  I guess I'll start the process of getting a RMA over again.  After 9 days of waiting on this open ticket I think I've been thrown out.
2015-10-28
Use props
tom88
New

United States

It's been 2 weeks and no response from DJI about my dead TB47.
2015-11-2
Use props
tom88
New

United States

Is anyone else out there able to get a bad battery replaced?
DJI is not responding to my request for warranty repair.
I've paid over $4k for this rig and apparently they are not honoring their warranty or even bother to communicate with me after 16 days waiting for a response.  
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

tom88@mac.com Posted at 2015-11-5 05:10
Is anyone else out there able to get a bad battery replaced?
DJI is not responding to my request for ...

Hey, Tom! I'm sorry for that! what is your e-mail, I'll look into it
2015-11-4
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-5 09:11
Hey, Tom! I'm sorry for that! what is your e-mail, I'll look into it

Hi DJI-Tim,
I have gotten the runaround too by support about a bad battery I have.  When I was updating the firmware to 1.4 one of my 5 batteries didn't take the update.  The inspire 1 will only make a click sound and have one taillight flaw, then nothing.  All my other batteries work fine and the inspire flies great.  I took the battery into local drones plus store to see if they had a way to flash firmware onto a battery and they referred me back to DJI support, which took weeks to respond, and then only by trying to close the "ticket".  Who can I contact @dji who can help?
2015-11-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-11-6 00:29
Hi DJI-Tim,
I have gotten the runaround too by support about a bad battery I have.  When I was upd ...

pinpointmapping, what is your ticket number? l'll try to do it asap
2015-11-5
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-5 16:41
pinpointmapping, what is your ticket number? l'll try to do it asap

Hi DJI Tim,
I Think the ticket # is 203110  & Here is what I first contacted Support about  in September.
Name: :Aaron Woods
Product Serial Number: :7421145244952
Briefly describe your problem::One of my 5 TB47 batteries has quit working after I updated the Inspire 1 firmware to 1.4.0.10 this morning.  The batter had a full charge, and as I rotted through the batteries for update, this one didn't work following update.  Now when I insert the battery into the uav, the just begins to start the uav, there is an audible click sound and the tail light flashes once,  then the craft is silent/unresponsive.  I've tried using this battery to recharge  a controller  with the optional cord, and the RC indicates  a flashing sequence of lights for a moment and goes blank.  The battery previously showed ~85 percent useful life left.  I believe this battery  is malfunctioning due to firmware update.  I need direction to repair or replace this battery.
Mahalo,
Aaron woods

support.us@dji.com via freshdesk.com
Sep 23
to me
You are receiving this message because it has been more than 10 business days since DJI Support has last heard from you.
We hope we were able to provide you with the assistance needed. If you still feel you are in need of customer support feel free to reply to this email to reopen your existing ticket.
DJI Support Center is available Monday-Friday, 7:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.
Online Chat support is also available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week (Monday – Friday) at http://www.dji.com/support
This ticket has been set to auto-resolve in 48 hours.

Aaron Woods <pinpointmapping@gmail.com>  

Sep 23
to support.us

Aloha DJI Support,

I'm afraid I still need help with the TB47 Battery that will not power on the DJI Inspire 1.  I have 4 other batteries that all work great, but the one will only cause the UAV to generate a single click/beep and 1 flash of red light on the tail light, then the craft goes quiet.  I believe I require authorization for a return/replacement of the bad battery.  I appreciate your prompt reply.

Mahalo,

Aaron Woods

DJI support.us support.us@dji.com via freshdesk.com  

Sep 25

to me

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting DJI Customer Support.

Regarding the new firmware update for the battery, I have found that there have been some similar issues regarding its effectiveness. Unfortunately, the North American branch of DJI does not have a development team available. I have made a note of the issues that you are experiencing and we will send your feedback to the development team at our headquarters so they could create a patch to rectify this issue. In the meantime, please try these steps to try to fix the problem on your own:

· If you have a Windows computer, you will need to have the DJI WIN Driver installed while the unit is turned on and plugged into the computer

· Download the latest Assistant Software, which is currently V3.8

· While in the Assistant Software, you attempt to update the firmware, located in the Upgrades tab

If you still have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email and I can try to help you further.

You may also contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

Regards,

DJI Customer SupportGreetings,

Thank you for contacting DJI Customer Support.

First I'd like to ask you a couple of questions, your answers to these questions will help me provide better support.

•How long have you had the battery in question?
•Has it been involved in any accidents or crashes?

Lastly, I'd like to suggest that you call our Customer Call Center for further assistance with troubleshooting.

You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

Regards,

DJI Customer Support

On Wed, Sep 23 at 10:08 PM , Pinpointmapping <pinpointmapping@gmail.com> wrote:
I never got a reply from my email that was sent over a week ago, now I am getting an email that if I don't reply within 48 hours the issue will be marked as closed. That is poor service.
2015-11-6
Use props
tom88
New

United States

Today, Nov 14, 2015 Fedex brought me a new replacement TB47 courtesy of DJI. Yeah!
It took over 3 weeks but that's okay.  The only complaint I have was the lack of communication about what was going on.
I see now they have improved the tracking process for replacement batteries so that's good.
Thanks DJI.
2015-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules