Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will the iPad 2 work properly with DJI GO
28700 10 2015-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redhotdragons
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
I am thinking of getting a Phantom 3 Advanved but the only device I currently have that I can install the DJI GO app on is an iPad 2 (Non-Retina, WiFi only). The app loads up fine but I can't test it as I don't have a Phantom to test it with. Can anyone help, I just don't want to buy a Phantom and be unable to use it without spending a further £400-500 on a new iPad.
Thanks
Peter
2015-10-28
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're going to need a newer iOS device that has a newer processor. See this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 0&fromuid=44480

The following devices are recommended:
iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.
        This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3 , Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
              Support for additional Android devices will become available as testing and development continues.
2015-10-28
Use props
PHMcCready
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That's not really an answer, I have seen almost this exact post numerous times. And yes as the linked post states they are using an iPad 2, but with the old Pilot app and that whey are unable to load it. I however am able to install the DJI GO app and load it up, I just can't test connection. I am sure a new iPad will work much better, but I need a little more than a stock FAQ answer.
2015-10-29
Use props
shean.David
lvl.1

United States

I have an ipad 2 and I tried to download the app. when I downloaded it said the app is not supported with this device. it sucks cuz I really wanted to use the bigger screen. now I use my phone the Samsung Note 3. works good. i hear that the ipad Air 2 is best.
2015-10-29
Use props
bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13946959 ft
  • >>>
United States

PHMcCready Posted at 2015-10-29 06:40
That's not really an answer, I have seen almost this exact post numerous times. And yes as the linke ...

I use an iPad Mini 2. I had an original iPad mini on a Phantom V2+ and I bought the iPad mini 2 specifically because it was listed as compatible with the Phantom 3A I got last June. This may help you with your decision. When DJI went from the Pilot App to the GO app, I started having issues with video delay. 3-5 seconds of delay at most times, but not consistently. As Apple upgraded to iOS9, the issues got worse as I would lose signal, get a black screen, and also get horizontal bars across the screen. Long story short, I flew this week with my iPhone 6, and everything worked great. No delay. I absolutely HAD to get some video of a construction project for my company for a meeting, and having a 3-5 second delay makes filming smooth video almost impossible. So, CAN you use it? Yes. You will most likely have similar problems. I have my local DJI rep here in NC coming over today and bringing his iPad mini 3 and we are going to see if it has the same issues as my iPad 2. If so, I may throw myself at the mercy of DJI technical support and see what can be done. I am very frustrated with the lack of concrete "yes, this is what is wrong" information out there. Good Luck! I can fly with my iPhone, but having a bigger screen with all the controls that the GO app has makes it so much better of an experience.
2015-10-29
Use props
PHMcCready
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you both for good replies.
@shean.David does your iPad 2 have iOS 8 or higher installed? I was able to install it and run it with no issue be it a little slow.
@bill that was my worry, I don't want to be flying and loose video, even if I am flying line of sight. I still only have a few minutes flight time and that was with an instructor, don't want to loose a phantom
2015-10-29
Use props
PHMcCready
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok so I got a Phantom 3 PRO and I can confirm that the iPad 2 (non retina) is compatible but very unstable with random app closures. I think it would be suitable for use as an aid for training to watch the videos and read the manuals but DO NOT use for during flight!! As a result of this I have upgraded my iPhone 5s to iOS 9.1 and it works great, both with the app and for general use so I'm happy.
2015-10-31
Use props
robertarraez
lvl.1

United States

bill@prestondev Posted at 2015-10-29 21:52
I use an iPad Mini 2. I had an original iPad mini on a Phantom V2+ and I bought the iPad mini 2 sp ...

Hi Bill how did go with the Ipad mini 3 ?

Noticed yesterday that I can download the Dji Go app on my Iphone4s and Ipad 2 weird because before it was telling that my iphone is not compatible.
2015-11-4
Use props
bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13946959 ft
  • >>>
United States

robertarraez@ya Posted at 2015-11-4 17:40
Hi Bill how did go with the Ipad mini 3 ?

Noticed yesterday that I can download the Dji Go app on ...

I ended up getting an iPad mini 4. (Work owns all the equipment, so nice that I could do that). It is flying 98% better. I only now get the delay/signal loss when the Phantom is very close to the radio. Once I back off and go it is fine. Yesterday I flew out 2400' at 400' elevation and it was super responsive and I didn't lose signal once.( To clarify, the Phantom itself has always been super responsive, the FPV has not) I was working in rough terrain so I hand caught it for landing, and once I was holding the Phantom it lost signal and then the 3-5 second delay came back while I was getting ready to power down. I thought maybe it was from me holding one of the legs with an antennae in it. Not sure though.
2015-11-5
Use props
stevprescott
lvl.2

Australia

shean.David Posted at 2015-10-29 19:42
I have an ipad 2 and I tried to download the app. when I downloaded it said the app is not supported ...

Hi. Just about to get the Phantom 3 Advanced.  I gave an iPad 2 . A ipad 2 air and a Samsung Galaxy s 4. Version 5.1.0.
Will this work as a monitor?
2016-8-11
Use props
fansa3761178
New

Brazil

I'm going through the same situation. I bought a phantom 4 recently. When I went to use my ipad 2, the app says it is not compatible with my device. Complicated. In one of the descriptions says that the iOS has to be 9.0 or higher. Mine is 9.3, but for being ipad 2, I can not use it. DJI should release for ipad 2. The situation I encounter is frustrating because I have to fly on a much smaller screen. Another problem I'm encountering is that with the latest update, the app opens a link and asks to enter a phone number from Mainland China. As? I live in Brazil! Is anyone facing the same problem?
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules