DJI's gonna be CRUSHED after the Christmas sales blitz
1275 6 2015-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

If you think support wait times are long NOW, imagine what it's going to be like after all the new user's get in the air on Christmas morning and these things start experiencing problems.  DJI is critically under-staffed as is.  I honestly feel sorry for them.

It took a full month of effort on my part to make sure my problem report got visibility.  We FINALLY came to an agreement (begrudgingly on my side, as I still feel I got shafted) for me to buy a complete new drone at a reduced price.  That offer was presented and accepted on 10/23/15.  It then took *four days* for them to tell me how to pay them.  I paid immediately, and now have been told to wait until the latter part of next week (11/4) before they can give me an estimate on when they might start the shipping process.  There's no bets as to when they'll actually put it in a box... that's just when they'll be able to give me an estimate for when that might happen.

This is not for a repair... this is to buy a complete new system!

So my best case scenario is that I'll FINALLY get the new drone a full 18-20 days AFTER we agreed on a settlement, and that's not counting the full month or more it took to get to that point.

Yeah... let's see how that goes over for all the new owners after Christmas.

2015-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are other drones & many manufacturers on the market!
@DJI is just the most popular, presently. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-10-30
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-10-30 20:39
There are other drones & many manufacturers on the market!
@DJI is just the most popular, presently ...

When I bought into this hobby at the beginning of Summer, I very quickly settled on DJI.

Who would you suggest as being a good alternative?  

I've considered going the do-it-yourself route and building my own, but while that's still an option, I do like everything that comes with an established product.  The photo/video quality of the Phantom is quite impressive.

2015-10-30
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

With all of the tension with China there may not be any Quads for Christmas!
2015-10-30
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

No one...I own three quads, Blade 350QX3, Yuneec Q500 4K and a P3P.  The P3P is BY FAR the best one.  I have looked at others, flown a few at the local hobby shop, etc...none even come close to the P3P.  I will admit that I have never played with a "kit" drone that you build yourself, so I can't comment on those.
2015-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Bluevista Posted at 2015-10-30 07:10
When I bought into this hobby at the beginning of Summer, I very quickly settled on DJI.

Who woul ...

Curtis Youngblood Stingray 500. ;-)
http://curtisyoungblood.com/V2/
Did you say you wanted sexy and fast? Hahaha
And collective pitch. . .

RedHotPoker
2015-10-30
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Add to that the possiblity this forum will crash with the sheer weight of  questions
2015-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules