Carbon Fiber Props, What's the verdict???
2160 23 2015-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

So what is the verdict of carbon fiber props? Good ? Bad?
2015-10-30
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

Wow, huge contribution from the masses.

Anyway, I bought a set of carbon fiber props and they are awesome. They are so much more responsive than the stock ones and I got a 22 minute flight time with them. My recommendation , don't buy them as I want to be the only one who has a bad ass Inspire 1, I will buy all the carbon props for myself.

http://www.amazon.com/RCstyle-Up ... opter/dp/B016ZPNY6K
2015-11-13
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-13 06:09
Wow, huge contribution from the masses.

Anyway, I bought a set of carbon fiber props and they are a ...

They will also take more abuse. Don't worry, they are plentiful. The secret is to not buy third party props. Grab the DJI props.
2015-11-13
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

rodger Posted at 2015-11-13 22:22
They will also take more abuse. Don't worry, they are plentiful. The secret is to not buy third pa ...

What is wrong with third party props. The ones I have now are third party I think.
2015-11-13
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-13 17:44
What is wrong with third party props. The ones I have now are third party I think.

If you bought the ones that are in the link, they are third party. Look at the lock, it will cause abraison on the prop and the motors when taking the props on and off shortening the life of both. Just my opinion.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodger Posted at 2015-11-16 21:44
If you bought the ones that are in the link, they are third party. Look at the lock, it will cause ...

yes, we don't recommend the 3rd party props, it's safer to fly with original ones from DJI
2015-11-16
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-13 07:22
They will also take more abuse. Don't worry, they are plentiful. The secret is to not buy third pa ...

dji doesnt sell carbon fiber props.
2015-11-17
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-13 16:44

depends on the source.  DJI doesnt sell carbon fiber props anyway, but of those that do some of them are unbalanced or poor quality.  I bought a set and they are a tad shorter than stock DJI props and make my inspire a little bit slower but otherwise not noticeable differences in flight. Different sellers will have different products/results.  cheaper is usually cheaper for a reason and likely to be unbalance/poor quality if you get the cheapest available.  I would avoid that, unless you have the ability to balance them yourself which some people do.  Easier to spend the extra 5-10$ and get the quality product in my opinion however.

Carbon fiber props are stiffer and more likely to cut your finger off rather than bend/break like the stock plastic ones do, so dont stick your hand in the props or crash into anything alive.

Thousands of people use non dji accessories with no problems.  As long as they are balanced I wouldnt stress over it at all, nothing is gonna happen. DJI just wants to get your money instead of you giving it to a third party for the same product.
2015-11-17
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I asked the very same question of my local hobby shop.
Their feedback was that CF props, being stiffer do offer improved performance and maneuvering, however can increase vibration.
The standard DJI props, being more flexible are better able to dampen vibration, at a cost to ultimate performance and maneuverability.

Having said that, I fly with the standard self tightening props and locks! FTW!

I'd like to try out tri-bladed props on the inspire at some stage.
2015-11-17
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-17 04:23
dji doesnt sell carbon fiber props.

They sure do! Check under accessories. They have a carbon fiber reinforced prop.
2015-11-17
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-16 22:20
yes, we don't recommend the 3rd party props, it's safer to fly with original ones from DJI

And for good reasons Tim as you well know.
2015-11-17
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-17 04:31
depends on the source.  DJI doesnt sell carbon fiber props anyway, but of those that do some of th ...

Great tip! "don't stick your hands in a spinning prop"!
I'll stick with the DJI carbon fiber reinforced prop. My Phantoms and the Inspire don't seem to fly in the tripod mode. I hate it when a prop comes loose and leaves my Quad.
If you think that DJI just wants our money and that they don't care about producing a quality product that is safe to fly along with all of their failsafe features maybe you should buy another product?
No offense but, I am sick of the bashing of DJI on their own forum or anyone else's for that matter!
2015-11-17
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-17 21:51
They sure do! Check under accessories. They have a carbon fiber reinforced prop.

I did check in the dji store under inspire accessories.  They only list self tightening, quick release, yellow tip and white tip props, no mention of any carbon fiber.
2015-11-17
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-17 22:09
Great tip! "don't stick your hands in a spinning prop"!
I'll stick with the DJI carbon fiber reinfo ...

Pay attention, I did buy another product. 3rd party props and they work great. Thousands of other inspire owners have also purchased 3rd party accessories with no issues.  You're foolish to think all 3rd party products are inferior.  Sure some of them are but others are in fact sometimes better quality than oem. You might have noticed dji has changed their prop attachment design 3 times now.  Wonder why they keep doing that. Probably just for fun. Which one do you think is the prefect infallible design? I hope for your sake you are correct, lol!  Use some common sense and do a little research when buying aftermarket accessories to ensure you don't get the poor quality ones.
2015-11-17
Use props
Adam Gibbs Phot
lvl.1

Canada

My question is why? The DJI props are not expensive so why bother with third party ones? doesn't make any sense even  if the third party props work well.
2015-11-17
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Adam Gibbs Phot Posted at 2015-11-18 07:14
My question is why? The DJI props are not expensive so why bother with third party ones? doesn't mak ...

Well as mentioned different kinds of props give different flight characteristics. Most people probably don't care and it doesn't matter to them but others want max performance and get aftermarket props to gain a few more mph or a little better responsiveness.  Not sure about inspire but you can even get different pitch props for phantoms. Not to mention different mounting options that dji doesn't offer and were far more reliable than the first quick release system. Oem props break far more easily than carbon fiber.  There's a million reasons really depending on the person and what they want to accomplish. Plus for like the first 8 months or so after the inspire was released dji didn't even sell props by themselves.  Naturally aftermarket companies stepped in to provide a service dji didn't.
2015-11-17
Use props
Adam Gibbs Phot
lvl.1

Canada

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-18 07:40
Well as mentioned different kinds of props give different flight characteristics. Most people prob ...

Okay! well thanks for the clarification. Guess I should have read a few more of the posts.
2015-11-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-17 14:05
Pay attention, I did buy another product. 3rd party props and they work great. Thousands of other  ...

My point exactly, three changes to get it right as far as the locking goes. I am not going to answer an arrogant child.
2015-11-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-17 13:52
I did check in the dji store under inspire accessories.  They only list self tightening, quick rel ...

Pay attention! Check the Phantom accessories. You are in the Phantom Forum.
2015-11-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Adam Gibbs Phot Posted at 2015-11-17 18:14
My question is why? The DJI props are not expensive so why bother with third party ones? doesn't mak ...

Good thinking Adam. Using the DJI Props ensures a positive locking system without any abrasion.
2015-11-19
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-19 03:31
Pay attention! Check the Phantom accessories. You are in the Phantom Forum.

Actually I'm in the inspire forum but I've seen the same topic show up and be linked in both forums before so I'll give you a pass on this point. This forum needs improvements.
2015-11-19
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-19 03:26
My point exactly, three changes to get it right as far as the locking goes. I am not going to answ ...

Do what about all the guys still using the first two types? You can't even but the newest type from dji. You disprove your own lack of point, 3rd party is better. Lol, you are the arrogant child, you don't even know what you're talking about.
2015-11-19
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-18 03:52
I did check in the dji store under inspire accessories.  They only list self tightening, quick rel ...

Where are the quick lock carbon props from DJI?
2015-11-20
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-20 21:14
Where are the quick lock carbon props from DJI?

There aren't any for the inspire. Are you in the inspire forum or phantom forum looking at this thread? I'm in the inspire forum but rodger says it's in the phantom forum also so there may be confusion as too who's talking about what uav in this thread, lol!  I'm not that knowledgeable about phantoms anymore, haven't been following them.  Last I knew they didn't have quick release or carbon fiber oem props but rodger says they have oem carbon fiber props now. Inspire does not however.  Personally I use the self tightening props on my inspire so I haven't looked and don't know if there are any aftermarket carbon fiber props that attach to dji quick release systems or not. Some people are scared of self tightening props but I've been flying with them for about a year with no issues. Make sure you properly tighten them and you won't have any problems.
2015-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules