Tilt motor resistance / low stiffness?
3209 5 2015-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bvoran
New

United States

I'm a first time Ronin M owner and everything is working well except the tilt axis. In fact, it actually kind of crappy. My home made gimbal worked better on tilt.

I've got my GH4 ballance on the ronin but I can't use anything above 29 on the stiffness of the tilt motor. I've also noticed that there is resistance on the gimbal motor see video:

Is this normal for the resitance to be there? Also is this just a matter of me not ballancing the camera on the gimbal correctly?
2015-10-30
Use props
Ventuza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71726 ft
Canada

I've read an article on it and it's an electronics problem. I am afraid I don't have the link but it was here on the DJI forum most probably.

Being that the motors are motors, they generate current as you turn them, current that through poorly designed circuitry ends back in the motor and causes the stiffness. So the motor ends feeding itself the self generated current. No, this is not a perpetuum mobile, as the human power feeds energy in the arm. No, DJI hasn't discovered free energy forever.

So, it's poor transistors and electronics in general that don't dissipate electricity somewhere else and it ends back in the motor.

Of course, there's a chance that it's bad ball-bearings as well, but my money is on self inductance. ( the term for this phenomenon associated with motor )

Take care, good luck !
2015-10-30
Use props
ethnoel.gmail
New

Sweden

Hi Bvoran did you solved your problem? i am having the same issue, my rc controller and thumb controller are not working either. (they just work 2 min and then stop working)
regards

2015-12-23
Use props
ethnoel.gmail
New

Sweden

Hi Bvoran did you solved your problem? i am having the same issue, my rc controller and thumb controller are not working either. (they just work 2 min and then stop working)
regards
2015-12-23
Use props
sijia
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here, can't  go above 25 on the stiffness of the tilt motor or it will vibrate. Camera is well balanced. Did you solve the issue?
2018-6-10
Use props
GrantZ
New

United States

sijia Posted at 6-10 17:10
Same issue here, can't  go above 25 on the stiffness of the tilt motor or it will vibrate. Camera is well balanced. Did you solve the issue?

Did you ever figure yours out?
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules